The long DIVA thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

chacka wrote:
snigelx wrote:
chacka wrote:...Dunno if Urs will drop some more info but what about coming to Musikmesse to find out? It's less than 3 more weeks... :D
but Chacka,... Urs made it sound like they will have the booth in the Musikmesse ghetto. I don't have money to purchase a piece at the moment. :scared: I spent all my money on a Diva a couple nights ago. She even came home with me...And made me breakfast the next day. And best of all... *whispers* I made her self-oscillate all night long... It was so easy and there were NO DELAYS with her...response! :love:
There's no way how I could beat that! Even meeting you live in Frankfurt at the Musikmesse couldn't compensate that remotely! :D
Well, the thing I was trying to say is that she's a pretty easy girl. Anyone can make her have a similar response by twisting the right parts...ok ok :hihi:

But seriously MM week (and weekend is no good for me. There are birthday parties that weekend. Otherwise I am working. I am in Sweden so one fine year I will attend! You mark my words.. And... You better believe I will stock up on spirits at the border before I return here when I do :hihi:

I've been pondering about a webcam...

snigelx wrote:
xh3rv wrote:
snigelx wrote: Touch screen for Diva controller?What will that be used for?
A physics-based puzzle game where developer's heads are launched to break down barriers in the world of digital synthesis. It's called 'Angry Urs'. :hihi:
...but all i wanna know is can i do dubstep wobble bass with it? because you know massive can do that. it doesn't have a game but it can do a dubstep wobble bass. i saw it on youtube :hyper:
hilarious post :hihi: :hihi:

Suloo wrote:
snigelx wrote:
xh3rv wrote:
snigelx wrote: Touch screen for Diva controller?What will that be used for?
A physics-based puzzle game where developer's heads are launched to break down barriers in the world of digital synthesis. It's called 'Angry Urs'. :hihi:
...but all i wanna know is can i do dubstep wobble bass with it? because you know massive can do that. it doesn't have a game but it can do a dubstep wobble bass. i saw it on youtube :hyper:
hilarious post :hihi: :hihi:
:hihi:

Microtonic 3 has an Othello game build in :hihi:
I'm way to dumb to win it though :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

Urs wrote:Today we've sent the dxf to the laser guys. We're in good spirits that we have something to show on Musikmesse. 46 knobs plus touch screen.
What are you using for hardware? MIDIbox is my fav:
http://www.ucapps.de/

This is my current design:

104 Knobs, 48 Buttons, 16 LED rings, 1 OLED display. I may replace 2 of the right pots for a xy touchpad (or 3 pots for a xy plus pressure):
http://www.ladyada.net/products/tfttouchbreakout/

The plan is loosely based on a Doepfer A-100 system:

I'm looking to build a general controller, and one that work well with the best VA I can get (aka Diva). :D
www.rb-d.com Web development and graphic design

(somehow the previous post looks blank for me, but I got the content when replying with quote)
quixotic wrote:What are you using for hardware? MIDIbox is my fav:
http://www.ucapps.de/
We're actually working with an Arduino board, using shift registers instead of just multiplexers to extend the number of connections. We also need the 3 Uarts of the Atmel chip for this.
quixotic wrote: This is my current design:

104 Knobs, 48 Buttons, 16 LED rings, 1 OLED display. I may replace 2 of the right pots for a xy touchpad (or 3 pots for a xy plus pressure):
http://www.ladyada.net/products/tfttouchbreakout/

The plan is loosely based on a Doepfer A-100 system:

I'm looking to build a general controller, and one that work well with the best VA I can get (aka Diva). :D
Wow, that's massive.

We're adding a micro-atx board with the latest i7 quadcore. This will drive a 8" VGA touchscreen that's linked via USB. (It'll also shell out 4-part multitimbral Diva, if all runs well)

Urs wrote:

We've also decided to make Diva more attractive to people who don't need "true to original" implementations, so we're evaluating the possibility of a digital oscillator type and stuff. That oscillator might be resetting then.

;) Urs
This is amazing news!! Can't wait!

btw, are you planning to model your Waldorf Pulse, or other more modern sounding analogs, or perhaps even modular OSC like Hertz Donut and/or Piston Honda to add to Diva in the future?

_leras wrote:btw, are you planning to model your Waldorf Pulse, or other more modern sounding analogs, or perhaps even modular OSC like Hertz Donut and/or Piston Honda to add to Diva in the future?
I'd leave that open for now. There's so much work and so much stuff going on here, it's impossible to make any promises right now.

Urs wrote:a 8" VGA touchscreen that's linked via USB.
I'm interested in what screen this is. I want to do something similar for midi with a Raspberry Pi board and Linux...

bmrzycki wrote:
I'm interested in what screen this is. I want to do something similar for midi with a Raspberry Pi board and Linux...
We ordered it from a German dealer for car appliances. We have to rip it apart for what we want to accomplish. And maybe we find out which components were used, so we can track down the source.

Urs wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:
We ordered it from a German dealer for car appliances. We have to rip it apart for what we want to accomplish. And maybe we find out which components were used, so we can track down the source.
I feel a little better -- it's a complete b*tch sourcing just a USB touchscreen that isn't incredibly expensive and works with Linux. I've found this company: http://www.mimomonitors.com/products/mimo-touch2 but haven't purchased one yet. I have a Kindle Fire and discovered there's a multi-channel USB transmission to the device -- it might be possible to write a simple java android app to be a dumb client over the side-band usb channel. That's a bit non-trivial since I don't really know Java or Android.

I'll wait to see what you think of your touch screen experience. :)

Just a reminder: Don't forget to switch all of your DIVA instances to Best for offline accuracy like I've done now for 2 different projects. OK that's all ;P

Urs wrote:
_leras wrote:btw, are you planning to model your Waldorf Pulse, or other more modern sounding analogs, or perhaps even modular OSC like Hertz Donut and/or Piston Honda to add to Diva in the future?
I'd leave that open for now. There's so much work and so much stuff going on here, it's impossible to make any promises right now.
Fair enough, I'll just have to hope that the Pulse is considered vintage. :-) (Can only be bought on ebay these days!!)

This is of no consequence, but with LED colour set to around 0.86 are the LEDs in the effects section the same shade as those in the Dual VCO section?

hakey wrote:This is of no consequence, but with LED colour set to around 0.86 are the LEDs in the effects section the same shade as those in the oscillator section?
I was too lazy to do 12 shades for the rectangular LED buttons. Couldn't be bothered back then.

Some time soon (or so) we'll have built-in bitmap tinting, then it's done programmatically and same shade for all types of LEDs :)

Return to “u-he”