The long DIVA thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

Someone correct me if i am wrong but i think he already said that Zebra also can't be ported because of some current limitations :(

kmonkey wrote:Someone correct me if i am wrong but i think he already said that Zebra also can't be ported because of some current limitations :(
Yes, but I don't remember if it was because of CPU or GUI limitations.

Im 99% sure it had to do with the GUI
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:Im 99% sure it had to do with the GUI
That.

In RE we have no XY controls, no tabbed panels, no spline envelope editors, no scrolling rack units with dynamic module appearance, no draggable modules grids, no freehand waveform editors.

Yet.

I can't get diva to update.

royaldeadman wrote:I can't get diva to update.
:popcorn:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

royaldeadman wrote:I can't get diva to update.
Please send email to support at u-he dot com with your exact system and host specs.

Also, what number is printed on the bottom right of Diva's interface?

Urs, have you heard of pyramix, the vs4 format and the masscore system?

http://www.merging.com/products/show?product=1&page=54

for the tl;dr crew, its basically a system that lets you boot in a windows mode that slaves 3 cores to the pyramix software and only lets windows use 1 (in the setup i helped build). at least that's how it was explained to me.

that seems like a system for Diva no? most DAWs seem to be fairly bad at multicore use, and it seems like a lot of that has to do with pc architecture. and while the 1.1 update helped a lot on some patches giving diva the undivided attention of the new breed of cpus seems very exciting. its not exactly "consumer gear", a full rig will run you something like 3-4k euro but i die a little every time i upgrade my computers and find out that the software still cant really take advantage of the hardware. this seems like a sensible approach to that problem.

Hey guys,
any plans to develop a Reason RE of Diva?
And before I ask that I should probably ask if it's technically possible to create the circuit emulations with the RE SDK and Reason's environment?

sys2074 wrote:Hey guys,
And before I ask that I should probably ask if it's technically possible to create the circuit emulations with the RE SDK and Reason's environment?
One page ago...
Urs wrote: We can't multicore REs and we have no control of optimisation on assembly level. Thus I don't believe that Diva RE will be doable anytime soon, but we're contemplating a monophonic synth derived from Diva's toolbox, with added RE features.

Nanakai wrote:
sys2074 wrote:Hey guys,
One page ago...
Urs wrote: We can't multicore REs and we have no control of optimisation on assembly level. Thus I don't believe that Diva RE will be doable anytime soon, but we're contemplating a monophonic synth derived from Diva's toolbox, with added RE features.
Aah damn, there goes the hope! :(

Nothing wrong with a great sounding mono synth though ;) And im sure it's possible to somehow link several together, for instance so 12 of them each responding to a note. It would be pretty mental :D

Or maybe even cooler .. limit yourself with for instance four of them and then have a combinator with it's knobs to control the pitch of each

Crackbaby wrote:Nothing wrong with a great sounding mono synth though ;) And im sure it's possible to somehow link several together, for instance so 12 of them each responding to a note. It would be pretty mental :D
Sure, I'd still welcome monosynth REs that are based on the parts of Diva, i.e. synths that emulate the Juno-60/Jupiter-8/MS-20/etc. But for now Diva has officially blown me away! ;)

This is a great synth. I have a prophet 08 and the diva has kept me from playing it. I haven't even looked at other soft synths since I got the diva and it is unlikely that I will any time soon either:). This and the prophet and its death by analogue for me. Thank you!

Return to “u-he”