The long DIVA thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

sys2074 wrote: Sure, I'd still welcome monosynth REs that are based on the parts of Diva, i.e. synths that emulate the Juno-60/Jupiter-8/MS-20/etc. But for now Diva has officially blown me away! ;)
Anyone else like to see the DIVA soundengine rolled into a full blown Jupiter 8 emu?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:
sys2074 wrote: Sure, I'd still welcome monosynth REs that are based on the parts of Diva, i.e. synths that emulate the Juno-60/Jupiter-8/MS-20/etc. But for now Diva has officially blown me away! ;)
Anyone else like to see the DIVA soundengine rolled into a full blown Jupiter 8 emu?
Yeah, i'd like to see the synths DIVA is based on as separate vsti's :) But only if it would be an easy and fast job so it wouldn't affect other cool Uhe products :)
:hug:

I like the "multiple synths in one" approach myself :)

me as well. i could see adding some optional features for each subset.. i wish that it had a TB-303 mode.. :) without the sequencer of course - just 303 OSC and filter and I would be off to the races..!

Getting crashes in ableton :(. Loading Diva can sometimes make the whole thing slowdown loads and eventually crash. It also seems to crash certain projects when I open them. I'm running ableton suite 8.2 on windows 7 64 bit and there's probably something going on on their side as well but its rendered whole projects completely useless :(.
Last edited by ctrls on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ctrls wrote:Getting crashes in ableton :(. Loading Diva can sometimes make the whole thing slowdown loads and eventually crash. It also seems to crash certain projects when I open them. I'm running ableton suite 8.2 and there's probably something going on on their side as well but its rendered whole projects completely useless :(.
Live is on Version 8.3.3, any reason why you havent updated? I have no problems at all with suit 8.3.3 and Diva (32bit and 64bit with 8.4b3) and I havent seen any other people post with this issue, so maybe its worth updating to 3.3 and reinstalling?

ctrls wrote:Getting crashes in ableton :(. Loading Diva can sometimes make the whole thing slowdown loads and eventually crash. It also seems to crash certain projects when I open them. I'm running ableton suite 8.2 and there's probably something going on on their side as well but its rendered whole projects completely useless :(.
Yea me too. Live 8.2.7
I'm thinking of trying the 8.3x version then.
Send saved doc crash reports, and email to support at u-he dot com
Explain details...etc.
I'm different in that I get audio drop outs, with occasional crashes, but not always. No cpu overload though, and no multi-threading used.

I havent updated yet because I heard horror stories of crashing in general on the new versions and this version of ableton worked for me otherwise, some important deadlines coming up so trying to not take too many chances. but yeah it might be the version but diva is the only plugin that makes it behave like this so i just thought i'd let Urs know. i still havent 100% ruled out that it could be the nebula in the chain but its a little tricky to test when it seems to crash the problematic projects (even when pulling the channel from a project file into another).

Is there any estimated time frame for new features on DIVA?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Is there any estimated time frame for new features on DIVA?
None that I'm aware of.

(we're currently concentrating on Zebra, Mountain Lion, Rack Extensions, AAX)

Urs wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:Is there any estimated time frame for new features on DIVA?
None that I'm aware of.

(we're currently concentrating on Zebra, Mountain Lion, Rack Extensions, AAX)
Okay great thanks for letting me know.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Okay great thanks for letting me know.
No worries though, we do have things coming, but we're currently planning in two-week terms as there's so much...

I ask because for sometime I've wanted to follow up my DIVA soundbank, but I wanted to wait for an ARP and maybe any new filter types.
Aiynzahev-sounds

ctrls wrote:I havent updated yet because I heard horror stories of crashing in general on the new versions and this version of ableton worked for me otherwise, some important deadlines coming up so trying to not take too many chances. but yeah it might be the version but diva is the only plugin that makes it behave like this so i just thought i'd let Urs know. i still havent 100% ruled out that it could be the nebula in the chain but its a little tricky to test when it seems to crash the problematic projects (even when pulling the channel from a project file into another).
Live updates don't install over your old one, so there's no downside to downloading and trying it. Your old version will still be there if the latest version doesn't work on your machine.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:Live updates don't install over your old one, so there's no downside to downloading and trying it. Your old version will still be there if the latest version doesn't work on your machine.
From what I can tell, they do now. Since Live 8.3, when you install a new version it's always Live 8. So I don't have Live 8.3.1, Live 8.3.2 and Live 8.3.3 folders I just have Live 8. At least that's how it works in OSX.

Return to “u-he”