The long DIVA thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

keel wrote:Congrats Urs!! Any sound demos? :oops:
hehe... I already posted some... most of it is work in progress, there's no guarantee that the final version will sound anything like whatever I could post today.

Just what we needed, more U-he stuff to look forward to :)
Deep N' Dusty House Grooves !!!
Artist: http://soundcloud.com/nigel
Label: http://soundcloud.com/diplopiarecords

If there's a problem with Diva, you could always reverse the letters, I don't think anyone's using that...

duncanparsons wrote:If there's a problem with Diva, you could always reverse the letters, I don't think anyone's using that...
When Avid changed their logo, the marketing folks were trying to play up the fact that the new logo looks like transport controls. I told them they had forgotten to put the record symbol between the "v" and the "i". :hihi:

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

justin3am wrote:I told them they had forgotten to put the record symbol between the "v" and the "i".
I can see though why they avoided that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious!

But (speaking as a deep thinking Aussie) ... what if you wake up one day and decide that your latest creation should be called "Roger The Frog" or "Snapper" ...? Mate, you'd be stuffed.

Wouldn't it better to say "Powered by DIVA"? Then you leave your options open for a whole new range of vapourware ... :D

Dominus wrote:
NEKRO.MACHINE wrote:Well 'Vader' are poland's numero uno DM exports. One of my all time faviourite bands for sure Urs :)
They use synths/samples sometimes for intro's and such but one the whole it is more straight up Death Metal :tu:
It's all about Black To The Blind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=536RwHckhaE
Simply can not disagree with that call at all man \m/ (I got cheap thrills so bad when XXV came out as it was like the classics had been given a whole new lease of life :hyper: :love: )
Dominus wrote:
NEKRO.MACHINE wrote:Edit: Shit i forgot about the Darth Vader: Pissing off star wars die hards is not a good idea i would think :hihi: although a synth called the 'Deathstar' is sounding good to me :shrug:
Deathstars?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WKyAFYfiYM
:-o That/They/Them are horrible. Like glam rock meets ministry and NIN...
definately not my strange brew Dominus and a name of decent potentional ruined. Shall know that if hear that named mentioned ever to avoid like the proverbial plauge. Thanks for the warning my friend

Sorry for the lack of synthetic talk in this one Urs but them 'Deathstars' look like they are dressed to the nines with the material type :lol:
Last edited by Dean Aka Nekro on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

urs:

How about: D(void)?

-goldenanalog

Urs wrote:
hehe... I already posted some...
?

Where?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Urs wrote:
hehe... I already posted some...
?

Where?
In the supersaw thread... these have nothing to do with the analogue synths though ;)

For "real" demos I first need to set up the new studio. My current workplace is 15sqm and tumbles under the space occupied by the machines I accumulated to inspire Diva with. Many are stored corners and in their flightcases and I couldn't be bothered to drag them out just now.

I wouldn't have thought that one day I'd go any buy keyboard stands again :lol:

Oh yes, and many machines can easily be identified by their noisy faders, pots and glitches. Some, like the Memorymoog and the Prophet need proper service before I'd ever post any a/b demo. The MS-20 (owned by Alexander Hacke of Einstürzende Neubauten, visiting me while he's on tour) is totally unreliable, but hopefully in a good enough shape to make out the differences between the virtual one and the Monotron.

However, the most interesting part of my quest sits on my breeding board. I have built various filters from schematics last year, but I had to clear that desk in order to shoot the Lego movie. Once I'm in the new office I'll have a large area dedicated only to hardware analysis, repair and design.

Dinomight

Urs wrote:...For me it's the Juno 60, and then probably the Jupiter 6 (might arrive next week)
If it sounds like a Juno 60 I'd be a very happy man

todd_r wrote:
Urs wrote:...For me it's the Juno 60, and then probably the Jupiter 6 (might arrive next week)
If it sounds like a Juno 60 I'd be a very happy man
Me too, me too :cry:

I have already got the waveforms right though, and the envelopes. The filter is not quite there yet and I havn't even dared to attempt the chorus. One problem is that the Juno is very in-your-face during a short attack with filters open, whereas my stuff sounds like it "fades in". This might be a psychological effect though, as I'm playing the Juno from 2 meters off my desk and my thing with a keyboard on the desk. I might need to post a blind test once.

That said, the problem with these synths - especially that Japanese brand with the mellow sounding name - are the actual restrictions. I'm used to create plugins with very wide parameter ranges, but these synths operate in a rather narrow band of freedom. Even if I can get the filter right, many people will be disappointed because of its lack of overdrive. The idea is to put a marker on the knob that says "go past this point to get beyond reminiscence".

;) Urs

Return to “u-he”