The long DIVA thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

grymmjack wrote:
musikmachine wrote: Well i just bought the Squad recently and then Tremor comes along and Diva sounds fantastic but i have no where near the cpu to use all of these in a project at the same time!
That's what freeze and bounce are for. :)

What's your main host? Surely it has one or the other? I find that bouncing actually is a more productive way to work, piece by piece, as it forces me to actually COMMIT to a given path.

So much of my lack of productivity hinges on too much flexibility and not enough of a rigid path to a destination. Think about that a second it's confusing to say but it makes sense a little bit.

Of course if your CPU is older, DIVA is going to dominate it but if you bounce, you can still work it in until you upgrade that way.
Yeah you're right and I totally get what you're saying about having too much creative flexibility, I prefer to have a few synths that I know really well but i'm already bouncing a lot as maschine is single core. But the sound of Diva is something else. Ironically it fits really well with Tremor so I guess it's futile to resist. :help: :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

I hope this arrangement of Venus does Diva justice: http://soundcloud.com/mike-leghorn/venus

It's almost all Diva, except for a couple Zebra sounds here and there.

I love how accessible Diva is to us non-technical folks. I can actually tweak the patches!

Are there anymore updates planned for Diva "soon"?
Soon like in the next month or two.
Not that I have encountered any problems with it as is.
Something else I was hoping for though. :wink:

Restless wrote:
Howard wrote:
Restless wrote:
musikmachine wrote:So Diva is snapping at the heels of the mighty virus? :o
Well, in what concerns VA emulation and filters, yes, I believe it is.
No it's not ;-)
You're right. It is ahead of the virus.
Just think about Hypersaws, wavetable synthesis, formant synthesis etc. of the Virus TI and you could totally forget that comparison...

The only possible comparison would be the Virus with "standard" analog parameters and the Moog filter models. And don't forget to add a few of the new FXs like Tube Drive etc.

Besides that most people seem to want a Virus because it sounds like a Virus and not like a model of a certain analog synth.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Just think about Hypersaws, wavetable synthesis, formant synthesis etc. of the Virus TI and you could totally forget that comparison...
Which is why I mentioned in what concerns VA and filters. The Virus does a lot more, that's for sure, but where they overlap Diva just sounds better.
Last edited by Restless on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mleghorn wrote:I hope this arrangement of Venus does Diva justice: http://soundcloud.com/mike-leghorn/venus

It's almost all Diva, except for a couple Zebra sounds here and there.

I love how accessible Diva is to us non-technical folks. I can actually tweak the patches!

Wow absolutely beautiful.
I'm really impressed. A huge one!
Yeah, Diva is actually the first Synth VST i bought, being a non-technical as well. It's so musical, it's ridiculous. I feel so inspired by this VST, just like a real instrument haven't done to me in long long time.

Restless wrote:
Ingonator wrote: Just think about Hypersaws, wavetable synthesis, formant synthesis etc. of the Virus TI and you could totally forget that comparison...
Which is why I mentioned in what concerns VA and filters. The Virus does a lot more, that's for sure, but where they overlap Diva just sounds better.
Sorry, i am just a bit "allergic" against those 10000+ "Virus vs XXX" comparisons.

BTW i already had packed my Virus TI desktop (first version, almost 6 years old) in the original box for around 2 months but i still could not decide to sell it even if i really wanted to...
That's not because the Virus is bad at all but the combination of other hardware and software i got makes it almost redundant (a single synth could NOT replace it!!). Maybe i'll do some more samples of it before i sell it (or maybe not sell?!...).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
BTW i already had packed my Virus TI desktop (first version, almost 6 years old) in the original box for around 2 months but i still could not decide to sell it even if i really wanted to...
That's not because the Virus is bad at all but the combination of other hardware and software i got makes it almost redundant (a single synth could NOT replace it!!). Maybe i'll do some more samples of it before i sell it (or maybe not sell?!...).

Ingo
I understand, i bought a Virus c years back brand new and i never got around to making a single track with it, it sat in its box for many years its only lately I've set it up in my studio where it makes a nice ornament ... Softsynths are just so much easier to deal with.

I fire up my hardware when i just want a Jam/Tweak about however when i produce I'm always ITB , I suffer from G.A.S always will got my eye on a Moog Minitaur even though i know for a fact it will never end up in one of my tracks :D

CANE CREEK wrote:
I fire up my hardware when i just want a Jam/Tweak about however when i produce I'm always ITB , I suffer from G.A.S always will got my eye on a Moog Minitaur even though i know for a fact it will never end up in one of my tracks :D
+1000 here..
I have voyager, juno60, sh09, ATC-Xi, SE-1x and more....
Love jamming on hardware, and love the sound..
But the same way as you - im also mostly ITB when i produce my tracks (electronic pop, ala robyn, knife - and had a few smaller hits on the national radio)..
- i even have 1176, CL1b, 4 ch NTP comp, ssl bus comp, Eventide orville that seldom is turned on. CRAZY..

I just love DIVA and ITB :-)

jumper24 wrote:
+1000 here..
I have voyager, juno60, sh09, ATC-Xi, SE-1x and more....
can't top that however i do own Little Phatty / Dark Energy / SE-1x and Yes Diva sounds superb :D

I must rant and rave about Diva. I am absolutely in love with it! I also have Zebra and Ace, which all sound fantastic, but I think Diva even sounds better. It's a whole new world of sound for me. Also, even though I'm generally clueless with synthesizers, I'm finding the interface to Diva to be very accessible. I can actually take a preset that's close to what I want and tweak it to be exactly what I want. Due to the simplicity of the interface I'm gaining confidence in the area of sound design. I'm going to read the manual and see if I can understand the more advanced features.

mleghorn wrote:I must rant and rave about Diva. I am absolutely in love with it! I also have Zebra and Ace, which all sound fantastic, but I think Diva even sounds better. It's a whole new world of sound for me. Also, even though I'm generally clueless with synthesizers, I'm finding the interface to Diva to be very accessible. I can actually take a preset that's close to what I want and tweak it to be exactly what I want. Due to the simplicity of the interface I'm gaining confidence in the area of sound design. I'm going to read the manual and see if I can understand the more advanced features.
Great! There aren't so many "advanced features" in the manual yet, but I hope to add some tips and tricks in February :)

The synth's sound,... My god... just, my god. Love it. :D

This synth deserves whatever hype it gets. It is pure WARM pleasure right in the earbone. I dare you to drop it in the mix. It's starting to take over here. I have to back off. ;P

mleghorn wrote:I must rant and rave about Diva. I am absolutely in love with it! I also have Zebra and Ace, which all sound fantastic, but I think Diva even sounds better. It's a whole new world of sound for me. Also, even though I'm generally clueless with synthesizers, I'm finding the interface to Diva to be very accessible. I can actually take a preset that's close to what I want and tweak it to be exactly what I want. Due to the simplicity of the interface I'm gaining confidence in the area of sound design. I'm going to read the manual and see if I can understand the more advanced features.
This is interesting. After hearing your stuffs, i never thought you are clueless with synthesizers. I actually thought you are a synthfreak.
I don't have much clue about synths either, but i bought Diva as the first soft synth i paid for, -others are freebies-, because its just so inspiring. It was also the first synth i demoed, which has such useful and playable presets. And there are tons of patches i could relate to right away.
I basically work now just like you, pick the closest patch to what i want to hear, try to understand it, and than tweak it.

I also own a plugiator, which has top notch emulations in it (minimax, pro-12, prodyssey, to mention some) But that thing is so buggy, i can't really work with it. And its hardware. Its actually a nice synth for live situations, but at home, i'm happy with my Diva.
Last edited by ooohhh2 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was playing around with Diva last night tweaking the Moog section to get a sync sweep, and I can say that it's at least as smooth as ACE, which previously was the smoothest VA sync sweep I've ever heard. However, it is also much, much richer in overtones than ACE imo. For those of us who are fond of playing synth in a "lead guitar" sort of style, it would be hard to improve on Diva. I'd say it's the best VA for sync sweep. I'm looking forward to doing some recordings with her sometime in March or maybe sooner!
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Return to “u-he”