The long DIVA thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

T-CM11 wrote:I'm assigning Diva knobs to my MS20 Legacy controller in FL Studio, and I notice that Osc2 octave and detune is the same midi parameter (Tune2). Any idea what to do about that?
This came up a while ago when people were creating templates for Novation's Automap stuff. I don't think anyone had a perfect solution. A key observation from that IMHO - there are situations where one wants to be able to use one knob to detune as well as automagically twist the octave footage knob, and situations where one doesn't. So some compromise seems inevitable.

Urs has been hinting at a custom DIVA controller (e: to be clear, not something really for commercial distribution but sounds like a pretty great project) and some interesting MIDI stuff, so perhaps it will be evitable after all in the near future. I really don't know and hope that's not a reach.

(Also I'm thinking there's some Inception-level logical madness with ever having an opportunity to use the word evitable.)
Last edited by xh3rv on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T-CM11 wrote:I'm assigning Diva knobs to my MS20 Legacy controller in FL Studio, and I notice that Osc2 octave and detune is the same midi parameter (Tune2). Any idea what to do about that?
I'm hoping there is some solution to this as well. Both for regular midi mapping (to use the Korg MS-20 controller) and also for automation parameter based mapping.

what about oscillators retrigger?i haven't followed the thread since some times sorry but is it abandoned? it would made my life so much easier

thanks guys :)

Fred_Abstract wrote:what about oscillators retrigger?i haven't followed the thread since some times sorry but is it abandoned? it would made my life so much easier

thanks guys :)
It's in consideration...

We've decided to do a few little updates every now and then with a feature or two each.

We've also decided to make Diva more attractive to people who don't need "true to original" implementations, so we're evaluating the possibility of a digital oscillator type and stuff. That oscillator might be resetting then.

Reseting the analogue oscillators isn't quite as easy as one might guess. They might still create different transients on each new note, just because the previous state might still mark a difference on the phase wrap or dc offset.

;) Urs

xh3rv wrote:Urs has been hinting at a custom DIVA controller (e: to be clear, not something really for commercial distribution but sounds like a pretty great project)
Today we've sent the dxf to the laser guys. We're in good spirits that we have something to show on Musikmesse. 46 knobs plus touch screen.

We also have a promising cpu gain.

Urs wrote:
xh3rv wrote:Urs has been hinting at a custom DIVA controller (e: to be clear, not something really for commercial distribution but sounds like a pretty great project)
Today we've sent the dxf to the laser guys. We're in good spirits that we have something to show on Musikmesse. 46 knobs plus touch screen.

We also have a promising cpu gain.

:O
Massive.

Urs wrote:...Today we've sent the dxf to the laser guys. We're in good spirits that we have something to show on Musikmesse. 46 knobs plus touch screen. We also have a promising cpu gain.
Ah yes the laser guys. What kind of theft-deterrent laser will Diva be packing then? :hihi:

Touch screen for Diva controller? Is that for the modifier system or...maybe real-time forum access? ;) What will that be used for? How does having a controller affect CPU usage? Is this a controller or an actual Diva hardware running the VSTi?

snigelx wrote: Touch screen for Diva controller?What will that be used for?
A physics-based puzzle game where developer's heads are launched to break down barriers in the world of digital synthesis. It's called 'Angry Urs'. :hihi:

snigelx wrote:
Urs wrote:...Today we've sent the dxf to the laser guys. We're in good spirits that we have something to show on Musikmesse. 46 knobs plus touch screen. We also have a promising cpu gain.
Ah yes the laser guys. What kind of theft-deterrent laser will Diva be packing then? :hihi:
Hehehe, the guys who will laser cut the front plate for the controller. The only weapon is still the lady herself. :wink:
snigelx wrote:Touch screen for Diva controller? Is that for the modifier system or...maybe real-time forum access? ;) What will that be used for? How does having a controller affect CPU usage? Is this a controller or an actual Diva hardware running the VSTi?
Dunno if Urs will drop some more info but what about coming to Musikmesse to find out? It's less than 3 more weeks... :D

xh3rv wrote:
snigelx wrote: Touch screen for Diva controller?What will that be used for?
A physics-based puzzle game where developer's heads are launched to break down barriers in the world of digital synthesis. It's called 'Angry Urs'. :hihi:
...but all i wanna know is can i do dubstep wobble bass with it? because you know massive can do that. it doesn't have a game but it can do a dubstep wobble bass. i saw it on youtube :hyper:

chacka wrote:...Dunno if Urs will drop some more info but what about coming to Musikmesse to find out? It's less than 3 more weeks... :D
but Chacka,... Urs made it sound like they will have the booth in the Musikmesse ghetto. I don't have money to purchase a piece at the moment. :scared: I spent all my money on a Diva a couple nights ago. She even came home with me...And made me breakfast the next day. And best of all... *whispers* I made her self-oscillate all night long... It was so easy and there were NO DELAYS with her...response! :love:

xh3rv wrote:(Also I'm thinking there's some Inception-level logical madness with ever having an opportunity to use the word evitable.)
:lol:
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

chacka wrote:
snigelx wrote:
Hehehe, the guys who will laser cut the front plate for the controller. The only weapon is still the lady herself. :wink:
snigelx wrote:Touch screen for Diva controller? Is that for the modifier system or...maybe real-time forum access? ;) What will that be used for? How does having a controller affect CPU usage? Is this a controller or an actual Diva hardware running the VSTi?
Dunno if Urs will drop some more info but what about coming to Musikmesse to find out? It's less than 3 more weeks... :D
Chaka, will photo or video duties fall to you? :wink: (Somebody's got to take video! :cry: )
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

snigelx wrote:
chacka wrote:...Dunno if Urs will drop some more info but what about coming to Musikmesse to find out? It's less than 3 more weeks... :D
but Chacka,... Urs made it sound like they will have the booth in the Musikmesse ghetto. I don't have money to purchase a piece at the moment. :scared: I spent all my money on a Diva a couple nights ago. She even came home with me...And made me breakfast the next day. And best of all... *whispers* I made her self-oscillate all night long... It was so easy and there were NO DELAYS with her...response! :love:
There's no way how I could beat that! Even meeting you live in Frankfurt at the Musikmesse couldn't compensate that remotely! :D

Gonga wrote:Chaka, will photo or video duties fall to you? :wink: (Somebody's got to take video! :cry: )
We will have some media stuff going so you'll definitely be informed and will get some visuals. :)

Return to “u-he”