Zebralette Patch Contest

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, well what I'm thinking is that those who so wish may make a single suggestion for the task for the next contest - and then, as I said earlier in the thread, those suggestions would then be put to a vote in the patch voting thread.

The voting would look like this:

Code: Select all

1. Patch X 
2. Patch Y 
3. Patch Z 

Theme: "Monkey Tennis"

Once more:

Please don't use Osc FX "PhaseDist" or "Wrap"!

Exhile wrote:
hakey wrote:
Exhile wrote:Or a sound created without using any oscillators :o
You mean without using the OSC modules? (The XMF and Comb modules are oscillators of a kind.)

That's certainly a possibility.
That was the idea. That would get people to experiment with the xmf or comb as soundsources.
So do you want to put this forward as your 'official' suggestion Exhile?

(I think there may have been a similar ZPC in the past, though that's not necessarily a reason to dismiss it.)

Contest ideas:

1. A contest where all Zebra matrix slots are put to good use!
2. A contest where at least 4 FM Zebra oscs are used.:hihi: ...or an FM contest.
3. A contest where participants would use Zebra to recreate popular (modern) synth sounds or hard to synnthesize acoustic stuff. Grand Piano anyone? ;)

^Just one suggestion per person 3ee ;)

hakey wrote:^Just one suggestion per person 3ee ;)
:oops: Ohh, sorry!
In that case I will suggest an FM contest please! :D

Okay, 'FM Contest' could be interpreted in many ways - would it be a broad 'make something FM-ish' contest, or a restricted 'use only the FM modules, or somewhere in between?

hakey wrote:Okay, 'FM Contest' could be interpreted in many ways
Did thought you would add details to the basic "FM contest" suggestion but.. here we go! :)

Use Zebra to make FM synthesis (Main subjects are the FMOs).
Clean FM synthesis, obviously NO OSC modules.
XMF filters are too cool to be a feature in this contest, so NO XMF filters!
NO COMB, Ring, Shape!
Effects? Contestants can use only the mix, compression, eq and filter modules and 1 (one) other effect of choice excluding reverb!

Is this OK for a future contest suggestion?

3ee wrote:Use Zebra to make FM synthesis (Main subjects are the FMOs).
Clean FM synthesis, obviously NO OSC modules.
XMF filters are too cool to be a feature in this contest, so NO XMF filters!
NO COMB, Ring, Shape!
Effects? Contestants can use only the mix, compression, eq and filter modules and 1 (one) other effect of choice excluding reverb!

Is this OK for a future contest suggestion?
Yep. :)

The only thing I would say is that, in order to avoid confusion, it's best to make the contest description and rules as simple as possible - your longish list of allowed/disallowed modules might just be asking for trouble.

hakey wrote:The only thing I would say is that, in order to avoid confusion, it's best to make the contest description and rules as simple as possible - your longish list of allowed/disallowed modules might just be asking for trouble.
Well yeah, I know what you mean!
But I did try to keep the list short and clean.. anyway it doesn't need to be strictly like that. I wrote that just to show you what I mean by "FM contest"

:love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIn-n2ebENo

Bass presets from Zebra.

Perhaps we summit 1 bass preset and 1 ARP Bass preset.

One week to go...

Any more suggestions for the next contest?

I've just received a pm from someone who presumably doesn't have Zebra, asking where Zebralette can be had from.

Does anyone know whether it comes as part of the Zebra demo?

hakey wrote:I've just received a pm from someone who presumably doesn't have Zebra, asking where Zebralette can be had from.

Does anyone know whether it comes as part of the Zebra demo?
Yes it does as the demo is the same as the full version apart from the fast that you register the demo for it to become the full version.

^Thought that would be the case.

Thanks

Return to “u-he”