Tyrell N6 - 1978 skin (Updated for V3.0)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone gotten any of these skins to work on MacOS? From what I can tell, the descriptions, below, aren't accurate. When I open the .component or .vst plugin and look in the Components/Resources folder, all I see is the TyrellN6.rsrc file. There are no "Images" or "Scripts" or "Fonts" folders to replace. Adding them from the downloaded skins folder has no effect. Thanks.

Kent
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:…if anyone knows the mac location, please let us know...thanks
It's dead simple.

1) Unzip the TyrellN6-1978Skin.zip that you downloaded.

2) Open the resulting Data folder. It contains three subfolders: Fonts, Images and Scripts.

3) Now, locate the TyrellN6.component plug in, in your Components folder.

4) Here is the trick: control-click (right-click) the TyrellN6.component and select Show Package Contents from the contextual pop-up menu. This will open a folder with a subfolder named Contents. Open it to reveal the various stuff that makes up the TyrellN6 structure, i. a. a folder named Resources.

5) Open the Resources folder. You will recognise the names of the two folders - Images and Scripts.

6) Drag the three folders from TyrellN6-1978Skin Data folder into the Resources folder. Click Yes when asked if you want to replace the contents.

7) IMPORTANT! Don't delete the two files (AUCarbonUI.bundle and TyrellN6.rsrc) from the Resources folder!

8 ) You should now have replaced the Images and Scripts folders and, in addition, see the Fonts folder, too. The two files from 7) should still be there!

9) Close up everything and enjoy the new skin.

The procedure is the same for the Mac VST plug in. And it is advisable to make a copy of the original Resources folder, just in case…

HTH,

Joachim
many thanks for the clear explanation :D

kkalnasy wrote:Has anyone gotten any of these skins to work on MacOS? From what I can tell, the descriptions, below, aren't accurate. When I open the .component or .vst plugin and look in the Components/Resources folder, all I see is the TyrellN6.rsrc file. There are no "Images" or "Scripts" or "Fonts" folders to replace. Adding them from the downloaded skins folder has no effect. Thanks.

Kent
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:…if anyone knows the mac location, please let us know...thanks
It's dead simple.

1) Unzip the TyrellN6-1978Skin.zip that you downloaded.

2) Open the resulting Data folder. It contains three subfolders: Fonts, Images and Scripts.

3) Now, locate the TyrellN6.component plug in, in your Components folder.

4) Here is the trick: control-click (right-click) the TyrellN6.component and select Show Package Contents from the contextual pop-up menu. This will open a folder with a subfolder named Contents. Open it to reveal the various stuff that makes up the TyrellN6 structure, i. a. a folder named Resources.

5) Open the Resources folder. You will recognise the names of the two folders - Images and Scripts.

6) Drag the three folders from TyrellN6-1978Skin Data folder into the Resources folder. Click Yes when asked if you want to replace the contents.

7) IMPORTANT! Don't delete the two files (AUCarbonUI.bundle and TyrellN6.rsrc) from the Resources folder!

8 ) You should now have replaced the Images and Scripts folders and, in addition, see the Fonts folder, too. The two files from 7) should still be there!

9) Close up everything and enjoy the new skin.

The procedure is the same for the Mac VST plug in. And it is advisable to make a copy of the original Resources folder, just in case…

HTH,

Joachim
many thanks for the clear explanation :D
The description is accurate, at least for OS 10.6.8. I wrote it, it works for me and I just rechecked.

However, perhaps some files and folders are invisible in Lion or Mountain Lion? I wouldn't know, because for audio, I'm staying with Snow Leopard for the time being.

Perhaps somebody with the later system versions might chip in here?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

On my MBP running OS X 10.8.3, TyrellN6's Images and Scripts folders are located here:

Code: Select all

/Library/Application\ Support/u-he/TyrellN6

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
That's it! Putting the folders here works. Thanks so much!
Ch00rD wrote:On my MBP running OS X 10.8.3, TyrellN6's Images and Scripts folders are located here:

Code: Select all (#)

/Library/Application\ Support/u-he/TyrellN6

Will these skins work with version 3?

Yep.

Great - thanks, ED!

Very nice job. Thank you.

Great skin for a very underrated synth.

Would love to see an update for V3. Although I can use the skin, the footer part with the chorus is missing on the GUI.
electronic music and sounddesign - http://www.marcoscherer.de

Is this the case with the skin for v2?

Yes, I installed the 2.0 skin

OK, thanks for the info. I'll give my best to update the skin shortly.

That'd be awesome!

Can you check these:
Red text
White text

I didn't do much, just some text alignement, because I can actually see the chorus section.
Let me know how it looks on your computer.
Last edited by Branis on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “u-he”