Tyrell-N6 v2 80s skin (update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The knobs aren't really working, but the skin is very nice.

nBeat wrote:Image

Tyrell-NS6 80s Theme for version 1

Tyrell-NS6 80s Theme for version 2

Cheers
Jorgen
... Any chance of an update for v3? Pretty, please.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

It works in v3 no problem. (Or the latest Tyrell build broke something, haven't installed that yet)

Not for me - how did you do it?

Just one example - the Detune knob and Transpose control at the top are now on the left of the preset panel
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Not for me - how did you do it?

Just one example - the Detune knob and Transpose control at the top are now on the left of the preset panel
I just copied over the folders from the zip in the data directory of Tyrell. Nothing special.
Detune and transpose is still on the right with this skin.

Just tested both download locations (the one in first post and the one on Patchlib) and both work fine.

Ah ha, you copied over all the files in the Data folder. This might explain it: the installed TyrellN6default.txt file references a TyrellN6_v3.txt file which is different from theTyrellN6.txt used by v2.

I wonder if your approach loses any recent functionality.
Inspired by ...

v3 and v2 are pretty much the same, only the default GUI changed...

Anyways, having v2 skin here it works on v3 too, I just put it in Support/Themes folder.

xgctuhyjcvjhkvyhuli
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote:v3 and v2 are pretty much the same, only the default GUI changed...

Anyways, having v2 skin here it works on v3 too, I just put it in Support/Themes folder.
Tried that - no luck, TyrellN6 still tried to open a skin from the Data folder. And I could not find anywhere to (right-)click to get a choice of themes. Could you describe the steps to take? (Other than the brute force "overwrite the Data folder contents completely with the v2 Data folder contents".)
Inspired by ...

Thank you, I'll give that a go.
Inspired by ...

i dont understand how you actually change the skin...lo, sorry im bad with computers

anyone?
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

Tyrell-N6 v2 80s skin no longer works with newer builds of tyrell ?... :(
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:Tyrell-N6 v2 80s skin no longer works with newer builds of tyrell ?... :(
Skins have to be installed as Themes now. There'll be some information on how to do that, once we're ready with the update.

Nice man thank you, been missing my Juno-6 badly and this make's me feel a bit better :)
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Return to “u-he”