Diva mini-Patchbank Contest: Results

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hakey wrote:
mcnoone wrote:It's your opinion that it's "mean spirited"...not mine.
Yep, my opinion - it was a cheap shot which, as it was apparently provoked by praise for someone else's sound design, rather looks like a little fit of envy.
Well then what's your excuse?
As all of your posts on this page (and quite a number of other ones on kvr) are much more mean spirited than anything I may have said.
Mean spirited as in trying to belittle and be demeaning toward, not only me, as usual, but others as well.

I can admit to being a shmuck sometimes, and a bit nutty other times.
But I believe your still in the denial phase.

btw...I do like the Food set a lot, I just don't gush all over sounds or the designer like there gonna save the world or something, as you do.
And no one designer is in a class by themselves.
We all belong to the human class, so start acting like it.

As well, you could stop twisting what I stated around, to fit that of what you only are seeing in yourself.

mcnoone wrote:Mean spirited as in trying to belittle and be demeaning toward, not only me, as usual
For a good long time now, probably over a year, I've made a point to be courteous in any dealings I've had with you or to otherwise try to avoid any criticism or conflict. You haven't reciprocated - in fact you've used every opportunity to get in sly digs and side swipes at my expense.

So it seemed like whatever I did, things aren't going to change, so what's the point in me trying?
I just don't gush all over sounds or the designer like there gonna save the world or something, as you do.

I said a patch was lovely, big deal. It's hardly gushing.
no one designer is in a class by themselves
Opinions, apparently were all allowed them. (The one I expressed some time ago and that has recently appeared in resurrected poll, is just that - a subjective opinion, not directed at you and not anything you should take personally.)

Well then better to just drop it.
Conflict of interests, or whatever.

mc, I apologise for the above unprovoked snipes (from "a bit silly..." onwards) and any patronising or peevishness on my part in the past.

I'll try to avoid any recurrence in the future.

xh3rv wrote:I usually look at FX as suggestions, and generally turn them off & replace if I'm sure I'm using a sound - I guess really this just sounds better to me in most cases.
+1

I have to add that mostly fx don't bother me as long as I know where to turn them off.

Anyhow, in my experience fx like chorus, flanger etc. rather survive the tweaking as reverbs & delays...

hakey wrote:mc, I apologise for the above unprovoked snipes (from "a bit silly..." onwards) and any patronising or peevishness on my part in the past.

:tu: Respect for that!

Edit: Wrong Thread :oops:
Last edited by Bronto Scorpio on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

hakey wrote:mc, I apologise for the above unprovoked snipes (from "a bit silly..." onwards) and any patronising or peevishness on my part in the past.
Well I apologize too for the rude words I stated.
It's really all just verbal sparring, which is a popular pastime for many cultures/places/people around the world, including my own.
Might be with family, or more likely with friends at the pub.
Then it's over, and business as usual, left to be better forgotten.
No grudges held thereafter...usually.
I think it's normal, and a good way to express our strong opinions...but unfortunately doesn't translate so well with a forum environment.
With more misunderstanding coming from the lack of expressions of that which can not be translated well over the internet.
Although a verbal sparring website, complete with cartoon character facial and hand expressions, might not be a bad idea...hmmm I wonder. :idea:

@ mc 8)

...and thanks a lot hakey for the Diva mini bank.
All of them are very well done, and had a lot of fun going through them.

Thanks. :)

Thought you bank was pretty decent too - one patch even made it into the shortlist I posted earlier.

...and thanks a lot hakey for the Diva mini bank.
All of them are very well done, and had a lot of fun going through them.
Yes, same here! I got lost with Aquarium and Funk. hakey, I hope you decide to offer these up again as motivation for voters during the next contest too. :)

bmrzycki wrote:I hope you decide to offer these up again as motivation for voters during the next contest too. :)
Could do. ;)

Shall we have a discussion about the next contest?

My suggestion, a freestyle Tyrell 2.0 patch contest, but with a twist: the patch description should include a link to a web page, eg wikipedia, youtube, a Google Earth location etc, which must have some connection to the patch. Relevance, ingenuity, humour will be taken into account during judging.

^ hey cool, sounds like fun! :)

Return to “u-he”