08/21/12 NEW Rev 903: Diva 1.1.1, Zebra 2.5.4

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JeeTee wrote:
Fritze wrote:
JeeTee wrote:
JeeTee wrote:Problems here with Zebra 2.5.4. Seems to be controller related - I have cntrl 7 assigned to Zebra's output volume. 3 Zebras in the project, and the third instance crashes Cubase whenever I use an external controller to manipulate the output volume.

Tried this with Zebra 2.5.2 - it's fine.

Here's the Cubase Project, created with Cubase SX 3.1.1.4.

http://guytheaker.com/Zeb_Crash.cpr

Of course, this might be user error. Can anyone confirm?

Cheers,
JeeTee
OK - I think I understand what's going on here -

Zebra 2.5.2
Send midi channel in Cubase/ Receives midi data in Zebra
1-16/ Yes
ALL/ Yes

Zebra 2.5.4
Send midi channel in Cubase/ Receives midi data in Zebra
1 & 2/ Yes
3/ Scaled by half, or crashes Cubase
4-16/ No
ALL/ Yes

Hope this makes sense...

Cheers
HiJeeTee,

well, I do have Cubase 6.5.1 here and it doesn't crash here. :!: :?: :!:
Fair enough - I'm fairly sure Cubase 6.5.1 handles virtual instruments differently to 3.1.1.4, not sure if that would make a difference. Should Zebra receive data on all midi channels? Also, it seems midiunlearn doesn't work in the latest version. :?: :!: Very weird!
I've just done a clean re-install of Zebra 2.5.4. There is definitely something not right with Zebra's handling of midi messages and midilearn/unlearn on my system, and the results I tabled above change over time...!!!
Not sure what else to do - I'm rolling back to 2.5.2. Thanks for checking this Fritze.

Cheers,
JeeTee

Kees49 wrote:This version behaves better CPU wise, but I still got glitches when releasing the keys with a certain sound I like very much. It's a trance sound which uses Voices = 16, Stack = 6. The Asio performance meter shows 58.8% when I press two keys. When I release the keys, I here a glitch.
Uh, that is odd.

Can you send a project including that particular sound to support ... u-he com?

Cheers,
- Clemens

I sent the .h2p file to urs@u-he.com, subject: 'for Clemens'.

What happened to the font in Zebra 2.5.4? Its all washed out... where can I upload a bmp? Image

Will check that tomorrow, Niijaooh! Sorry for having missed this ...

Hello
I would like to know why i have many cracks (creaks) every 25s on DIVA (on all versions) even when if I'm not playing midi note and have not others sounds.
:x
I precise that I own an original version of the software.

multisca wrote:Hello
I would like to know why i have many cracks (creaks) every 25s on DIVA (on all versions) even when if I'm not playing midi note and have not others sounds.
Log into the u-he support site and request your key for Diva. You may need a new serial number for the latest version. If that does not work the appropriate path to support is to email "anybody [at] u-he [dot] com" and tell them your problem.

bmrzycki wrote:
multisca wrote:Hello
Log into the u-he support site and request your key for Diva. You may need a new serial number for the latest version. If that does not work the appropriate path to support is to email "anybody [at] u-he [dot] com" and tell them your problem.
Where put this key on DIVA, nothing is asked during install ? :help:

multisca wrote:Where put this key on DIVA, nothing is asked during install ? :help:
Diva Manual - Troubleshooting Section wrote:intermittent crackling sound
That's Diva's (only) demo restriction. To purchase a license, go here and click on the shopping cart symbol. If you already own a license, right-click on Diva's data display and select "enter registration code".

bmrzycki wrote:
multisca wrote:Where put this key on DIVA, nothing is asked during install ? :help:
Diva Manual - Troubleshooting Section wrote:intermittent crackling sound
That's Diva's (only) demo restriction. To purchase a license, go here and click on the shopping cart symbol. If you already own a license, right-click on Diva's data display and select "enter registration code".
I understand 1 thing.

I must click with the RIGHT button of the mouse on the centered display of patches.

It wasn't clear on the email :
"To enter your registration codes, open DIVA in your plugin host software and click on the big edit display at the top. A menu will open up, select "enter registeration codes". A small window will appear asking for your codes:"

The big edit display is in fact the preset display (and not the U-HE or DIVA name on the screen.
Poor Boy lol :hihi: :-o

Scratching my bald head here...where can I find the downloader for the HZ version? Can't find anything in the support area.

Lusha wrote:Scratching my bald head here...where can I find the downloader for the HZ version? Can't find anything in the support area.
From what I understand it's supposed to be here: http://www.u-he.com/cms/uhesupport
You should login and it should be there. If it's not then send an email to "anybody [at] u-he [dot] com".

Soooooooo don't mean to hassle (again) but any chance of an ACE beta sometime soon?

Uhm, support requests need to go to

support at u-he dot com

This checks it into our ticket system whereas the old anybody address is merely defunct :oops:

mustgroove wrote:Soooooooo don't mean to hassle (again) but any chance of an ACE beta sometime soon?
Yep, chances rise significantly after Clemens and I are back from vacation. So it won't happen before October. But if we're ambitious enough we'll firstly add three more modulation outlets and multicore support 8)

Return to “u-he”