08/21/12 NEW Rev 903: Diva 1.1.1, Zebra 2.5.4

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

As announced, here are some anxiously awaited maintenance updates for public testing:

PC:
http://www.u-he.com/downloads/Zebra/Zebra903Win.zip
http://www.u-he.com/downloads/Diva/Diva903Win.zip

Mac:
http://www.u-he.com/downloads/Zebra/Zebra903Mac.zip
http://www.u-he.com/downloads/Diva/Diva903Mac.zip

Most prominent fixes/solutions are

- no sound on projects larger than 2 GB
- installers signed for MacOS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Once these things are confirmed, we'll start updating everything else.

Owners of ZebraHZ who want to give these things a try, contact support at u-he dot com (preferredly from Monday... we're in need of a weekend) and we'll try to set you up quickly!

Thanks,

;) Urs

Rev 903
- fixed Zebra's hanging notes during preset changes
- Junk and Favourites-files understand windows-style line breaks
- mac installer doesn't set execution flag on preset files...
- fixed .TUNe-file related crashes
- fixed Diva-Crash / silent voices bug on cutoff-tweaking

Rev 871
- fixed some preset names
- fixed some installer scripts (please check that you can install properly on any mac system... gah.)
- includes fixes for reason stuff
- Installers (Mac) delete files before new ones are installed,
- Mac-Installers don't ask to install "for all users" anymore,
- Diva-Tunemod bug fixed ("Zero Vibrato + quantize" modulation problem)
- Zebrify Mono/Left/Right modes work again,
- Keyboard-Input works better
- Crash bug win-xp (could have happened in any windows os),
- Wrong signatures for Zebra2/Diva (HZ was okay),
- Installers showed ????? when data was a shortcut (also zebra & diva but not hz),
- Mac installers install correctly without deleting the old component first
- Saved Text appears in Windows VST dialogs,
- Symbolic links can't create endless loops anymore,
- Win64 doesn't produce silent synths in huge projects anymore,
- small stuff everywhere...
Last edited by Urs on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cool :)

EDIT: deleted question about midi handling ... see http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=357418 instead

Enjoy your weekends guys!
Last edited by nschmidt-dd on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Groovy :D

Zebra installed nicely on mountain lion and working fine in ableton 8.3.3 :D

Urs wrote:
Owners of ZebraHZ who want to give these things a try, contact support at u-he dot com (preferredly from Monday... we're in need of a weekend) and we'll try to set you up quickly!
By this do you mean to say DO NOT try and install this if you have ZebraHZ?

Because I just did, and it removed the ZebraHZ AU. I found a way to reinstate it - delete the component and reinstall Dark Zebra 2.5.3 but obviously that returns me to 2.5.3

I'm on Mac 10.6.8 btw.

Well, obviously, the Dark Zebra installer replaces Zebra. But also vice versa. Which, for the AU means that ZHZ gets lost if Zebra is installed over The Dark Zebra.

We would have loved to add ZebraHZ to this public beta, but for that we would have needed to give it its own demo mode and all that stuff.

Hence, any owner of TDZ who wants to try ZebraHZ 2.5.4 can get obtain a download link via support at u-he dot com, preferredly Monday to Friday, as this might clog up our ticket system.

I'd like to know how the "Key Control" works. I see knobs get a circle around them, and I can move the circle with arrows, but I can't do anything else. I tried using +/-, PgUp/Dn for changing the knob value, or something to reset the knob to its default value, but came up with nothing. Is this how this feature is supposed to be used?

(BTW - I can also select patch selection panes for keyboard use - it doesn't look nice that way honestly. Perhaps some UI elements might be excluded from this feature?)

Also - I didn't notice that keyboard shortcuts are working again for the GUI editor, but I know it's not a priority really. I'd really love to get to know how to use it, .txt editing sucks balls. :)

(How can I increase the thickness and color of this keyboard control circle? :))

EvilDragon wrote:I'd like to know how the "Key Control" works.
It is a "beta feature", i.e. somethimg we need to improve upon.

+ and - should work, as should typing 37.21 followed by return.

For Mod sources you can type "L" for LfoG1 or "L2" for Lfo2. You can also type "Lfo3", but you really only need the letters that are unique or come first within he name of the Modulator.

Agreed though, the focus ring should be thicker in Zebra and some controls should be excluded.

I can tell you that nothing you said works in Reaper x64 4.25 on W7 x64 (even when "Send all keyboard input to plugin" is enabled). Also, it seems that modulation amount knobs which aren't assigned yet ("...") are not reachable by keyboard input at all (they are simply skipped to the next control). So, probably needs a fix :) (Could it be the case because I'm not using an English keyboard here, but Croatian instead?)

EvilDragon wrote:I can tell you that nothing you said works in Reaper x64 4.25 on W7 x64 (even when "Send all keyboard input to plugin" is enabled). Also, it seems that modulation amount knobs which aren't assigned yet ("...") are not reachable by keyboard input at all (they are simply skipped to the next control). So, probably needs a fix :) (Could it be the case because I'm not using an English keyboard here, but Croatian instead?)
Hmmm, should be regardless of keyboard. I'll check it out.

... knobs are omitted by purpose. They have no effect unless a modulator is chosen.

Urs wrote:... knobs are omitted by purpose. They have no effect unless a modulator is chosen.
Would be nice if we could change their mod assignment, and then their amount, by keyboard, though.

Urs wrote:
Hence, any owner of TDZ who wants to try ZebraHZ 2.5.4 can get obtain a download link via support at u-he dot com, preferredly Monday to Friday, as this might clog up our ticket system.
OK and that will install without deleting Zebra 2 I hope?! ;)

EvilDragon wrote:
Urs wrote:... knobs are omitted by purpose. They have no effect unless a modulator is chosen.
Would be nice if we could change their mod assignment, and then their amount, by keyboard, though.
Yes, but we would need to omitt platform specific menus for this. That may take well over a month to implement, and for that I think key input is a way too unimportant feature.

I think we're going to take it out. Seems to be too buggy and too unimportant atm :-|

secretkillerofnames wrote:
Urs wrote:
OK and that will install without deleting Zebra 2 I hope?! ;)
Just like the normal installer for TDZ, it comes with Zebra2 and ZebraHZ...

Alright then. Shame, I thought it could be useful at times. :)

Here's one thing that's not quite related to this version, but it sorta irks me a bit. Let's say I have some effects loaded, say the init patch has a delay and a reverb, with reverb disabled. If I double-click the reverb, its pane shows up and enables the effect, this is ok. If I refresh the skin, the pane goes back to delay! Wouldn't it make more sense if this was remembered between skin changes? Same goes for autoscroll/selected on top features for left and right sections of the Synthesis pane - they reset to autoscroll when skin is changed/reloaded (and the current vertical scroll position is also reset to the very top).

But what's more - when I remove ALL effects, the pane of the last shown effect is still shown, which doesn't make any sense at all... The effect pane should be empty then, no?

Also, I'm really really missing a keyboard modifier for "remove module". Something like Alt/Opt+click on the module. Ctrl/Cmd+click on the module could cycle between input 1/2/3/4/same, and Shift+click on the module could cycle between sidechain 1/2/3/4. Is this complicated to add?

Return to “u-he”