U-he Drum Machine

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nilhartman wrote:
Urs wrote: - Hive One
:?:

Never heard of that one !!
We're not talking much about it because otherwise we'd be flooded with questions.

Whatever it is, I may end buying/loving it anyway haha ;)
I just hope/wish it´s a synth !
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow nice looking! :clap: :party: :hyper:

It won't look much like that. This is just a quick render with our built-in drawing functions. We now have a proper full-time graphics artist who will create something much nicer looking ;)

Ok then.. bring it on,ok? :D

Suloo wrote:Ok then.. bring it on,ok? :D
Bazille First!! :x :x :x

:hihi: :P :hihi:

pdxindy wrote:
Suloo wrote:Ok then.. bring it on,ok? :D
Bazille First!! :x :x :x

:hihi: :P :hihi:
Yes please ! Quite soon IIRC, right ?

I came across some posts here and there about Hive One, is it still supposed to be a super-saw synth ? I bet it won't be a one trick pony, but still am curious.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Kind of confused. If hive one is a supersaw...wouldn't it be the same as diva's supersaw oscillator? Trying to figure out what it has that diva doesn't.

-Sam

It wouldn't be Diva's supersaw. It's different.

With a layout like that, it's ideal for learners, so it will probably be inexpensive to draw in the crowd, I could imagine...

Unless all the magic is happening on the Sound page
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

masterhiggins wrote:Kind of confused. If hive one is a supersaw...wouldn't it be the same as diva's supersaw oscillator? Trying to figure out what it has that diva doesn't.

-Sam
Anything in Diva has pretty direct hardware ancestry. Diva's supersaw is the original Roland sound. I think we can reasonably refer to a lot of techniques for detuning, spreading, modulating, or otherwise super-izing a wave of arbitrary shape as 'supersaw' these days. It's proven to be fertile ground technically and musically, especially when rigorously realized.

I read Urs wanting this one to fly under the radar as a suggestion to be patient while that gradual process plays out ... trying to un-see it :hihi:

any news here maybe? :)

Suloo wrote:any news here maybe? :)
Lots of ideas had piles up, some probably about to materialize, but none of these should leave the inner circle at the moment. We're currently doing research and experiments on something where we don't know yet whether it is realizable in practice or just an academic play.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

masterhiggins wrote:So the options for a built in sampler are as follows:

1). Drum synth with a shitty sampler
2). Drum synth with a good sampler, but with a convoluted design to cater to everyone's last wish.
3). Drum synth with no sampler.
Personally I'd vote for 3.
pdxindy wrote:I'd vote for 3 as well...

I have no need for yet another drum sampler... gimme synthesis baby!
Looking back to some of the early posts on this thread, made me even more exciting with the upcoming Electribe sampler with it's Zen looking design. It has a sampler and a synth engine based on King Korg which is good enough for most percussion needs. Plus filter, compression, overdrive and ifx for each part. Should be happy by sampling Bazille, ACE, Zebra and Diva for now. The Kaoss Pad feature which will support audio in and other functions is a big plus. Plan to use both new Electribe as a pair, one more dedicated for the synth engine (since the non sampler has more type of filters) and one for samples.
bronxsound wrote:Is there any actual need for another drum machine?
with Ableton integration and portability, for me is a yes :)
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Return to “u-he”