Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

3ee wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Z3 feature suggestion... delay parameter for the global LFO's
instead, replace the 2 gLFOs with regular LFOs and give all mono/poly and restart phase options or something..
That's rather it.

Actually, we might just drop the global ones and keep it at 4 universal LFOs. There'll be more means to do LFO-stuff 8)

How about a cotninous slope for 6/12/18/24/+ db filter,
and continuous Q for resonance in XMF filter,
and continous LP/BP/HP mode.

Then we could free up a lot in the drop down list.

My longtime wish: a few more softer kind of resonance type, (like 12db LP)
and would be the best with continuous Q. Would be great to change the Q with the right mouse button like in the EQ window.

All my other wishes already answered :)

will zebra 3 get some gui reworks?

one thing i appreciate on paper is the scaling options though in practice it doesn't look too great when zoomed.

AFAIK, Zebra3 is a completely new synth, which will work side by side with Zebra2 and not replace it...

- Mario

mihai wrote:will zebra 3 get some gui reworks?

one thing i appreciate on paper is the scaling options though in practice it doesn't look too great when zoomed.
This is going to be addressed. I've already built half of whatever I need from Photoshop into our UI framework and a nano sized 3D raytracer. At some point this will pre-render images in any size desired, and our vector based ui objects will get a "tangible" touch.

Provided we don't need two years or more to fulfill all intrigueing feature requests :oops:

Urs wrote:
mihai wrote:will zebra 3 get some gui reworks?

This is going to be addressed. I've already built half of whatever I need from Photoshop into our UI framework and a nano sized 3D raytracer. At some point this will pre-render images in any size desired, and our vector based ui objects will get a "tangible" touch.

Provided we don't need two years or more to fulfill all intrigueing feature requests :oops:
is it done yet??? omg, how long do we have to wait???/ :cry:

Until it's done (TM).

EvilDragon wrote:Until it's done (TM).
Until it is done! (TM) 8)
..the gravity of the situation doesn't allow contractions.
Urs wrote:Provided we don't need two years or more to fulfill all intrigueing feature requests
Yeah, don't worry, I have a year old txt file that's getting rewritten for presentation from time to time! :D
..relax, they are mostly simple upgrade suggestions rather than new features reqs. ;)

What can we expect from Zebra3 better sound more analog or fatter better filter or what? Would be fun with a little supersaw hypersaw sound.
What do you think Urs. :love:

You can already have a fat supersaw sound. Just use the "eleven" mode for the oscillator. And you can do that with any waveform you draw yourself.

There's going to be loads of new things. We will unveil them on the way, but no single module has been rewritten or developed to its final stage yet. Thus we won't show or say anything, since we want to avoid disappointment if something does not pan out as we expect once it's finished.

One novel module might actually be so powerful, we might want to release it as a separate plug-in beforehand. This is what I'm concentrating on right after all bugfixes from our public betas are in place.

As of now I can't imagine Z3 shaping up this year (2013) anymore. The required work on the gui framework is massive, and that's before the actual design process. I'm not too scared of the dsp work, but the overall design of features and workflow is a frightening task.

Will Z2 ultimately benefit from the new GUI framework, and if yes, will that need redoing the already existing GUIs?

EvilDragon wrote:Will Z2 ultimately benefit from the new GUI framework, and if yes, will that need redoing the already existing GUIs?
Partly yes, partly no.

The framework won't be rewritten from scratch. Instead I'm adding some nice things, such as a renderer for module backgrounds, compressed high-resolution filmstrips for faster loading and less blurry resizing, more flexible vector objects (2d+3d) with more flexible gradient/texture filling.

My biggest hope however is to resolve the font issue. Relying on system fonts has been a nightmare sometimes, and rendering them on different platforms is a gamble. We're going to license some great fonts that we'll encapsulate right into the framework, with a rendering engine that's identical on MacOS X, Windows and whatever platform we might support at some point.

All these things will be backwards compatible, i.e. old skins will open just fine. The font rendering and graphics resize might look slightly different (for the better, I hope) but all in all it's going to be the same.

Thanks for the (as always) elaborate reply, Urs! :)

Before all that, it would be nice to have the skin editor mode documented fully, with all the labs and whatnot, though. *hint hint* ;) I'm still very very lost there, so I end up manually editing the .txt :(

EvilDragon wrote:Thanks for the (as always) elaborate reply, Urs! :)

Before all that, it would be nice to have the skin editor mode documented fully, with all the labs and whatnot, though. *hint hint* ;) I'm still very very lost there, so I end up manually editing the .txt :(
Before *that* we need to make the skin editor work fully on Windows... it's lacking a lot of functionality there because the key commands just don't work properly... :oops:

Return to “u-he”