Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Do a search on u-he forum...

EvilDragon wrote:Do a search on u-he forum...

Thank you so much for your help.

tonkatodd wrote:What's Hive One?
It's a relatively simple synth: 2 osc, 2 filter, 2 lfo design. It's meant to be a more immediate and less gear-tweaky synth from u-he. The core design came about from Urs investigating the infamous roland supersaw digital waveform from the JP-8X synths. Here's a mock-up of an early internal design. Urs has said this isn't the final design and it's possible the features will change too:

There is no pricing, no release date, and no set of fixed features at this time. Hope that helps!

Hmmm looks interesting. Thank you very much for this.

after seeing HIVE ONE, sleep will be very hard........eheheehheheh

simply amazing .......

date of release??

I need to save the bucks for this new U-he gem... ehehheeheheeheh

Thanks to bmrzycki for the screenshot..

Rob

hehehe, it'll look completely different though... this one is not nearly there ;)

please don't make it all modular (how many people actually use something like Reaktor?) or completely different from Zebra 2. I am trying to master Zebra 2 and will be pissed if Zebra 3 is changed to a point where I can't recognize it.

I also second for an initialize button! :)

SynthVirusFreak wrote:please don't make it all modular (how many people actually use something like Reaktor?) or completely different from Zebra 2. I am trying to master Zebra 2 and will be pissed if Zebra 3 is changed to a point where I can't recognize it.

I also second for an initialize button! :)
We're actually leaving it as is, but we are incorporating some new ideas we had. It's going to get *better*, not stranger or worse or complicated.

Hello,

will be it possible to load zebra2 patches in zebra3 ?
(Once made in Zebra2, then load in zebra3?)

best regards

Parts of it will work, but not all. Zebra 3 is going to be a quite different beast to Zebra 2. This is why Zebra 2 will remain supported for time to come, and Zebra 3 will not overwrite Zebra 2, but installed alongside.

I have searched hither and thither, but no concrete answers found to the following:

I love Zebra 2 - my favourite synth. Last night I downloaded Diva's demo. The sound/timbre, especially exemplified in the patch "HS All Processors", is GORGEOUS. Warm, fat, tight, not too digital and bright, just...wow. This is the sound I crave. Lovely bottom end.

Zebra 2 can get close, but not as warm. Or rather - I don't know how. I know they won't turn Zebra 3 into ZiVa 3, so I ask you all this - how can I get close to this beautiful timbre with Zebra 2? Will the Dark Zebra addon provide me with this, as it has Diva filters? And what exactly does that mean in this case - "Diva filters"?

I need Zebra's modular nature but with Diva's sound basically. The dream.

EDIT: I suppose once a track is all layered and mixed, I will hardly hear the difference though, between a similar patch in Zebra and Diva.

Multi-core mode in Zebra 3 ? I still get issues with Zebra 2 on some patches.
:borg:

tedlogan wrote:I need Zebra's modular nature but with Diva's sound basically. The dream.
Yes.

I'm sure Zebra3 will have more means to add character than Zebra2 currently has. While we have no plans to add "authentic emulations" of distant hardware, we have big plans for very powerful and well sounding modules that are just as good.

:D I already knew this, just great to hear it over and over again!!! :D

Wonderful! Thanks for replying Urs.

Return to “u-he”