Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

tehlord wrote:
Urs wrote:
tehlord wrote:I may well be willing to pay extra for an 'init' button :hug:
Will try my best - it *is* something I've been thinking about :)

One million sound designers shouted a loud hooray.

In detuned unison.
+2
(There, I threw in my two cents)

:lol:

Some features I would LOVE to have in Zebra!

1. Sync speed for phaser, triggered by gate
2. 8 voices option for the oscillators (makes it easier to copy sylenth1 patches).
3. A better reverb unit
4. Frequency readouts on the filters and and EQ (using ones ears is great, but I'm a numbers guy, I would love to have the numbers as well).
5. Unison for FMO output
6. A more intuitive arp section
7. Multiband distortion, maybe 3 adjustable bands. I have fabfilter saturn doing this for me, but I really would love to have that in a way in Zebra in order to make my sound designs exclusively within the synth, and rather have my other plugins for mixing.
8. An XY-pad where I can assign effects and draw in how I want the the movement to go.

And of course, thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this synth in the first place. Been using it for a year, producing trance, and the workflow is fantastic!

Al X wrote:Some features I would LOVE to have in Zebra!

1. Sync speed for phaser, triggered by gate
2. 8 voices option for the oscillators (makes it easier to copy sylenth1 patches).
3. A better reverb unit
4. Frequency readouts on the filters and and EQ (using ones ears is great, but I'm a numbers guy, I would love to have the numbers as well).
5. Unison for FMO output
6. A more intuitive arp section
7. Multiband distortion, maybe 3 adjustable bands. I have fabfilter saturn doing this for me, but I really would love to have that in a way in Zebra in order to make my sound designs exclusively within the synth, and rather have my other plugins for mixing.
8. An XY-pad where I can assign effects and draw in how I want the the movement to go.

And of course, thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this synth in the first place. Been using it for a year, producing trance, and the workflow is fantastic!
Some good ideas there.

Only point 4 and 5 are not yet on my list, and possibly a bit difficult to achieve... not sure... The XY-pad is still a bit of an open question in regards to what we can do - there's more feature requests in that area than we can fulfill, and some are mutually exclusive.

We'll see... better reverb, distortion (maybe multiband, yes), more flexible oscillator stacking, yes, all in!

i have a lot of plugins, but have narrowed my 'essential set' down to about 6 or so. zebra has made it's place at the forefront of that set; it's seriously versatile, fun to work with, and completely stable.

so...six months since your first post. am SO ready for Z3... bring it on....

Will Z3 support Note Expression in VST3?
/E

VST3 is supported by (KVR sig <= 255 characters): Check my Steinberg sig

Forgive me if these have been addressed - I didn't see it offhand. I would like to see...

* Custom wavetables for FMOs. Draw your own!

* FMO self-modulation simultaneous with input modulation.

* Improved x4 / x11 (aka supersaw) osc modes. While I adore Z2 and use it all the time, I find Z2 unison saws compared to something like Sylenth1 sound somewhat overly bassy and phasy, and not smooth / crisp. Hard to describe but the difference is fairly apparent.

* Improved spectrum editing for waveforms, ie. the ability to zoom and edit more precisely.

* I'm sure Urs has already spoken of this, but improved distortion models would be great.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

guys i have read the last few pages looking what will change on the osc section of Z3 ? i was wondering if a more analog sounding osc will appear ?

about features would love to see new saturator module but i guess it s on the list already..also lofi digital module with sample rate reducer and bit reducer settings.

Fxs as module for routing these in the synth path (eq after osc, chorus ect..)

Fred_Abstract wrote:guys i have read the last few pages looking what will change on the osc section of Z3 ? i was wondering if a more analog sounding osc will appear ?
The most important thing about analogue oscillators is "no aliasing", with whatever modulation is applied. After that comes a certain degree of random detuning. Then comes the right amount and style of glide followed by free runningness… Everything else really is about the parts that follow, most prominently the filters and the junctions between modules.

As I always say, Moog and Roland sussed oscillators out very well. Their raw signal has been absolutely perfect since mid 70ies. Their main issue were slow effects, such as tuning problems due to humidity and temperature.

That said, I'm convinced that Zebra3 will offer a fair bit of analogue sound, albeit no specific flavour. Like Satin it'll contain a construction kit for many flavours of analogue.
about features would love to see new saturator module but i guess it s on the list already..also lofi digital module with sample rate reducer and bit reducer settings.
But of course!
Fxs as module for routing these in the synth path (eq after osc, chorus ect..)
Yes and no. I've mentioned the Multiscene Filter somewhere. This is going to be one of the major new modules, available in both voice and fx Grids. It provides for equalisation, resonation, modal synthesis, formant shaping, wah wah and similar filtering.

A per-voice chorus may be possible with the new Comb filter modules, not sure.

Thanks Urs for the detailed post, looking forward to it :D

Just wanted to add another suggestion to my early posts:

I hope for more osc types, stacking + unison stereo and detune control,
can't wait to trash sylenth1;

a mac user.

i want zebra3 now! gimme gimme gimme!

Well, you can't have it. :D

Urs said "That said, I'm convinced that Zebra3 will offer a fair bit of analogue sound, albeit no specific flavour. Like Satin it'll contain a construction kit for many flavours of analogue. "

Really? Zebra is going to sound more analogue? It's already amazing.

EvilDragon wrote:Well, you can't have it. :D
hater!

Hey, I'd like it as much as you... but man's gotta be patient. It probably won't happen this year.

Return to “u-he”