Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Okay... I would like to ask some Z3 request. (May I?)
1. Flexible Super/hypersaw oscillator (7 and 9 voices, visual realisation)
2. EQ window with zoom (like ModMap has), various EQ modes - analog phase, linear phase..etc, internal spectrum analyzer (+zoom), 512-1024-2k-4k-8k-16k modes, time settings,...etc)
3. Vocoder (please!)
4. Multiband Compressor. Signal splizer.
5. Sampler OSC (to do not use an external Wav2Zebra crappy stuff) - you just drag and drop one cycle of waveform, Zebra analyze and resynthesize it using harmonic content and phase shift, using SpectraBlend mode (like Image Line Harmor can do - fantastic!).
6. Simple sampler with start, end, loop points.. you know.
7. Overdrive unit (Clipper, Rectifier, WaveShape, various Distortion types)
8, Punch Control like Virus has (1 sample impulse)
9. Separate independent LFO's phases for each voice.
10. Global unison, Stereo Spread.
11. 8 or 16 one-parameters macroses (not XY, just 1-parameter, like NI Massive has)
12. FM synthesis router, i.e. OSC1 modulate OSC2 (SidChain connector or a kind of. or do this like RingMod module... anyway, a good thing is if any OSC can modulate another OSC)
13. Mid/Side mode in "Mix" module.

Thank you!

are you joking? it s a synth not a daw :D

Fred_Abstract wrote:are you joking? it s a synth not a daw :D
Actually I am serious. It is just a request for most useful and unique features. And if you have to say something in the context of this you can do it.

There's nothing unique about those features.

Urs said that Zebra won't feature sampler mode.

There's already distortion module in Z2. "Punch" control is achieved when "Smooth attacks" is disabled. FM synthesis router is completely unnecessary because you can route FMOs in the grid however you want. You can get multiband compression by preceding the comp with an EQ, I guess. These things are all already possible in Zebra.

EvilDragon wrote:FM synthesis router is completely unnecessary because you can route FMOs in the grid however you want.
I would like to use more than 8 FMO waveforms, you know. What about triangle, uh? Your advise is to use LFO modulation of OSC tune? Haha. Not funny.
To use 6 modules for 1 multiband (2 filters, MMix1, MMix2, 2 compressors?) haha. Not funny again. BTW multiband already released with Zebrify.
Thank you for the advise about "Punch". I will try this, Now I use shortest MSEG decay to modulate volume, but it is not very ergonomic ATM.
Free LFO phases to each OSC voice please! It's free when you modulate XMF cutoff offset, but what about OSC voices? Thank you.
Last edited by serhiy06 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

8 FM operators is pretty much enough IMHO. Anything above that is starting to get way out of hand. Sorry, but I'll disagree on increasing the amount of FM operators. It's just enough as it is in Z2 right now.

EvilDragon wrote:8 FM operators is pretty much enough IMHO. Anything above that is starting to get way out of hand. Sorry, but I'll disagree on increasing the amount of FM operators. It's just enough as it is in Z2 right now.
All I want is FMO route (OSC1...OSCn to OSC2...OSC3...OSCn) in FMO advanced mode submenu, you can do not open it. You will be disagree but I think I am not one only who wants more FM functions.

BTW

And I would like to see an white noise as modulation source for FM. To get Nord Lead-like sounds. For example: White noise modulate a pulse wave. Simple. Now it is impossible (because FMO does not have a square as waveform lol)
And don't you want, guys?
Last edited by serhiy06 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can use Noise oscillator before FMO, and set FMO to "FM by input". There you go.

FMO might get waveforms in Z3, though. I don't remember if Urs said anything about that.

EvilDragon wrote:You can use Noise oscillator before FMO, and set FMO to "FM by input". There you go.

FMO might get waveforms in Z3, though. I don't remember if Urs said anything about that.
Yes I can. But in fact, at the moment Zebra2 does not have a simple square waveform, Triangle, Sawtooth, Pulses,...etc etc.
Okay. Looking forward to Urs will released a waveforms/wavetables support in Z3.

serhiy06 wrote:And I would like to see an white noise as modulation source for FM. (next post)...in fact, at the moment Zebra2 does not have a simple square waveform, Triangle, Sawtooth, Pulses,...etc etc.
Okay. Looking forward to Urs will released a waveforms/wavetables support in Z3.
Huh? Zebra2 has all those. I suggest you stop asking for more without being aware of what you already have!

I think he means those waveforms within the FMO, Howie. Like, the carrier waveforms. FMO is only a sine.

EvilDragon wrote:I think he means those waveforms within the FMO, Howie. Like, the carrier waveforms. FMO is only a sine.
You got 8 waveforms that roughly resemble the TX81z ones...

I think Z3 will have some great additions though ;)

Aha, right, the "more FMO" tab. I forgot! :)

Howard wrote:Huh? Zebra2 has all those. I suggest you stop asking for more without being aware of what you already have!
Of course, I mean a waveforms as a carrier (Generator), sorry. At the moment is 8 waveforms in more FMO. Excuse my English, but you could be more polite, there is nothing to be irritated.. Thank you.

And by the way, I have real TX81Z, so 8 waveforms in zebra is not enough for me.
Urs wrote:I think Z3 will have some great additions though ;)
It's a great news. Thanks for the attention to the issue.
Last edited by serhiy06 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “u-he”