Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

TrueAndFalse wrote:Thank you for the info. I don't find it myself in this long thread.
page one, first post :D

Yep you are right ;-) I've searched only some sites backwards.

Suloo wrote:
zethus909 wrote: I still dont really know how to implement the MSEGs yet......i just started using modmapper and understanding it.....how does MSEG work with the arp.....is there secret things? I still dont understand the differences between the MSEGs and i honestly dont even use it...i guess i havent taken the time to learn what is actually possible...i know theres 4 of the them...but ....like u can draw a modmapper increment setting of a a long curve, the same as with MSEG....i just dont know what MSEG does that makes it different than the other stuff
maybe read about them in the manual, they are basically modulation sources wich can be drawn to your likening.
wow thanks for the incredibly helpful response!
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

i know that was sarcastic, but did you actualy read the manual? Anyway, i'll try to explain a little.
zethus909 wrote:I still dont understand the differences between the MSEGs
What do you mean? Difference between what? There are 4 MSEGS, they all do the same thing.

Do you know what an ADSR envelope is? An MSEG is the same, just that you can draw your own shape, and multi stage, because you can add multiple stages of the envelope. Not just ADSR but ABCDEFG... As much as you can fit in there..

Then you got your individual shape to modulate whatever you want. Check the picture below. In Zebra you got a lot of these empty knobs, where you can chosse the modulation source. So in this case i show in the picture that i modulate the filter cutoff with that rising MSEG. Just try it and you'll understand i think.

Also there is no relation to the ARP actualy.

But you can do ARP style sounds when you use for example square shapes in that MSEG and modulate the pitch and cutoffor Amp Envelope Gain with it.

Thats it basically, the other controls are for finetuning everything.

Hope that helped a little.

Here is the pic:

I may have mentioned it before. But it would be great to be able to be able to age up wavetables in a similar manner to some of the 80s hybrid synths. Since those old synths didn't push their filters too hard, what's standing in the way of Zebra from doing reasonably faithful emulations of them?

Suloo wrote:
One could argue that everything in Zebra is related in some aspect, or at least in certain contexts.

For example, when Zebra is in arp mode and your MSEGs are in poly mode, each step of the sequencer will reset the MSEG. If in single mode, the MSEG will play through independent of the steps. This is important, and can drastically change patches' sound.

ah ok, nice!

tedlogan wrote:
Suloo wrote:
One could argue that everything in Zebra is related in some aspect, or at least in certain contexts.

For example, when Zebra is in arp mode and your MSEGs are in poly mode, each step of the sequencer will reset the MSEG. If in single mode, the MSEG will play through independent of the steps. This is important, and can drastically change patches' sound.
oh yea and the other thing i want to be able to map and control (that you cant right now) is the swing rate.....you can map the swing amount...but not the rate itself
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

zethus909 wrote:oh yea and the other thing i want to be able to map and control (that you cant right now) is the swing rate.....you can map the swing amount...but not the rate itself
Works here. Mac or PC, which version / skin?
(I'm assuming you mean the swing "base" parameter)

Howard wrote:
zethus909 wrote:oh yea and the other thing i want to be able to map and control (that you cant right now) is the swing rate.....you can map the swing amount...but not the rate itself
Works here. Mac or PC, which version / skin?
(I'm assuming you mean the swing "base" parameter)
actually i forgot, sorry i cant map the swing generator knob either...not directly by clicking on configure in ableton.....to map that to a Ableton macro knob i have to assign it to an XY knob..then i map the XY knob to ableton.....but the swing rates i cant map the to anything.....

im using windows 10 with the normal skin
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

Ah... I thought you meant MIDI-learn within Zebra

So is this far away from now to Zebra 3 realise?
https://слово-божье.рф

I'm hyped! I just hope I'll be able to snag Z2 & Zhz before Z3 so Ill have them all :D Will there be any upgrades in regards to FM and layering? I really like the layering in Dune2 for deep/complex sounds. Im envisioning an even bigger patch grid in the middle with maybe 6 columns.. Too much?

Howard wrote:Ah... I thought you meant MIDI-learn within Zebra
I do like the way you set up the performance knobs though thats genius. Because this way you can assign all the xy to the macro knobs in ableton...and then every different patch you make in zebra you have different performance functions for each xy knob...so you change patches in zebra, but the control is always the same in ableton...and you just have to choose how you want to patch up the performance knobs in zebra...
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

zethus909 wrote:
Howard wrote:Ah... I thought you meant MIDI-learn within Zebra
I do like the way you set up the performance knobs though thats genius. Because this way you can assign all the xy to the macro knobs in ableton...and then every different patch you make in zebra you have different performance functions for each xy knob...so you change patches in zebra, but the control is always the same in ableton...and you just have to choose how you want to patch up the performance knobs in zebra... 8)
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

Return to “u-he”