Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Thanks for the update, Urs. And nice to see you interviewed by Sonicstate... Happy Friday the 13th.

I expect that I now after more than 3 1/2 Years, may be disappointed by U-he and Zebra! :x
Unfortunately, your care for things, that only least interest like Hive, Pro One, Bazille, etc.
Zebra is the only right way, so look Reactor 6 and Softube Modular! The people want this one. Diva sounds great, everything else is 08/15 and not inspirational!

lol

MickMack7 wrote:I expect that I now after more than 3 1/2 Years, may be disappointed by U-he and Zebra! :x
Unfortunately, your care for things, that only least interest like Hive, Pro One, Bazille, etc.
Zebra is the only right way, so look Reactor 6 and Softube Modular! The people want this one. Diva sounds great, everything else is 08/15 and not inspirational!
:hihi:

MickMack7 wrote:I expect that I now after more than 3 1/2 Years, may be disappointed by U-he and Zebra! :x
Too bad for you. Bazille is one of the most impressive, fun, creative synths i have ever used... hardware or software. Hive is super fast and easy for lots of basic sounds. Pro One is special. Zebra 2 as it is is still one of the best synths you can buy.

So much inspiration to be had with the U-he stuff.

With all that U-He have done with filters since Zebra 2 was released, I feel like Zebra 3 should aim to sonically outdo big bastard hybrid synths like the Prophet 12 or Waldorf Wave :o

Not the best presentation on thoughts. But I am also curious that this thread started 3.5yrs ago.
Re-Pro Alpha was done for filter algorithm research, which is great, but we were so stupid or deaf and basicly picked the cheapest or the most broken filter algorithm as best and U-He still just uses the most expensive one for their product, which is great, but kinda shows that we are being spoiled. At the same time, Synthmaster got now improved filters and Serum has such a great interface (Yeah, I know it's much less simpler than Zebra). I am also curious, if the concepts and filter algorithms leave time to create an improved GUI. I think a visual GUI like in Serum is a standard now.
Repro-1 can't really be a sales booster as a monophonic analog emulation, so I hope everything works out good for U-He and Zebra3 will some day be finalized. 2018?

That sounds a bit harsh but of course i respect your opinion. But it could also be a user fault :D
I find the U-he synths always inspiring. My favourite is ACE and Zebra HZ.
I also would like to see finally a Zebra 3 instead of any other tools or researching years of other things to find out that the crowd seems happy with the crappy filter algorithms :hihi:
Still not sure what to think about RePro thing. (i find f.e. the dagger synth filter much more interesting).
But maybe it´s better if all takes time until crowd will wining because Zebra 3 doesn´t have this and that and whatever..... i mean i´m sure i will miss something :lol:
UI wise plugmon shows how Zebra 3 should look.
I just hope we see Zebra 3 at least in 2017. And don´t forgot to make an iPad version as well!

Cinebient wrote: UI wise plugmon shows how Zebra 3 should look.
im not sure. yes, modulation source and destination is real clear to use with plugmon and lot of things are more easier to understand, but i like the aesthetics of the original skin. but would be cool if MSEG are easier to draw (sorta like serum lfos and envs), also would be cool if some menus that use dropdown (like osc fx) is just scrollable so you could audition quickly (like with arrows), envelopes could be more visual aswell, also arp/sec is kinda overly complicated visually. i don't know, i like the original skin. it could just be higher rez at the moment.

andresnol wrote:
Cinebient wrote: UI wise plugmon shows how Zebra 3 should look.
im not sure. yes, modulation source and destination is real clear to use with plugmon and lot of things are more easier to understand, but i like the aesthetics of the original skin. but would be cool if MSEG are easier to draw (sorta like serum lfos and envs), also would be cool if some menus that use dropdown (like osc fx) is just scrollable so you could audition quickly (like with arrows), envelopes could be more visual aswell, also arp/sec is kinda overly complicated visually. i don't know, i like the original skin. it could just be higher rez at the moment.
I also not sure with that. Plugmon skin does give a new life, but it makes to use synth a bit more dificult as the UI looks quite overwhelhming. There is just too much stuff on the screen. At first it looked nice for me personaly, i bought it but in reality default Dark Horse skin seem to give smoother workflow.

I personaly like alot Hive's UI and the simplicity resembles a bit to Zebra, because of how clear you can see where is wich module. Im sure coating like Hives would suit well zebra.

Best of two worlds - Zebra 3 is getting the UI made by U-he and Plugmon updates his skin to ver3 :)

Dam plugmon still not hit 500 sales yet I want the more collums version :)

I can't remember if it ever came up but was there a possibility of having a granular module in Zebra 3? With the modularity of Zebra it seems the perfect place to put a granular osc. If you did do one, I hope you'd do one with a multi-grain stream mode like padshop and falcon and with a nice window of the waveform. I could do away with some other synths if Zebra had nice granular functions!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I can't remember if it ever came up but was there a possibility of having a granular module in Zebra 3? With the modularity of Zebra it seems the perfect place to put a granular osc. If you did do one, I hope you'd do one with a multi-grain stream mode like padshop and falcon and with a nice window of the waveform. I could do away with some other synths if Zebra had nice granular functions!
Unfortunately not :cry:

a little uhbik-g modul inside zebra3 would be nice.

Return to “u-he”