Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Yeap!
Life or Debt situation.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

At this rate, we wont be seeing Z3 before 2022!

Hi Urs and team,
I hope you won't mind a suggestion/request for the next revision of Zebra and future synths? It would be great to have an indicator of sorts to highlight which controls have been changed between the current patch compared to the init patch.

I'm an utter synth newb, and I'm learning how to build patches (I'm actually figuring this out on Diva and Repro1), and it takes a fair bit of time to figure out which controls were modified to create a particular patch. A visual way to quickly show what controls were modified could help a fair bit.

Thanks!

gallenwolf wrote:It would be great to have an indicator of sorts to highlight which controls have been changed between the current patch compared to the init patch.
It's the one thing I love most about the Virus - it shows you what a parameter was when you loaded the preset. I've been thinking about this a lot.

So yes, there's a very good chance we'll implement this. Not necessarily from the init patch, but from the patch that was loaded.

Hi Urs,

Just wanted to know if Zebra3 will have improved timing? When rendering a 'tb303 style' 16th note sequence (init preset, phase reset on), the timing of the notes is slightly offset from the grid. When there's a couple of those sequences playing together at a fast bpm, things start to sound wobbly & phasey... Other synths (Sylenth and Dune for example) all render perfectly to the grid.

Cheers, Sam

SamDN wrote:Hi Urs,

Just wanted to know if Zebra3 will have improved timing? When rendering a 'tb303 style' 16th note sequence (init preset, phase reset on), the timing of the notes is slightly offset from the grid. When there's a couple of those sequences playing together at a fast bpm, things start to sound wobbly & phasey... Other synths (Sylenth and Dune for example) all render perfectly to the grid.

Cheers, Sam
I think it's known as "flam bug", which is related to voice stealing. It's on top of the list.

Ok, thanks! Also, a 'free running' mode for the oscillators (like the flow mode in Hive) would be great...

SamDN wrote:Ok, thanks! Also, a 'free running' mode for the oscillators (like the flow mode in Hive) would be great...
Yes, definitely. I think for pretty much all our future synths we'll have true mono modes where the voice will process continuously.

Urs do we remain without a gift for the New Year holidays and will not see Zebra3?
Live and learn forever!

I've been following the posts on this particular forum for over four years. The impression I'm getting is that Zebra 3 is not very high on the u-he priority list. And, given the number of patch libraries that sound designers keep releasing for Zebra 2, it appears that those folks don't expect Zebra 3 to show up any time soon either. However it is kind of fun watching the u-he folks try and keep up the enthusiasm for an update that is this long in the making.
Rainguitar is a writer and musician living in Sherwood Park, Alberta. He is known by his pseudonym "T.K. Boomer" which he uses to write science fiction. Music production is a hobby.

Well, we also had an unfortunate sequence of events. We spent the better part of a year fixing accidents (Presswerk crossplatform issue...). We spent another six months or so fixing a bunch of stupid issues (multithreading woes... we're pretty much free of these now). Another one on plug-in formats (RE, VST3, VST3 again, NKS). Inbetween we had to release some stuff to keep afloat (Hive, which started out as a weekend project, finish Bazille). Then Repro-1 came up as a project to train new employees, and to show myself that I can still do great filters. Inbetween we moved offices, deployed new project management software and grew from 3 people to 15.

In other words, it's been much of a rollercoaster ride. Hope that's done now :tantrum:

Wow! That's a lot of stuff to deal with. Here's the thing. I use Zebra 2.5 as my go to synth. It's a great product. And I have Uhbik and Bazille as well so I am a fan of u-he. And the very fact that you responded to my gibe tells me you guys are worth every bit of my loyalty. A lot of companies wouldn't. But just so you know. I am still waiting for Zebra 3. :-)
Rainguitar is a writer and musician living in Sherwood Park, Alberta. He is known by his pseudonym "T.K. Boomer" which he uses to write science fiction. Music production is a hobby.

I can wait for Zebra3, as I still have plenty to explore in Zebra2. It's so much fun... it just needs a fresh coat of paint!

Urs wrote:Well, we also had an unfortunate sequence of events. We spent the better part of a year fixing accidents (Presswerk crossplatform issue...). We spent another six months or so fixing a bunch of stupid issues (multithreading woes... we're pretty much free of these now). Another one on plug-in formats (RE, VST3, VST3 again, NKS). Inbetween we had to release some stuff to keep afloat (Hive, which started out as a weekend project, finish Bazille). Then Repro-1 came up as a project to train new employees, and to show myself that I can still do great filters. Inbetween we moved offices, deployed new project management software and grew from 3 people to 15.

In other words, it's been much of a rollercoaster ride. Hope that's done now :tantrum:
Indeed that was quite a busy period :)

Im myself happy with Z2, no need yet for Z3. Just i want some proper cosmetic changes for Z2 to see :X

So what do you think now? 3, 6 months ? 6 more years?

Return to “u-he”