Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

j'adore :love:

Seriously. Not just the Gui stylings, (which is awesome!) but the bounty of new stuff your teasing in that pic.
After plenty of other tidbits that have been dropped in this thread, none of these things have even been mentioned!? I sure don't remember reading about scanners, and vector modulators? Scopes? Multi Scene Filters!
Z3 is starting to look like its going to give my modular a bit of competition!
:borg: :tu:
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Lets see...it looks like the Multi Scene Filter has pole D selected with the Resonator from HZ (but without the last full-range filter). So you can select any filter for each pole on the table (A,B,C,D)...then select your points (1,2,3...) on the table to morph between filter types. Each morph movement lasts 1 pulse of the time-base selected. It seems you can select something other than Time for the base...and that can be modulated by whatever is selected in the box next to it... 8)

I wonder how you change or select the yellow dot between points 2 and 3 in the MSF and 4-In-1 Vector. What does that do? Hehe

In the Scope there is like L1,L2,L3,L4 and Master...so 5 different scopes. :o

In the 2-In-1 Scanner can you make the white dot spin around like in a tumble dryer? Put it on spin-cycle :ud:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

None of these modules have been developed yet. They're just based on some doodles I scanned from my scratch pad.

The idea about the MultiScene Filter is that you have 4 independent settings of, say, a ZebraHZ-style resonator with 3 (or 4, dunno) bands each, and a vector control to move between them. Much like Filterscape's morphing EQ, but with a vector control instead of a snapshot dial.

Sounds yummy. :love:

Of the three D-PAD styles I vote for the 2nd one. :tu:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

I think there might have been some discussion about this earlier. I would love automatically generated MIDI control source info in the "Usage" window. Man, that would save SO much time. I could spend less time cataloging modulation assignments and more time making patches :)

Urs wrote:None of these modules have been developed yet. They're just based on some doodles I scanned from my scratch pad.

The idea about the MultiScene Filter is that you have 4 independent settings of, say, a ZebraHZ-style resonator with 3 (or 4, dunno) bands each, and a vector control to move between them. Much like Filterscape's morphing EQ, but with a vector control instead of a snapshot dial.
Doesn't that make for a lot of work between now and April next year?
I'm sure you know what you're doing, Urs. I would have thought though that all major new features / enhancements would already be well under way - without scope for pondering and developing such completely new additions at this late stage in the timeframe.
Very happy to be wrong of course! I'm hanging out for Zebra3 as much as anyone.

No-one said it would be easy, but the conceptual work is often more time consuming than the actual implementation.

stepBacker wrote: Doesn't that make for a lot of work between now and April next year?
I'm sure you know what you're doing, Urs. I would have thought though that all major new features / enhancements would already be well under way - without scope for pondering and developing such completely new additions at this late stage in the timeframe.
Very happy to be wrong of course! I'm hanging out for Zebra3 as much as anyone.
What are you doing mate, keeping the man from Z3?!
Back ta work, Urs! *cracks whip* :lol:

The patches from Zebra2 should not be compatible with Zebra3? Is the correct and if so will there be a way to convert?
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

PietW. wrote:The patches from Zebra2 should not be compatible with Zebra3? Is the correct and if so will there be a way to convert?
Been answered several times over. Zebra3 will do things differently than Zebra2, so Zebra2 patches will not be compatible with Zebra3. But when Zebra3 comes around, Zebra2 will still remain an active, available, supported product, so you can just continue to use your Zebra2 patches in the synth they were meant to be used in.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

If ever I'm feeling down... I come and read this thread.
So nice to have something so cool to look forward to.
Meanwhile - Zebra2 xD

Also I'm having a blast with my (newly acquired) Korg Wavestation hardware at the moment, so its great to see in those mockups that vector/joystick/sequencing of some description is being thought of!

Urs wrote:None of these modules have been developed yet. They're just based on some doodles I scanned from my scratch pad.

As long as it works per voice i will be happy.

and supports VpC

@urs; so when the word "mature" gets used, what are we talking - the maturing of a mayfly or the maturing of a redwood? :ud:

^ LOL XD

Return to “u-he”