^

vvilms wrote:
padillac wrote:More modulators never hurt anybody
^
^^

vvilms wrote:
^
Ive got this annoying pinch on my back after Steve Duda added 4 more LFOs to Serum :lol:

Elektronisch wrote:
vvilms wrote:
^
Ive got this annoying pinch on my back after Steve Duda added 4 more LFOs to Serum :lol:
You should be careful, they usually grow and lead to spontaneous self-oscillation syndrome.

But btw. if somebody would make a synth with modulators that hurt, I would instantly buy it.

Zebra obviously already has more than enough modulation options, perhaps some people just have too much free time and not enough drive for results.
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

aumordia wrote:Zebra obviously already has more than enough modulation options...
Then you’r in business.
aumordia wrote:...
perhaps some people just have too much free time and not enough drive for results.
Seems you have some left to make sermons.
Last edited by nordickvr on Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Makes me wonder how many LFO's a synth should have to satisfy people and how all those LFO's would be used to make better sounds? :D
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:Makes me wonder how many LFO's a synth should have to satisfy people and how all those LFO's would be used to make better sounds? :D
You need one LFO per automatable parameter... per voice. So approximately 467829873492 LFOs. Anything less is just slacking and inexcusable.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

ATN69 wrote:Makes me wonder how many LFO's a synth should have to satisfy people and how all those LFO's would be used to make better sounds? :D
Lfo number is actually very useful for sequence/movement/full loop patches (eg dubstep).

Zebra is a UI/workflow concept in the first place. It's good for a certain degree of patch complexity, but as soon as you add more than 8 or so modules on each side, it slows down. That's why the modules are made to cover a lot of mileage, and also why we encourage to reuse modulators whenever possible.

My recent endeavours in modular synthesis confront me with the same problem all the time. This is an important experience for me, and I'm sure we'll see one concept or another in Zebra which gets even more mileage out of even fewer modules.

Indeed, but this problem is more common on the generator/filter side as these modules have about twice the height than an envelope or a LFO. Would it be possible to make Zebra resizable in height? So people can gain more height to avoid/reduce this problem?

Btw. I don't think having more modulators means using more modules. To me it means using the "right" tools for the job instead of using a MSEG inplace of a missing ENV. Well for MSEG that would indeed free some space, but this is a special case.
Last edited by jme-audio on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
You need one LFO per automatable parameter... per voice. So approximately 467829873492 LFOs. Anything less is just slacking and inexcusable.
Sounds like it's not LFO you need but UFO :hihi:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Elektronisch wrote:
Lfo number is actually very useful for sequence/movement/full loop patches (eg dubstep).
I agree that LFO's are very useful but in many synths you could use the same LFO to control several parameters. Normally you want everything to be in sync anyway, and the way I see it the only benefit using several different would be that you can control the waveform for each LFO separately. I am not a dub step guy so I guess I don't have your problems.

ATN69 wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
I agree that LFO's are very useful but in many synths you could use the same LFO to control several parameters. Normally you want everything to be in sync anyway, and the way I see it the only benefit using several different would be that you can control the waveform for each LFO separately. I am not a dub step guy so I guess I don't have your problems.
The multiple outputs on the Bazille LFO's are so useful. One LFO is multiple LFO's!!

pdxindy wrote:The multiple outputs on the Bazille LFO's are so useful. One LFO is multiple LFO's!!
So true, but possible source of complications in hindsight of Zebra. I do have the possibility of this on my check list.

Return to “u-he”