Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
tasmaniandevil
KVRian

502 posts since 22 Mar, 2005, from Germany

Postby tasmaniandevil; Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:52 pm Re: Zebra3 Info

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Oh, and one more Z3 feature request: more Undo steps please!

I rarely use the Undo/Redo functionality in any other U-he synths, but Zebra has me hitting the undo button constantly after I realize that where I was 5 minutes sounded better than where I ended up. I've run out of Undo steps a few times already.

Yes, true, might be a good idea to have some more undo steps, I'll add an improvement request ticket to our database.
In the meantime, this is a case where the new "auto versioning" preference comes in handy. If it is enabled, each time you save a preset, it will add a counter number to the preset name. So you can quickly save multiple versions of your preset while tweaking and refining the sound.
pdxindy
KVRAF

13700 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:27 pm Re: Zebra3 Info

tasmaniandevil wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Oh, and one more Z3 feature request: more Undo steps please!

I rarely use the Undo/Redo functionality in any other U-he synths, but Zebra has me hitting the undo button constantly after I realize that where I was 5 minutes sounded better than where I ended up. I've run out of Undo steps a few times already.

Yes, true, might be a good idea to have some more undo steps, I'll add an improvement request ticket to our database.
In the meantime, this is a case where the new "auto versioning" preference comes in handy. If it is enabled, each time you save a preset, it will add a counter number to the preset name. So you can quickly save multiple versions of your preset while tweaking and refining the sound.

One of the things I have wanted for Zebra is a snapshot function as part of the X/Y pads. So I can save 4 or 8 variations of the X/Y pad states as part of the preset. That would make the X/Y pads more useful and also be capable as a kind of auto-versioning too.
clangorous
KVRist

247 posts since 12 Nov, 2013, from Charlotte, North Carolina

Postby clangorous; Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:17 pm Re: Zebra3 Info

pdxindy wrote:
One of the things I have wanted for Zebra is a snapshot function as part of the X/Y pads. So I can save 4 or 8 variations of the X/Y pad states as part of the preset. That would make the X/Y pads more useful and also be capable as a kind of auto-versioning too.

This would be a nice feature for designing sounds!
DrFolder
KVRist

73 posts since 4 Feb, 2015

Postby DrFolder; Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:26 pm Re: Zebra3 Info

clangorous wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

+1 :)
kokotte
KVRian

698 posts since 17 Sep, 2014

Postby kokotte; Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:49 pm Re: Zebra3 Info

DrFolder wrote:
clangorous wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

+1 :)

+2
mrj1nx
KVRist

281 posts since 29 Nov, 2015

Postby mrj1nx; Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:46 am Re: Zebra3 Info

So, a question for Urs (I don't remember if this has been discussed already), I got to thinking after playing a bit with Repro, the filter is just amazing sounding. So I got to thinking about Z3 and what kind of filters we might find in there. Zebra 2 obviously has quite a lot of them. Do you want to say anything about the plan for filters in Zebra 3? And will they build on what you learned with Repro?
Urs
u-he

22355 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:30 am Re: Zebra3 Info

mrj1nx wrote:So, a question for Urs (I don't remember if this has been discussed already), I got to thinking after playing a bit with Repro, the filter is just amazing sounding. So I got to thinking about Z3 and what kind of filters we might find in there. Zebra 2 obviously has quite a lot of them. Do you want to say anything about the plan for filters in Zebra 3? And will they build on what you learned with Repro?

We'll have a bit of a variety, but in a more organized scheme. We're planning a matrix where each row represents a filter topology and modeling method and each column represents the different filter types (LP/BP/HP...).

Repro's filters are of course way to CPU intensive for stereo operation. But that's also because of the extreme audio rate modulation - which isn't a necessity for Zebra. I've done a different topology (SEM) with the same method for Z3, and it seems quite fine.

I'm toying with the idea of adding indicators for CPU usage, and maybe enabling certain CPU intensive features by a button.
spacepluk
KVRist

43 posts since 23 Apr, 2006, from Tel Aviv

Postby spacepluk; Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:56 am Re: Zebra3 Info

Ok, I've decided that Lyrebird is my favourite delay of all time and I want to use it everywhere :)
Are there any plans to include it in Zebra 3 or maybe Diva?
Augren
KVRian

1181 posts since 8 May, 2003, from Munich

Postby Augren; Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:01 am Re: Zebra3 Info

Urs wrote:Repro's filters are of course way to CPU intensive for stereo operation. But that's also because of the extreme audio rate modulation - which isn't a necessity for Zebra. I've done a different topology (SEM) with the same method for Z3, and it seems quite fine.

I'm toying with the idea of adding indicators for CPU usage, and maybe enabling certain CPU intensive features by a button.

Please do. Making processing power available is much more affordable in time and money than the alternatives to get comparable sound, when that particular level of sound quality is the objective.

Having certain insane features (in terms of quality and resource-hunger) on a toggle might be a challenge for you on the marketing side (lots of people will not understand and consequently complain because they don't hear the difference and will just see the cpu load), but would allow for such awesome results that I for one will be happy to adjust my workflow around it (previewing in normal quality, recording in insane quality, freezing, whatnot - with outboard filters and other gear you do that anyway, and there you don't get per voice treatment).
Urs
u-he

22355 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:46 am Re: Zebra3 Info

spacepluk wrote:Ok, I've decided that Lyrebird is my favourite delay of all time and I want to use it everywhere :)

We're working on a separate fx plug-in...

Maybe.
spacepluk
KVRist

43 posts since 23 Apr, 2006, from Tel Aviv

Postby spacepluk; Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:44 am Re: Zebra3 Info

YES! :hyper:
Razzia
KVRist

112 posts since 21 May, 2016

Postby Razzia; Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:38 am Re: Zebra3 Info

Urs wrote:
spacepluk wrote:Ok, I've decided that Lyrebird is my favourite delay of all time and I want to use it everywhere :)

We're working on a separate fx plug-in...

Maybe.

I swear i will buy practically any repro/bazille/diva fx module or filter as an insert effect. Please take my money Urs.
Sound Author
KVRian

572 posts since 8 Mar, 2008, from Crestview, Florida

Postby Sound Author; Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:29 pm Re: Zebra3 Info

Urs wrote:

We're working on a separate fx plug-in.

Yes please and thank you! :hyper:
kj.metissage
KVRist

270 posts since 20 Feb, 2014, from Paris - FRANCE

Postby kj.metissage; Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:25 am Re: Zebra3 Info

Is Velvet also going to be its own effect plugin ?

PS : Sorry that's in Repro, but still.
PS2 : Yes, I own Satin.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16763 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:59 am Re: Zebra3 Info

Velvet IS Satin. A cut-back version. So in essence, you already have it.
PreviousNext

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he