Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Howard wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:If you do go with a list view, please also sort the items in the view and don't display empty slots for unused parameters. One of the downfalls of the Omnisphere Modulation Zoom/Matrix is that pages 1 and 2 may not have any modulations, but I may have some on page 3. Never want that happen.
+1
+1 also. I don't know how feasible it is but I'd really love to see a "smart" modulation tab that listed all direct and indirect modulation source/destinations. Bonus points if there's a [+] to add an indirect (modmatrix) modulation from this screen. I think comprehending all modulation mappings is the hardest part of deciphering a Zebra2 patch today.
Feel free to call me Brian.

Here's actually something. I'm sure Zebra3 will have a certain amount of wavetable synthesis built in with the ability to import wavetables like how Zebra2 with the wavtozebra tool. This has been something I honestly never really had much pleasure in doing. I'm likely to just use the built-in wavetables that Zebra3 comes with (partially because I'm not that big into sound-design and partially because I've learned that you're not going to get a 1:1 getting single-shot waveforms or wavetables from some old vintage synth and plugging them into a modern soft-synth because the filters and whole engine is different), but is importing wavetables or anything to Z3 going to be easier than it is now with Zebra2?

Shiek927 wrote:is importing wavetables or anything to Z3 going to be easier than it is now with Zebra2?
Yes

Urs wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:is importing wavetables or anything to Z3 going to be easier than it is now with Zebra2?
Yes
Here's a thought which may interest you:
In Surge (yep, i still use this), i can load waveforms of (i think) unlimited size, as long as it's a multiple of the size of a single cycle. So if a single cycle is 1048, you can load a vocal sample which is 32 or 64 times that length, and have a waveform that actually sounds like a vocal sample when you scan through it.
Would be a nice little touch for the synth to end all synths

_al_ wrote:Here's a thought which may interest you:
In Surge (yep, i still use this), i can load waveforms of (i think) unlimited size, as long as it's a multiple of the size of a single cycle. So if a single cycle is 1048, you can load a vocal sample which is 32 or 64 times that length, and have a waveform that actually sounds like a vocal sample when you scan through it.
Would be a nice little touch for the synth to end all synths
Unlimited size would be overkill IMHO, but up to, say, 256 cycles might be useful. Especially if you prefer external editors like Xfer Serum or Synthtech WaveEdit:

http://synthtech.com/waveedit/

Urs wrote: Unlimited size would be overkill IMHO, but up to, say, 256 cycles might be useful. Especially if you prefer external editors like Xfer Serum or Synthtech WaveEdit:

http://synthtech.com/waveedit/
256 would still be awesome. And yeah i use soundforge. Only takes a few seconds to trim a sample down to an exact multiple.

5 years, 8 months, 22 days, and still waiting.

cis-didge wrote:5 years, 8 months, 22 days, and still waiting.
Come on, if you're going to be a douche, at least make it funny. Allow me ~

"Actually, we've started to work on Zebra3, that's true. Because we're not Apple and we're too excited to keep it a secret, we came up with a devlish incentive to still get Zebra2: 

5 years, 8 months, 22 days, and still waiting."

equinoxide wrote:Because we're not Apple and we're too excited to keep it a secret, we came up with a devlish incentive to still get Zebra2: 

If u-he was Apple, by now we’d have Zebra 5.8.22 with only things new over 2.0 being wavetables and presets synced to cloud, a flat GUI, and a new Animoji oscillator.

sircuit wrote:
equinoxide wrote:Because we're not Apple and we're too excited to keep it a secret, we came up with a devlish incentive to still get Zebra2: 

If u-he was Apple, by now we’d have Zebra 5.8.22 with only things new over 2.0 being wavetables and presets synced to cloud, a flat GUI, and a new Animoji oscillator.
And every major release would have cost $99 to upgrade (or just buy this nifty $290 hardware gizmo to run it and get the latest version “free”).
Feel free to call me Brian.

And every update would break existing presets.

5 years, 8 months, 23 days, and still waiting............................

Patience, young padawan, patience.

There is still a lot to discover in Zebra 2.

Zebra 3 is a big project, and it's far from being the only one U-He seems to be working on. I wouldn't expect anything before 2020 or something.

sircuit wrote:

Clearly someone hasn't seen the Logic updates

aMUSEd wrote:
sircuit wrote:

Clearly someone hasn't seen the Logic updates
Agreed. That's complete horseshit. I've never seen a more updated DAW (let alone free updates).

Return to “u-he”