Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

lalo wrote: Strange. For me does not work on Reaper. If i click on a knob and type i.e. 97 what i have is that in the Zebra display i see in turn "number 9" then "number 7" then hit enter and the knob is not set at 97 but remains at its original value.
BTW ooops i'm on my laptop so it's Win7 64bit (i was fooling myself supposing to be working on my desktop machine :-D )
Please note that this is an experimental feature, which is not "official" yet, since it's still work in progress.
If and how good it works depends on your host, and also on the plugin format you are using. There are differences between AU, VST2, and VST3 versions, e.g. in one format using decimal values works, in another one it won't work.
And as already mentioned, in some hosts typing in the numbers will control some host functions at the same time.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Urs wrote:I had actually read Valis around that time. If it is the inspiration, it's purely due to the Zebra principle.

My actual inspiration for the name stems from two much more trivial things:

a) The Zebra pattern resembles piano keys, but they look natural and organic rather than human made. Zebra was meant to become an "organic sounding" synth, which was a highly sought after buzzword back then.

b) There was a pun thread on KVR with lots of cliche German pronunciation puns, such as saying "ze" instead of "the". I contributed "ze bra" for its phonetic ambiguity to the thread. That was about two days or so before I decided to call my first polysynth that way rather than keep Zoyd, also because I wanted a different feature set.

So it might be related to the female body more so than to PKD whom I referenced a lot back then, alongside Thomas Pynchon.
Fascinating...
My alias comes directly from Vineland, which had a huge effect on me as a writer - at least to understand that, how much I love this kind of cross genre story I'll never be able to reach such an achievement. But it was liberating

Grizzellda wrote:In all seriousness, Urs, will it be a real product sometime in 2020?
Oh, c'mon...did you guys think I meant this in a smart ass way? Because I surely did not.

I'll try again, because this was not a silly question! :hihi: We could pause to consider that 2020 is not that far away at all. Also, I am gonna want to be getting this synthesizer, so I was simply and politely asking.

Delta Sign wrote:
lalo wrote:...i'm trying to emulate a 808/909 rimshot and its original t-bridged bandpass resonant filters
Playing A2 with this preset should get you a fairly close approximation of the 808 rimshot. It's definitely possible to get closer, but it's a starting point. The XY pads do some fun things by the way.
thanks for the hint!

Urs wrote:
lalo wrote:1. Type with computer keyboard exact values for knobs.
Open Zebra 2.8. Click any knob. Type 73.20 and hit enter. Works in almost all hosts except Logic (which wildly changes screensets).
And, sadly, doesn't work in Reaper either - Enter doesn't work and cannot add a decimal point (even with "Send all keyboard input to plugin" enabled). :(

Other plugins seem to handle this fine, I think they might be disguising OS-based text entry dialogs somehow. Perhaps try doing that instead? :)

Wow ! i buy Zebra while i was able , i must say i am very impressed ! This 2.8 version is amazing ! the new GUI is a new life for this synth.it sound amazing ! it is surely the last synth i buy...what else should i need ? the zebrify FX is just HEAVEN ! :o :clap:

hivkorn wrote:Wow ! i buy Zebra while i was able , i must say i am very impressed ! This 2.8 version is amazing ! the new GUI is a new life for this synth.it sound amazing ! it is surely the last synth i buy...what else should i need ? the zebrify FX is just HEAVEN ! :o :clap:
I also have much love for this product. :love:

This was last updated in 2012. Where is Zebra3?

Civa wrote:This was last updated in 2012.
What was?
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Civa wrote:Where is Zebra3?
Berlin

Benutzername wrote:
Civa wrote:Where is Zebra3?
Berlin

Hello there !

I'm a new user of Zebra 2 since few months and it became my main if not the only instrument I use for synthesis ! I love it !
Here is a simple proposal for the next version (sorry if already asked)
The possibility to have a multichannel system. For example, I used to route each part of a drum kit in Kontakt to a specific audio channel. Be able to route each lanes of zebra as we want could be very handy !

Dear U-he Team, Any plans to bring MPE optimization to Zebra 2.8 any time soon ? Cheers. BSH

Black Synth Hoodie wrote:Dear U-he Team, Any plans to bring MPE optimization to Zebra 2.8 any time soon ? Cheers. BSH
MPE in Zebra means redoing the entire voice structure, which is major surgery. So likely not for Z2, but instead will be done for Zebra 3. At least, that's what I recall being the answer when this was asked in the past.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Black Synth Hoodie wrote:Dear U-he Team, Any plans to bring MPE optimization to Zebra 2.8 any time soon ? Cheers. BSH
MPE in Zebra means redoing the entire voice structure, which is major surgery. So likely not for Z2, but instead will be done for Zebra 3. At least, that's what I recall being the answer when this was asked in the past.
That is correct!

Return to “u-he”