Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

any chance of a buchla style LPG module? I find LPGs go really well with complex oscillators (and zebra has those!)

I would like to see a built in 16 or 32 step sequencer with pattern banks that sits right next to the 4 X/Y pads.

Of course it won't happen, but I can dream.
:borg:

Z3 Request:

Advanced tools for spectrum editor and simple ones like invert or shift harmonics.

I Would also like some draw modes (the problem with adjusting single spectrum partials manually is precision, so i would like to have some lock button to edit one partial at the time - or even better some keyboard shortcut + LMB)

MitchK1989 wrote:any chance of a buchla style LPG module? I find LPGs go really well with complex oscillators (and zebra has those!)
Great suggestion! Nothing in the software world sounds quite like my Borg LPG.

Nice...is it gonna assimilate us??? ...futile...
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Feature Request:
Delay with Feedback path in FX grid.
3D MSEG
A life without a Modular is possible but pointless.

nativeVS wrote:3D MSEG
uhm, call me stupid, but what would be the third dimension beside amount and time? :oops:

Would really like to know what you have in mind, and what to use it for. :?:

Coorec wrote: uhm, call me stupid, but what would be the third dimension beside amount and time? :oops:
I'd think of having the same time intervals for 2 sets of level points (as in the Prophet VS), so that it is easier to re-create the movement on an XY pad; maybe just a time-link function between 2 MSEGs would work.

That's a 2D envelope, not 3D. :D

Why, a standard envelope is a 2D function, id est Level against Time

It's a one-dimensional result as it goes in only one direction through time (from left to right, let's say). A vector envelope like you're suggesting is going in two directions (left-right-up-down) which basically mimics the movement of the vector joystick. That's X and Y axes. Z is time.

Hey Urs. Do you have a little list for us what is on the feature list for Zebra 3? (User Requests which become real) ;) . This would be awesome to see what we can see in the future of Zebra ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Hehe, I'm currently working my ass off to prepare Bazille's release- I'm merely in lock-down-mode until it's done. There's dozens of hand written notes about Z3 features which I need to decipher one day.

We're still trying to figure out whether or not Zebra2 Oscs/MSEGs might be importable into Z3. If so then we can get pretty close to preset compatibility. That will then pave the way for many other decisions.

The main feature will be drag'n'drop compatibility/transformability between Oscs, MSEGs, ModMappers, LFOs and .wav files. Everything else is in flow.

"The main feature will be drag'n'drop compatibility/transformability between Oscs, MSEGs, ModMappers, LFOs and .wav files. Everything else is in flow."

:o .......AAAAAHHH!!!!!!

This is exactly what ive been dreaming of with Zebra!!!
Fantastamorgasmic!! :D :party: :pray:

Ps. Regarding presets. I dont own Zebra (yet, I have Diva and Ace so far) but I have had all the Viruses, the B, the C and since its release the Ti. One of the greatest and most serious fetures of the Virus line is the preset upwards compatibility. Ok it cant go downwards, but you can bring your presets from version to version year after year, and this has also (partly, they give a lot of pro presets for free) made the virus preset library the best and most hight quality imo of all synths, soft or hard.

I think you guys shold seriously consider it.

Sleepwalker wrote:I think you guys shold seriously consider it.
We do. However, we would love to get rid of some old baggage. Should we do preset import, it would replace old (*ancient* in plug-in terms) algorithms with their modern counterparts. Such that most presets would sound identical unless tried in an A/B situation while a bunch would sound a bit off (but they would hopefully still be recognizable). I guess it will mostly be sounds that are based on flaws and extreme settings that won't work, while anything bread'n'butter should sound just fine.

Return to “u-he”