Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

I wouldn't bother with preset compatibility much. Rather use that time to implement some asskicking features and algorithms! Does Zebra 2 import Zebra 1 presets, and if so, with what accuracy?

If you keep the Zebra 2 updated (just so it runs in the next OS versions like Windows 9 etc, and the future DAW versions) for a while in parallel with Zebra 3 I guess there will be no problem at all. People could use both versions.

I havent went through the preset libraries available as I have only demoed Zebra briefly, but I would guess there are loads of cool "accidental origin" created presets with a semi modular like this. It sort of invites to experiment, like any modular system. It would be sad to miss these presets, and it would be cool to bring as much as possible of it into version 3. Anyway my mind was probably on hardware (like Virus) as most do not tend to keep multiple versions of those. Come to think of it its zero problem keeping two software versions, especially when they are light weighted like Zebra. A whole different story with synths like the multi gigabyte Omnisphere. Wouldnt want multiple versions installed of that on my already cramed laptop ssd. Its so fat'n'ugly I dont even care to demo it. ;)

Ok, after second thoughts do it. You got my vote. :tu:

It would be cool to be able to import the presets from Zebra 2 to 3. Even if they did not sound exactly right one could tweak them in order to sound similar (and tweak them to sound different too :hihi: )

I have made a ton of presets for Zebra and i would like to see them in the 3rd version, since the 2nd version will eventually be unsupported one day.. :cry:

Just an import based on typical settings position (msgs, lfos, env, oscs, fx...) would render the sound very similar in settings to the original one.

Hmm not sure if this was requested or not, but what about a wavetable import option like Serum has.
:borg:

Wavetable import is already in Z2 and theres also a way to put samples in.

There are loads of wavetables presets in the user library as well. The import of Massive and Virus wavetables to Zebra, along wit its own and more, is why Z2 became my go to synth eventually.

I would not be concerned with Zebra 2 compatibility at all. But if they were compatible, I wouldn't mind if they sounded different - more presets...
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

I don't mind if you can't go backwards compatible with the presets, the thing i hate is if your changing any parameter the preset name disappears, it would be nice if it was always up on the display.
Facebook: https://www.facebook...98625/timeline/
Youtube Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/user/Wazatsc
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/warren-k-music
Latest Releases: https://pro.beatport.com/artist/warren-k/483631

Waza wrote:the thing i hate is if your changing any parameter the preset name disappears, it would be nice if it was always up on the display.
Wait 4 or 5 seconds. :)
arachnaut wrote:if they were compatible, I wouldn't mind if they sounded different - more presets
Just because they sounded different, that wouldn't mean they'd be useful to anyone. Quality > quantity. :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

So yeah, Bazille is out (of the way for those of us wanting Zebra3). Congrats Urs and u-he team on the release.

So - when can I has Zebra3? :hihi:

V2 to V3 just only 30$ ! that's sounds reasonable !

boobytrap wrote:V2 to V3 just only 30$ ! that's sounds reasonable !
Yes, beyond reasonable. Not to ruin things for other people, but I think I'd be willing to pay a lot more than that for the new Zeebs. In a weird way, what I'm most looking forward to is the updated graphics/UI. I'm interested to see what Urs and the boys have up their sleeve for that!

fourthmanfire wrote:
boobytrap wrote:V2 to V3 just only 30$ ! that's sounds reasonable !
Yes, beyond reasonable. Not to ruin things for other people, but I think I'd be willing to pay a lot more than that for the new Zeebs. In a weird way, what I'm most looking forward to is the updated graphics/UI. I'm interested to see what Urs and the boys have up their sleeve for that!
i agreed ! it's far more valuable than it's price. very hi end synth with pure natural sound engine without any samples..

For me personally, other than Omnisphere 2 (which will probably never come out anyway), Zebra 3 has been my most anticipated synth. I'm dying to see what the brilliant Urs has in store for us. :)

Not just the what, also the when? ;)

EvilDragon wrote:I wouldn't bother with preset compatibility much. Rather use that time to implement some asskicking features and algorithms!
+1
Last edited by chilly7 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://слово-божье.рф

Return to “u-he”