Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Kaboom75 wrote:
goleat wrote:I would like a skin like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uljWm27VEM

to zebra3 an exclusive panel for oscillators and minimatrix on the front panel :hihi:

Seen in: http://plugmon.org/zebra-pokemod/
That's Zebra? nice skin that's how I imagine Zebra 3 will look.
If I think about Z3 I always think about a whole new synth, not just a skin update and some new features. But maybe I'm wrong. :?:

mutantdog wrote:So what's the point of all this, well those first impressions could be enough to deter potential buyers, especially those from an EDM persuasion. I recall urs said a new skin was planned before v3, 2.8 perhaps? This would be a great thing, might i suggest that you look seriously at redux as a template for the ideal layout, it improves on the original in so many ways. This one: http://plugmon.org/zebra-pokemod/ looks nice, especially the modules, but is still rather small and (for me) the demo seems buggy.
I picked that up the other day, mainly for the sounds which are superb - the skins are nice too though the oscillator editing areas are too small. I sent a suggestion to the author about that.

Anyways about those sounds - great stuff! They make Zebra sound as modern and aggressive as just about anything - the author isn't kidding when he says Zebra can beat Massive for power and clarity.

The plugmon skins really make a difference as to how one perceives and works with the synth, I think - people are suggestible, sadly, and that old silver and green skin is a bit dispiriting.

I still prefer Redux for functionality like the huge oscillator editing panes- it'd be nice to have the Redux layout with a color scheme more like the plugmon one.

You can make your own color scheme for the Redux skin...

EvilDragon wrote:You can make your own color scheme for the Redux skin...
I'm going to try that at some point... I just don't have time right now, and it's non-trivial. I did manage to hack the UDH colors into the redux mini layout, which gives a really nice skin to work with.

I just bought this too.
Incredible price, I am sure I will have some fun when I download it.
Thanks for tip.

diaper@ky wrote:I just bought this too.
Incredible price, I am sure I will have some fun when I download it.
Thanks for tip.
yes...only $15. I have added it to my list. Need to finish exploring Absolute Zebra's patches before I get any more for Zebra and then there are Hive's sounds and Tantra and ...

:hihi:
바보

It's nice to have old school, new school capabilities in a synth.
I've actually learned how to program my Solaris better by buying Zebra 2 / HZ.
Plugmon's presets are awesome.
Saved me weeks of trying to become more EDM.

Now I see why everybody wants a Zebra 3.
I will be content learning until then.
Way behind yuze guys but have nothing but time to learn...

Cheers and thx Plugmon, awesome stuff.

At least, I would like to see a granular reverb/delay module as does Mpowersynth.

Yeah, I know I'm insistent... :hihi:

...and a simple sample/multisample player would be cool. Nothing fancy. :)
Also I remember Urs mentioning modal synthesis. That would be awesome. I can see some cool combinations with combinator.
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

goleat wrote:At least, I would like to see a granular reverb/delay module as does Mpowersynth.

Yeah, I know I'm insistent... :hihi:
There isn't a software synth that has any where near as good an effect section as Mpowersynth has... maybe Omnisphere 2 comes close. While the granular delay is cool, what's even cooler about it, and what I'd also like to see in Zebra 3, is that most of the effect parameters are modulatable. Omnisphere added this in v2. It really makes the effect section part of the instrument instead of something that's just tacked on. I mean, you could just buy the stand alone Melda plug in and use it on Zebra 2 now. The magic comes when they're integrated.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:There isn't a software synth that has any where near as good an effect section as Mpowersynth has... maybe Omnisphere 2 comes close. While the granular delay is cool, what's even cooler about it, and what I'd also like to see in Zebra 3, is that most of the effect parameters are modulatable. Omnisphere added this in v2. It really makes the effect section part of the instrument instead of something that's just tacked on. I mean, you could just buy the stand alone Melda plug in and use it on Zebra 2 now. The magic comes when they're integrated.
Hive.

zerocrossing wrote:what I'd also like to see in Zebra 3, is that most of the effect parameters are modulatable.
They have been modulatable since Zebra 1.0, i.e. they'v never been not modulatable ;)

Howard wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:There isn't a software synth that has any where near as good an effect section as Mpowersynth has... maybe Omnisphere 2 comes close. While the granular delay is cool, what's even cooler about it, and what I'd also like to see in Zebra 3, is that most of the effect parameters are modulatable. Omnisphere added this in v2. It really makes the effect section part of the instrument instead of something that's just tacked on. I mean, you could just buy the stand alone Melda plug in and use it on Zebra 2 now. The magic comes when they're integrated.
Hive.
Zebra 1 + 2 ( + 3, when finished )

Urs wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:what I'd also like to see in Zebra 3, is that most of the effect parameters are modulatable.
They have been modulatable since Zebra 1.0, i.e. they'v never been not modulatable ;)
They are? Well, then you're done! :oops:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
Urs wrote:
They are? Well, then you're done! :oops:
Yeah, hehe, almost :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “u-he”