community project: one note drones and soundscapes through only one instance of Zebra

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Noctilucent wrote:I'll quote Sendy on this since it was his idea!
*her* idea.

hollo wrote:So, lets find out what will be with the controllers/XY! ???
Shell we use them or not? :roll:
Its allowed to use them, but you do not have to ^^

Cool idea, looking forward to hearing what people come up with!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

yes, this is a nice idea. I'll probably try to come up with something... so it's only a long one note drone-ish track with only one instance of zebra and automations using X/Y.

aiight !!

Sorry for being excruciatingly exacting here, but are we talking "one-note patches", or "one-note drones"? I wouldn't really, for example, include overtly rhythmic passages in a drone.

Sounds great.
I'm in.

I'd say rhythmic material is fine, there's no stylistic restrictions at all apart from those imposed by the technical limitations. Does that seem fair to everyone else?
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

This sounds like a lot of fun. I think I'm going to have to take a part in this!

Would everyone be ok if you send the entries by https://wetransfer.com/ to me at martin.kvale@gmail.com ?

Since this is music rather than patches we are doing here, I think it would be good to go over them and adjust to that the tracks are roughly the same level and I dont mind doing that:)
Would everyone be ok with this? comments or other ideas? :D

Howard wrote:
Noctilucent wrote:I'll quote Sendy on this since it was his idea!
*her* idea.
sorry :)

Noctilucent wrote:Since this is music rather than patches we are doing here
I was under the impression that it's both patches and music track.
If not, it should be.

mcnoone wrote:
Noctilucent wrote:Since this is music rather than patches we are doing here
I was under the impression that it's both patches and music track.
If not, it should be.
I like that idea:)

Noctilucent wrote:I'll quote Sendy on this since it was her idea!
Sendy wrote:Given you can pretty much make a whole ambient track with one instance of Zebra this isn't suprising.

Actually, that brings to mind an interesting concept album - a compilation of one note drones and soundscapes where no external sequencing is allowed apart from one note-on and one note-off per song :hihi:
How about we have not a contest but a collaborative project in creating soundscapes/music with the Zebra? I suggest the following restrictions.

1. The whole track must be made with only one instance of the synth Zebra.
2. There can be no external sequencing apart from one note-on and one note-off per track.

-The project ends on the 1st of november
-submission is to me through https://wetransfer.com/ to me at martin.kvale@gmail.com
-Submission should be of music track and patch(both named with name/title preferably:)

Any suggestions?
how about time lenghts, number of submissions per person, should we have a kind of vote at the end, or do a sort of page on soundcloud about it?
chime in with your two cents:)

How does it go with this, has anyone finished anything? I have so far not gotten any links/entries:)

Ah, geez, I totally forgot about it. :oops:

...mind extending the deadline by a bit? :D

I will send it soon, ready with the patch, and got a kind of filmscore music with it.

Cheers, :)
Joseph

Return to “u-he”