I'm getting close to finishing the orchestral bank, finally!!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jupiter8 wrote:This is just ridiculous and highly unfair to us mere mortals.
+1. Nice one, Corin!

Wow, thanks for the encouraging remarks everyone! :oops: It's always motivating to hear that your work is appreciated. :)
Yes, this track took a bit of planning. It's also the culmination of quite a few months of patch experimentation and evolution.
Hollo asked when this bank was due... Mid-November to mid-December would be my estimation.

Then - if i know you well - you will have marathon editing
sessions front of keyboards and monitors - so take care! :wink:
I mean take it easy.

You have your first customer. :)

I went from curiously pressing play, to DAMN, that was beyond good. And, that composing work wasn't too bad either! :wink:

Seriously, that is amazing. (the sounds and the composition... just stunning). :-o

Infuckincredible! :shock:

Whoa I am now even more in awe of what you can do with just one synthesizer. :love:

Very inspiring top notch stuff!
:borg:

Very well done. Excellent sounds and composition.

Sounds great! :tu: (patches and the demo tracks so far)
Can't wait to play around with the instruments!
Good luck! :)

Well done. Is there a secret as to how you learned to do such wonderful programming?

At risk of sounding like a broken record, Zebra never ceases to amaze us with its capabilities. Truly astounding.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Great track

Now I can purchase my version of zebra :roll: :roll: :roll:
God save the Groove!

Wow, thanks again everyone! :)
hollo wrote:Then - if i know you well - you will have marathon editing
sessions front of keyboards and monitors - so take care! :wink:
I mean take it easy.

You have your first customer. :)
Thanks for your pledge of support. :)
And yes, I'm going to go through some coffee for this one. ;)

Gonga wrote:Well done. Is there a secret as to how you learned to do such wonderful programming?

At risk of sounding like a broken record, Zebra never ceases to amaze us with its capabilities. Truly astounding.
Thanks, Gonga. :)
Get samples of the acoustic instrument you want to emulate, get a spectrum analyzer(I used a freebie, can't remember it's name), lock yourself into the studio with some hours to spare, and brace yourself for some trial and error.

This got me about halfway. Usually at some point, I would give up, either out of boredom or of frustration, trying to make the instrument sound EXACTLY how the real one sounded, and tried other methods of giving it more life. I'd wind up with 5 or 6 so-and-so French horns, and then I'd take a couple of them and turn them into something of their own.

So, truthfully, the bank emulates an orchestra to a certain degree. What the final patches really emulate is open majorly to interpretation of the listener.

I'm debating on weather I should include some of the half-finished presets in the final bank, because they are usable, and actually were used in some of my demo tracks. However, if these are included, they'll be in their own folder in the bank, and I don't want them to have any bearing on the price of the bank.

Also, a big part of the bank is some very experimental soundscape work. I'm including the soundscape patches because they seem to blend very well with the orchestra.

Really impressive!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

sick patches dude, really impressive
dedication to flying

Return to “u-he”