I'm getting close to finishing the orchestral bank, finally!!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DJBenniBoy wrote:Wow I must say! Very very Nice, I have inspiration for Movie Like soundtracks as well! Better than Nexus Orchestral Sounds!, And they're probably real sampled instrument's too! :)...I guess Allot of Reverb was Used?, You can create a simple violin by using slight portamento and cut out the "dry" signal in the reverb, and prehaps a little attack on the ADSR of the env :)...But carrying on, Zebra will probably or most certainly be in my music arsenal for a long set of years to come! and wow even a Phenom 1100t six core got spikes? Really? I have a Phenom 965 X4!...And there's not much difference in terms of speed between them!
Thank you! :)
Never heard the Nexus Orchestral Sounds, I'll have to take a listen.
I WANT to say I was modest with the reverb... :hihi: But, I did take advantage of it lots.
My real tool in terms of creating space for things to sit in the mixes was the delay module. You can use the delays to make a mono signal, which is helpful in reigning things in when they get out of control...and it seems especially helpful in achieving realism somehow, I guess it's because our ears are used to sounds not reaching them at the exact same time...for instance, if you're walking down a street with a wall to your left, and someone calls you from the other side, your right ear will hear the call first, while your left ear picks up mostly the reflection of the call from off of the wall.

Yes, this bank isn't forgiving in terms of processing demands. :oops:
But, I said in another thread that there are a fair amount of sounds that ARE cpu friendly.

Have you announced the price?

Esgalachoir wrote:.. some of my more avant-garde synth patches(They're towards the end) [of Pictures and Mazes (all Zebra)]
That was actually my favorite part of the composition. You have a a good ear (IMO) for synth sounds that fall somewhere on the acousitic/electronic spectrum. I certainly hope some of those patches make it into your bank as well, they compliment the orchestral sounds quite well.

Very impressive programming/composing.

I'm a very lucky developer. Best users on the planet.

joelcorriveau wrote:Have you announced the price?
This is my biggest issue right now. As the creator of the bank, I don't know what to charge. I don't want to charge a lot, but my friends and family are urging me not to sell myself cheap.
Maybe I'll do a poll and take the average of all suggestions given and then adjust that to my comfort level? :shrug:

Urs wrote:I'm a very lucky developer. Best users on the planet.
Don't forget, Urs, we're lucky too. :tu:

bmrzycki wrote:
Esgalachoir wrote:.. some of my more avant-garde synth patches(They're towards the end) [of Pictures and Mazes (all Zebra)]
That was actually my favorite part of the composition. You have a a good ear (IMO) for synth sounds that fall somewhere on the acousitic/electronic spectrum. I certainly hope some of those patches make it into your bank as well, they compliment the orchestral sounds quite well.
Thanks! I'm definitely including som of those hybrid sounds. They're what I really enjoy coming up with the most. :)

Wow wow wow I didn't try Zebra, but this is some seriously impressive sound design here, I might just crack and buy the synth just for this soundset to see how the sounds are constructed...

This is stunning. One striped horse and this soundbank could put orchestras everywhere out of business.

Esgalachoir wrote:
Maybe I'll do a poll and take the average of all suggestions given and then add $20? :shrug:
FTFY. Don't sell too cheap. IMHO. :)

Suggestion: Set your regular sale price, then do an introductory group buy to get your product out there and gain attention to it. Then word of mouth advertizing will take over.

I'm floored.

And sold. When will it be out??

FrantzM wrote:This is stunning. One striped horse and this soundbank could put orchestras everywhere out of business.
Thanks! :) ...Personally, I don't really see this happening, but I won't gas up my own thread with this easily heated discussion. :hihi:

Thanks so much, everyone! :)
Fritze wrote:
Esgalachoir wrote:
Maybe I'll do a poll and take the average of all suggestions given and then add $20? :shrug:
FTFY. Don't sell too cheap. IMHO. :)
Awesome. Thanks, Fritze. :tu:
moosethree wrote:Suggestion: Set your regular sale price, then do an introductory group buy to get your product out there and gain attention to it. Then word of mouth advertizing will take over.
I have a feeling I'm going to wind up doing exactly this.
wonshu wrote: I'm floored.

And sold. When will it be out??
Thanks! With my current workload, I have a feeling I'm going to squeeze it in just before the New Year.

I've got to figure out how to sell this thing. I want to stay independent I think, so that means me doing LOTS manual e-mail correspondence and verification. I also have a really good friend who I'd be willing to pay some of it's sales to do that for me. I haven't quite decided yet, I guess I should hurry up with that. :help:

Return to “u-he”