I'm getting close to finishing the orchestral bank, finally!!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

trance_lucent wrote:Bought it and can repeat: it's the stunniest soundset I ever heard (and now played)!
May be it would be better for you to start new thread with announce or at least to edit the first post in this thread?
Thanks! I'm very relieved that everyone likes it so far!
I didn't want to post anything more until I got some feedback, but it looks like
bmrzycki beat me to it. :lol:
audington wrote:YES! I'm on it like a car bonnet!
:lol:
knoob wrote:Thank you for this bank, Corin, it is really good! Your bank and Dark Zebra is top notch sound design, it inspires me to compose music for film.

What about an Ethnic bank for Zebra?
Thanks and you're welcome, knoob! (love the name, :lol: )
Oooh, now there's a cool idea. :love:

I really want to say thank you again to everyone. Also, for all who have purchased the bank so far, you're welcome and I really hope the purchase is worth it to you. :)
Merry Christmas ladies and gentlemen. I know I'm going to have one this year. :)

- Corin

Corin, you're so freakin' talented - let it get to your head! :hihi:

Needless to say, I'm buying this later this morning. I hope you sell many and are inspired to do more. Wow. Just wow. :-o :o :shock:

I'm away for the holidays, and only have my laptop, (no keyboard, no modwheel, breath, expression.)

I've been using this M4L device. If you have Ableton and Max for Live, this will let tweak without a keyboard. http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/589/midi-ctrl

Does anyone else have software solutions for how to tap into these controls without a keyboard? Maybe it's easier than I know, and I'm just overlooking something.

Setting up Logic's Hyper draw always leaves me baffled.

[Oops. Forgot to add the link.]
Last edited by MtL on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seems to me that you could always go in Logic Environment, create a fader with CC1 or CC11 assigned to It, then cable it to an instrument channel with Zebra in it.

Very nice sounds indeed!

One possible problem: HDT Strings and High Tremolo Strings appears to be the same patch. Am I missing something?

Also, a suggestion. Some of the sounds are almost inaudible until you increase the mod wheel position. That was not immediately obvious (especially to someone who has a spring-loaded mod wheel that returns to zero when you let go). A note in the readme about that might be useful.

Finally ... what, no bassoon? You've got woodwinds pretty well covered apart from that. Consider that a feature request for version 2. :)

dmbaer wrote:Also, a suggestion. Some of the sounds are almost inaudible until you increase the mod wheel position. That was not immediately obvious (especially to someone who has a spring-loaded mod wheel that returns to zero when you let go). A note in the readme about that might be useful.
Actually, there is a note about that, called "A Quick Note on Usage". :)

dmbaer wrote:Very nice sounds indeed!

One possible problem: HDT Strings and High Tremolo Strings appears to be the same patch. Am I missing something?

Finally ... what, no bassoon? You've got woodwinds pretty well covered apart from that. Consider that a feature request for version 2. :)
Uh-oh, those ARE the same patches. You aren't missing anything. I meant to delete the HDT strings, due to the cryptic title. I'll go in and snip that one out.

There was a bassoon, originally. But, it turned into what is now called the "Brassoon" in the brass section... :hihi:

I was thinking of expanding the bank, eventually... But the idea of an ethnic bank was mentioned, and I kind of liked the sound of that and had some ideas that could go with it.

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:Corin, you're so freakin' talented - let it get to your head!

Needless to say, I'm buying this later this morning. I hope you sell many and are inspired to do more. Wow. Just wow.
No thanks, my head doesn't need to be any bigger than it already is. :oops: :lol:

And thanks for the well wishes. Sales are doing awesome right now. :D

Well, I went ahead and got it, even though I rarely use presets. Good work on these, although you won't see me replacing any samples with these strings, brass and woodwind patches just yet.

The sounds I really like in this set are the percussive ones and the soundscapes. There's some great stuff in there.

Again, good work! :tu:

ariston wrote:Well, I went ahead and got it, even though I rarely use presets. Good work on these, although you won't see me replacing any samples with these strings, brass and woodwind patches just yet.

The sounds I really like in this set are the percussive ones and the soundscapes. There's some great stuff in there.

Again, good work! :tu:
Thanks! :)

Return to “u-he”