I'm getting close to finishing the orchestral bank, finally!!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

olepro wrote:Not to say anything bad about Esgalachoir's sounds for Zebra, but this is also alot about his exellent composing and use of the sounds.
The best sounds can easely sound bad if they are used the "wrong" way.
Iv'e heard musicians whith the exellent Yamaha Tyros make it sound like an old Casio !
It could be interesting to listen to some of the sounds played in isolation.

Really good job on the composing (and sounds) Esgalachoir 8)

By the way, if anybody like classical music played by old analog synths then have a listen to Isao Tomita.
Just two exsamples
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRAh_hpc ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEz9VpUo ... re=related
This is true, you can make bad music with my patches too, I've already done it... :hihi:

And yes, with a trained and discerning ear, you will be able to tell that my sounds are synthesized.
This bank, as it stands now, is far from perfect. I've got my work cut out for me this month.

I'll have to take a listen Tomita when I have more energy to spare, I'm exhausted right now.

And thanks, olepro. 8)

Not meant as a critique on Tomita (whom I know since he played in Far East Band) but nothing compares to the real instruments. No photograph or painting can ever replace a sunset.

But is that a problem? Does it make the photograph/painting less good? Of course not! It does not mean to replace a sunset but to add something to our human desire for art and beauty.
Same with old-school photographs and digital ones. Both have their adepts, missionaries and acolytes.

From my personal point of view Zebra is in the first place *the* synthesizer to synthesize sounds. Some of these can be very "far out" and some can be close to sounds we know, even to instruments we know. But does it have to be a perfect emulation? No, I don't think so. I don't think it is possible to play, say, a violin on a synth. Because a real player on a real instrument will lay his "soul" in every note they play. There's the interaction of the strings with the wood, of the resin on the bow with the strings. A real life player can use every little effect in real time. And these go far beyond pizzicato, soft, mellow, hard or harsh.

So if this orchestral bank is not "perfect", I don't mind. No vinyl, no SDHC or whatever has ever come close to a real-life performance, but that won't stop me from playing the music I like on cd, and even to listen to mp3 in the car.

So don't worry about perfection Esgalachoir as no human will ever attain it. Go your way, do what you want and relax. Creativity is hindered by stress, and by ego.

You could, eventually, always make your orchestral set available in due time, and add updates for registered users later on.

My idea.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote:I don't think it is possible to play, say, a violin on a synth. Because a real player on a real instrument will lay his "soul" in every note they play.
A synthesizer is a real instrument, and there are real synthesizer players who will lay their "souls" in every note they play, too. Not commenting on emulating existing acoustic instruments here, just a general observation.

Any news?

;-)

Zouki

I am so incredible impressed
and yes, the Kelvin labyrinthe is amazing as well. I had no idea that a synth could sound this real .. composition is first class!!!
:hug:

That is pretty amazing. Sounds real enough to me.

zouki wrote:Any news?

;-)

Zouki
But???...

zouki wrote:
zouki wrote:Any news?

;-)

Zouki
But???...
Sorry to keep you hanging! I've been away lately so I didn't see this right away.
I've been super busy lately with several projects, but it hasn't kept me from working on the bank, fortunately. I'm at around 80 some patches that can be called complete, but I'm still not quite happy with the string section and woodwinds yet.
Also, I've got another completed demo track for it sitting around here which was originally meant for a short film, but that project had to be transformed due to an unfortunate event, so the music had to change, which left me with an unused finished piece.

So far the bank, as it stands in it's current form: 10 brass patches, 7 string patches, 5 woodwinds, 9 keys, 22 percussion, 26 soundscapes, and 4 sequences.

Also, I don't have a count for the "scrap" patches, but I imagine that will be somewhat high...

As you can see, a couple types out-number some other types of patches...:hihi:
Not really sure I'm comfortable with that after what I advertised this bank to be...:oops:

- Corin

Crackbaby wrote:I am so incredible impressed
and yes, the Kelvin labyrinthe is amazing as well. I had no idea that a synth could sound this real .. composition is first class!!!
timaeus222 wrote:That is pretty amazing. Sounds real enough to me.
Thanks a lot for listening, guys! :)

Honestly If all this is true, Urs should contact Mr Zimmer and let him know about you...
You are a genius :shock:

I am officialy jealous

Thanks Esgalachoir! We are all waiting patiently... almost! As for X-mas...

*<|;-}

Zouki

Esgalachoir wrote:Also, I've got another completed demo track for it sitting around here which was originally meant for a short film, but that project had to be transformed due to an unfortunate event, so the music had to change, which left me with an unused finished piece.

- Corin
Ah, I can help you with that: PLEASE POST IT!!! :D 8)

wow! :love:
"It dreamed itself along"

Totolitoto wrote:Honestly If all this is true, Urs should contact Mr Zimmer and let him know about you...
You are a genius :shock:

I am officialy jealous
Hah! Nonsense, what does he need me for? He's got Howard and REAL orchestras!(Something I'd like to have access to someday)
Genius? I dunno about that...I've said it before and I'll say it again, I prefer to call myself dangerously obsessed with realism...:hihi:

zouki wrote:Thanks Esgalachoir! We are all waiting patiently... almost! As for X-mas...

*<|;-}

Zouki
:) ;)
Fritze wrote:Ah, I can help you with that: PLEASE POST IT!!!
Hopefully I can throw it up there by tonight.

Return to “u-he”