ACE 1.2, Uhbik 1.2.1 public beta (+VST3)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That widely depends on which host you're using. But yes, it's good to have the option there.

Win7 64bit ACE installer says NO. Same as others reported.
:hug:

I tried to install ace win32, but I got;

runtime error (at 62:585):

IPersistFile::Save failed; code 0x80070003.
The system cannot find the path specified.

:?:

also Urs, stupid question but if it is Uhbik 1.2.1 beta, why is it labelled 1107?
:-)
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

That's internal revision number. :D

Hmm, there's a 'singing envelopes' toggle on the tweak page for ACE - in mono mode, skips ahead in the attack segment to match the value of the envelope in the previous note? Something like that w/ envelope triggering, seems pretty expressive!

Hi all,

Just to say Ace 1107 works great here on Osx 10.8.2, no install problem, multicore works great, and... tjanks for the patch cables setting bug fix ;-)
Just one thing: why did you changed the way we scroll to the presets in the patch view? i thonk it was better in the previous version...
Anyway great update...

Cheers
Vinz

Ps: i can't find the extra outputs that Urs was talking prior to release this Beta???

vinz89 wrote:Just one thing: why did you changed the way we scroll to the presets in the patch view? i thonk it was better in the previous version...
I hope you'll get used it. The old vertical scrolling made it difficult to find patches within a larger folder because you got two non-contiguous "windows" i.e. two columns which were alphabetically sorted, but missing a bunch inbetween - annoyed the hell out of me!

Yes, it's still not perfect...

xh3rv wrote:Hmm, there's a 'singing envelopes' toggle on the tweak page for ACE - in mono mode, skips ahead in the attack segment to match the value of the envelope in the previous note? Something like that w/ envelope triggering, seems pretty expressive!
Very cool.

I'm in the middle of a project so haven't been updating my synths...I might wait on this for a bit but it's tempting.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

keel wrote:I tried to install ace win32, but I got;

runtime error (at 62:585):

IPersistFile::Save failed; code 0x80070003.
The system cannot find the path specified.

:?:
Same here on Vista 32 bit

Howard wrote:Yes, it's still not perfect...
Huh? But fo course it is. In the next beta.

Urs wrote:(From Diva / Zebra beta thread:) ACE should actually get outlets for Random, Alternate and Voice modulators, but maybe we should do that after the maintenance release.
I take it that this beta is just the "maintenance release" yes?

n0rd wrote:
Urs wrote:(From Diva / Zebra beta thread:) ACE should actually get outlets for Random, Alternate and Voice modulators, but maybe we should do that after the maintenance release.
I take it that this beta is just the "maintenance release" yes?
Yes. We don't want to add new features right now, unless they were inherited from other developments. ACE inherits MultiCore support from Diva.

ACE also - in theory - has Random/Alternate and Voice modulators, but these only work at control rate (updated every 4th sample, not oversampled). Adding them as audio rate modulation slots (updated multiple times per sample) requires a considerable amount of work, even though they would be static. For that reason they're only available in control-rate slots, such as the envelope modulation drop-downs.

Hello Urs,

two questions:
-Multicore support - is this build in or does this need additional runtime libraries to be installed ?

-any chance to include an option to switch "breath" to an alternative controller ?

Cheers

Why would you need runtime libraries for multicore capability? I must say I never encountered that with other software - it's built in to the program (Kontakt, Pianoteq, Reaper, for example).

Return to “u-he”