ACE 1.2, Uhbik 1.2.1 public beta (+VST3)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:Sheesh, I hate installation issues... will try to figure that one out...

The silence thing with ACE... that's normal VST2 in Live? Or AU? Both? Does the MIDI LED still work? Does the oscilloscope still show anything? Is that with MultiCore on/off? Hehehe, yes, real beta testing, your help is very appreciated :oops:

Also, a preset before and after silence (no pun intended) would be great...

Just ran into the silence thing from ACE.

- Ableton Live 8.3.4 32 bit
- Mac AU
- MIDI LED still working
- oscilloscope still shows normal waveform, but alternates with something like part of a square wave

Started testing at 3:53 PM and audio went out at 4:01 PM. Was able to duplicate this in 64 bit Live beta.

Also, I'm running in demo mode. I don't have an ACE license ... yet :)

Just a small thing I noticed so far...

The VST version of Uhbik-F is named 'Uhbik'.

In Windows installer tries to put files into

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\VST3
Same for

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
I did not have VST3 folder under "Common Files" in either. And got an error.

I added VST3 folders in both locations and installation went through. So there's your bug-fix.

Hi guys

When Skipping through Uhbik presets while cycle-playback is running in Logic, after a while, Presets aren't initialized correctly anymore. At that point, the GUI is set correctly, but sound stays the same. When in that state, some presets at the top of the list actually do initialize but rather randomly. And my impression is that parameters actually have less effect overall. Sometimes, moving one of the virtual pots will trigger the actual sound to be loaded, but with a delay of several seconds due to a slow smooth transition. So the less effect impressin might be caused by this slow transition, as well.

OS X 10.8.1
Logic 9.1.8
64 Bit, I think, will have to check tomorrow, since I switched to 32 Bit for a plug-in rescan recently
IMac Core i3 late 2010
12 GB RAM

I've had this problem for ever in Uhbik and in MFM2 since I purchased it, because I remember being unimpressed with the presets, because to me, they all sounded the same after a while. I was sure it was me just not hearing it, but turns out they're actually sounding the same when this issue occurs ;-)

Secondly, I really LOVE the GUI scaling, so I use the plug-ins at the large scale. By doing so, I noticed that the small rotaries show a red ring in the 8 'o clock position (misalingment?).

Also, sometimes the animation is smooth, sometimes it isn't (not dependant on my system's CPU load). In smaller size, I didn't notice that animation issue. Will monitor and see if I notice a pattern.

And then, I know it's asking much but could you use more labels instead of graphics for the text? The preset name for example looks stunning, as does the box for Flange Mode and Reverb Mode, but the white text graphics around the knobs especially show their pixels in all their beauty :-)

Then (probably an oldy but a goodie), the Preset Browser cuts the list one entry to soon, so that the last preset entry is cut off.

Looking forward to trying with no more bridge in Cubase :-)
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Urs wrote:The silence thing with ACE... that's normal VST2 in Live? Or AU? Both? Does the MIDI LED still work? Does the oscilloscope still show anything? Is that with MultiCore on/off? Hehehe, yes, real beta testing, your help is very appreciated :oops:

Also, a preset before and after silence (no pun intended) would be great...

Normal VST2 = Yes

In Live? = Yes

MIDI LED? = Yes

Oscilloscope Display? = Sporatic changes really. It will change from a straight line to glimpses of a square wave. But its nothing normal like what is shown when the sound is being played.

Multicore On? = Yes

In this last try my last switch was from TAS Cobalt Mica >> JL Sunny Tine Piano. However I have had it happen with different combinations. Also, it almost always happens after about 13-14 minutes, every time. The midi loop I use is always the same as well. With each preset I up the voices then the accuracy and then the stack.

Hope this helps and sorry for the long delay but my first post was before work. This one, well, I just got home :)

One more thing... My install was not an overwrite of the current version of ACE. This is because I always move my installs into custom folders arranged by type not developer. So at the moment I have both installed. The beta is in the default installation location, it has not been moved (in case that matters).

ACE installer laughed at me, Said it couldn't find destination folder even though i was looking right at it :p

Win XP SP3.

UncleAge wrote: Good news is that I am loving the multicore support. I couldn't find one "poly" preset that I could get to gover 30% in the Live meter and that's with each one on many voices/accurate/4 stack using 5-6 note chords. Presets like HS Brass Toff would crackle badly if I increased the stack to 2 prior to this update. Now things are pretty smooth. I only had a chance to run through about 30 presets but I'm sure the results will be similar with the rest.

ACE remains my favorite synth and this update allows me to open it up a bit and have some really stellar sounds. Thank you so much for putting in the work. It IS appreciated :tu:

Same here... I can play any preset without concern for cpu...

Holophonic wrote:ACE installer laughed at me, Said it couldn't find destination folder even though i was looking right at it :p

Win XP SP3.
Yeah... Win XP... I think we have a computer with this, we'll get to the bottom of this next week :)

W7 is also valid, since the installer raises that error and doesn't finish the install :S

Good stuff Urs, thanks :)

on the mac, it installed a vst called uhbik.vst which looks like the flanger but with a blank bottom half.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:on the mac, it installed a vst called uhbik.vst which looks like the flanger but with a blank bottom half.
rsp
Fixed in next beta :)

koo. I just trashed it.
rsp
sound sculptist

pdxindy wrote:
UncleAge wrote: Good news is that I am loving the multicore support. I couldn't find one "poly" preset that I could get to gover 30% in the Live meter and that's with each one on many voices/accurate/4 stack using 5-6 note chords. Presets like HS Brass Toff would crackle badly if I increased the stack to 2 prior to this update. Now things are pretty smooth. I only had a chance to run through about 30 presets but I'm sure the results will be similar with the rest.

ACE remains my favorite synth and this update allows me to open it up a bit and have some really stellar sounds. Thank you so much for putting in the work. It IS appreciated :tu:

Same here... I can play any preset without concern for cpu...
I'm so glad the multicore feature is on/off. When plugs start to use multiple cores it messes up with the hosts perfect multi-core usage. So instead of getting a boost of performance, which it indeed is if you run just ONE synth at a time, you are getting a nice jolt back to the stone ages..

But still nice to see an update :)
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Return to “u-he”