ACE, Uhbik Beta 1154 - VST3 and more

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Also, why do the installers display double slash?

C:\VST\\u-he

C:\VST\\u-he\ACE.data

Confusing a bit. And completely unnecessary. Doesn't change anything. Just a bit confusing. :)

EvilDragon wrote:Also, why do the installers display double slash?

C:\VST\\u-he

C:\VST\\u-he\ACE.data

Confusing a bit. And completely unnecessary. Doesn't change anything. Just a bit confusing. :)
That's because some hosts store the default VST path with backslash into the Registry, others don't. We're however happy that our installer retrieves that again, and it really makes no difference.

zvenx wrote:hi, two comments.

1. with u-he's installers in general on the PC side............ I am not sure about anyone else, but my 32 bit and 64 bits do not go in the same folder. and most installers I have used allow the user to specify the two different locations in the installer when you are installing both 32 bit and 64 bit plugins...... would be great if the u-he installers on pc did the same.

2. I notice on the PC side these don't allow you not to install the vst3 versions? For reasons I had mentioned to Urs separately, although I use Cubendo, I don't want to use the vst3 versions currently......... and I now have to manually delete them after these new versions.
thanks
rsp
We'll try to figure this out but making installers on Windows is a bit like medieval science. Most of the time we go "Why?", which is why we're happy when at least something gets installed in the correct path :oops:

Urs wrote:We'll try to figure this out but making installers on Windows is a bit like medieval science. Most of the time we go "Why?", which is why we're happy when at least something gets installed in the correct path :oops:
Which is why I miss the receptor-ized installers that were just some .dlls and the .data folder. :) Unzip into my plugins dir, done.

bmrzycki wrote:
Urs wrote:We'll try to figure this out but making installers on Windows is a bit like medieval science. Most of the time we go "Why?", which is why we're happy when at least something gets installed in the correct path :oops:
Which is why I miss the receptor-ized installers that were just some .dlls and the .data folder. :) Unzip into my plugins dir, done.
Coming once we're done testing :)

Urs wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:
Coming once we're done testing :)
:tu: :D

This ACE beta doesn't install for me either Win XP SP3 32bit, Looks like its trying to create folders on my C: drive even though i told it to install to D: drive where my OS resides.

It said something like make sure your not installing into program files folder or something, but that's where my VST plugins folder is.

I never updated to the latest Diva because it didn't seem conclusive that it was actually stable and working going by forum posts, so i guess i'll stick to what i've got regarding ACE too.

Holophonic wrote:This ACE beta doesn't install for me either Win XP SP3 32bit, Looks like its trying to create folders on my C: drive even though i told it to install to D: drive where my OS resides.

It said something like make sure your not installing into program files folder or something, but that's where my VST plugins folder is.
That only refers to the data folder (presets etc.) which must not be in Program Files. You can still have the plugin itself in your Vstplugins folder.

(while you might not need that on XP, if one day you upgrade it's highly advisable not to have data in a restricted area)
I never updated to the latest Diva because it didn't seem conclusive that it was actually stable and working going by forum posts, so i guess i'll stick to what i've got regarding ACE too.
Hmmm, Diva 1.1.1 has been about as good as it gets, certainly less issues than previous versions. I do not recall a forum post suggesting otherwise.

Anyhow, as the topic suggests, this is about beta testing and mostly installation issues. We're dealing with users on a day to day basis that can not find certain files or directories even if we send screenshots and detailed explanation on where to click. We believe that most of these users are new to computers, or simply overwhelmed by the technical restrictions that current OSes impose on them. Thus the effort.

Thanks for the quick reply Urs, I'll try installing ACE again but change the presets location since i had chosen program files, i guess that's where the problem lay.

Sorry if i came across wrong regarding Diva, i saw a post by Kees49 that never seemed to get resolved and thought i'd hold back until it was. I'll be updating the minute i get back up to the studio :)

Holophonic wrote:Thanks for the quick reply Urs, I'll try installing ACE again but change the presets location since i had chosen program files, i guess that's where the problem lay.

Sorry if i came across wrong regarding Diva, i saw a post by Kees49 that never seemed to get resolved and thought i'd hold back until it was. I'll be updating the minute i get back up to the studio :)
Hehehe, can you send me a link? - As far as I know we're pretty solid. We did however fix a gazillion of niggles lately, so whatever might have popped up might also have been fixed and will be released with Ace, Uhbik and the whole rest.

ACE installed fine once i chose documents folder and seems to be working great. The multi-core function dramatically improves playability, energyXT's CPU meter reduces by a good 50% here, i went OTT with some long release sounds and it never buckled once :D

I noticed after installing the beta that my ACE v1.1 was no longer visible in Reapers plugin list, I'm assuming this is by design while the beta is installed ?

No biggy if so, just thought i'd mention it anyway.

Off topic but i updated Diva to the latest version and it's running rather splendidly also so disregard what i said previously, i'll email you a link to the post that put me off updating till now hehe :dog:

After installing this beta ACE lost its registration. I can successfully register it, but after a while it loses its registration and goes in demo mode. I now have the data installed into my documents, it used to be in my program files folder with the vst. I'm using the 32 bit windows version. Any ideas?

Mplay wrote:After installing this beta ACE lost its registration. I can successfully register it, but after a while it loses its registration and goes in demo mode. I now have the data installed into my documents, it used to be in my program files folder with the vst. I'm using the 32 bit windows version. Any ideas?
Can you send us a screenshot of a freshly opened instance to support at u-he dot com?

Also, please save an empty text file from WordPad to your desktop, named "ACE.log" (no .txt ending) and send us that too after opening ACE once.

This will help us figure out what's happening.

Thanks,

Urs

After restarting my pc the problem went away. Thanks for the quick reply though!

Urs, has the denormals/cpu issue in uhbik been completely fixed? also, im still getting "uhbik.vst" on my mac install

Return to “u-he”