Public Beta: Everything u-he

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Adrian B wrote:Is it just me? The scope was very smooth and nice on previous version, but the beta has a "low frame rate."

Clicking "Microtuning" box shows heading "Not applicable."

Bugs or working as intended? Looking forward to full release!

ab
Is that for ACE, Diva or Bazille? :)

Urs wrote:
Adrian B wrote:Is it just me? The scope was very smooth and nice on previous version, but the beta has a "low frame rate."

Clicking "Microtuning" box shows heading "Not applicable."

Bugs or working as intended? Looking forward to full release!

ab
Is that for ACE, Diva or Bazille? :)
Sorry, I should have been more specific. This was with 32-bit Diva VST3 in a 32-bit DAW in 64-bit Windows 7. Oddly, when I move the mouse around, the scope updates faster.

I just tested with the ACE beta and saw the same behaviour. Both Rev 1331.

What's up with Uhbik these days? I sure would like to update from 1.1. Sorry, I'm not in a position to beta test. Thanks!

antithesist wrote:What's up with Uhbik these days? I sure would like to update from 1.1. Sorry, I'm not in a position to beta test. Thanks!
The current version is 1.2. The public betas are 1.3, with a few minor additions and fixes.

We have a lot of plans, Sascha is eventually going to add a compressor. Can't say when though, we do everything as quickly as we possibly could.

Hi Everybody,

we've started the second public beta of everything! Once Urs comes around, he'll mark it as sticky (as it should be).

The new thread features an updated changelog, which includes a fix for Diva's crashes and crackle, as well as the new download links.

Enjoy!
- Clemens

Still having the note hanger bugg in Diva described few post above :(

nilhartman wrote:Still having the note hanger bugg in Diva described few post above :(
Oh, sorry!

That is another thing that's on our agenda! I'll put it into our internal bug tracker so it won't be forgotten.

(Let's try to push the conversation into the new thread so we don't end up with 200 pages about several versions in here ;))

Cheers,
- Clemens

Urs wrote:
antithesist wrote:What's up with Uhbik these days? I sure would like to update from 1.1. Sorry, I'm not in a position to beta test. Thanks!
The current version is 1.2. The public betas are 1.3, with a few minor additions and fixes.

We have a lot of plans, Sascha is eventually going to add a compressor. Can't say when though, we do everything as quickly as we possibly could.
Yeah, but 1.2 is messed up. Yes, I know you have a lot of plans, believe me. I stopped hoping for any new stuff. It's been talked about and talked about for years now, as have been even fixes for 1.2: Uhbik X, other effects, the best compressor known to mankind, etc., etc., etc. Thanks for responding, though.

If 1.2 is so messed up, then why not confirm that it's fixed in 1.3?

As for apologies, I might dig out an old thread, but I'm not gonna add any new ones :-p

I have active projects using Uhbiks and can't afford to rock the boat for awhile. I wasn't fishing for more apologies. I've got a hundred USD in Uhbik, plus I use a few of them regularly. It's been a decent investment so far.

I was literally just checking in to see what the current status is. I see a second round public beta was announced just after my initial post. That's good enough for me. I can't participate, though I do hope for all our sakes, someone is. I'll probably have to wait a little even when 1.3 is officially released.

It will be great if and when new Uhbiks are added. But honestly, it doesn't seem like that's going to happen. I bought in, in part, because regular new additions were more or less promised. I've lowered my expectations to better support of the existing ones.

Though at the risk of seeming even more entitled as an early adopter and supporter, some no-additional-cost addition(s) aside from these bug fix and stability updates, could generate a lot of goodwill. Thanks!

No worries, we're very thorough with this release. No more messed up ;)
antithesist wrote:It will be great if and when new Uhbiks are added. But honestly, it doesn't seem like that's going to happen. I bought in, in part, because regular new additions were more or less promised. I've lowered my expectations to better support of the existing ones.!
I explained it lengthy elsewhere. There was a reason for not releasing anything new in 2010/2011. U-he had to become a different company and that's what happened.

Hate to break into a pleasant discussion of Uhbik stuff, but in case this wasn't covered in this beta thread before, I wanted to ask:

Is the whole hoop-jumping rigmarole with folders in bizarre places, shortcuts and all of that fixed yet? Can we or will we be able to install these just like all other instruments I've ever used or heard of are installed . . . such as having their pertinent bits and presets in the same folder with their .dll's? (Please!)

Considering that we could have just changed write permissions anyway, this 'folders in documents' is archaic and somewhat of a nuisance, would you agree?

The Telenator wrote:Considering that we could have just changed write permissions anyway, this 'folders in documents' is archaic and somewhat of a nuisance, would you agree?
That's not a problem unless you keep Vstplugins in a restricted area such as C:\Program files\... - it's then not *us* preventing this from working, it's Microsoft.

The new installers are supposed to make sure that things work, i.e. we get less than 50 support emails with file permission issues a week. One can of course customise anything the way one likes, but our standard reply will be the same - move stuff out of Program Files and you're good.

Very good! That would be great if the new installers have that all sorted.

I guess my whole point was, it takes a mere second or two to open properties on any folder and change write permissions. I'm not sure why this wasn't the preferred course of action in the first place and why all the other -- other OS's not allowing this or something? I'm on Win7 and don't recall other OS behaviour. Some of u-he products need folders in Documents and shortcuts placed and some don't, so this inconsistency has always been a bit much to keep track of, and it's been bothersome to remember. I'm looking forward to some standardisation here. Thanks.

Well, we're updating *all* of our stuff currently - which will make them behave all the same.

The problem with setting write permissions manually is that Windows' UAC mode doesn't really let you do that. Your files may end up "roaming" in some folder confusingly buried somewhere on your drive. We've also randomly experienced permissions being reset to "can't write". In fact we have never got a reliable answer to the issue except for Microsoft telling us to not ever expect write permissions in Program Files.

Unfortunately also we have experienced that sometimes our software was receiving a "go" for writing into a file when indeed that wasn't the case. Not sure if that was a bug in our code or a flaw elsewhere, but this is what caused us crashes. Hence a tremedous amount of time went into the installers and making sure things default to reasonable paths.

Return to “u-he”