Public Beta: Everything u-he

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, yes. You are mentioning the Windows "Naughtiness Factor' -- when it chooses to do things it promised it wouldn't, MS said it can't, or you told it specifically not to do. I can see that being a potential issue here. I've always imaged it could be little gremlins dwelling down in the thick bed of DOS beneath the pretty Windows exterior.

I've always kept my UAD on but set to the lowest. It seems there is something almost daily that requires updating or needs changing or installing. I've never had a roaming folder, but one of those could be quickly searched and located.

All of this beta experience has been quite interesting, but I'll be glad when all is over. It's time for me to stop relying on solely your wonderful selection of free synths and purchase, for starters, ACE. I'm afraid I can't get too excited about chasing down updates of Tyrell and ZebraCM. I'm not sure I even see the advantage, since they work perfectly well for me as is. I updated to the newest Podolski from one just, what, issued perhaps a month previously and couldn't see any improvement there either. For those who want VST3, I can understand all of this. The newest version of Diva doesn't seem to perform any better than the several other versions I was using in demo either. I recall Diva 903 as being the lowest in CPU and hassle-free overall.

In the end, I think I come away from this somewhat confused. It's nice to expose 'process' to the public sometimes in one's work, a sort of 'thinking out loud', except I can barely figure out what's been improved, as I said. Maybe I've just been fortunate -- all u-he products I have had were behaving just fine until this.

[Edited to add:] You know, I will be happy to have all data folders in one place and no further shifting about, but I would dread to think what My Documents folder would look like if everyone else required users to keep all data and presets in that location also. In fact, in the past some have dropped folders in there without even bothering to ask my permission, only a couple steps better than those that crap all over my registry and/or AppData when installing.

Well,

New products such as Diva or Podolski will of course look rather similar when updated. Nevertheless, over the years we accumulated a bunch of niggles that may only occur to annoy very few people. Because it's only a few people, they've been postponed in favour of working on something more important.

2012 has however been a great year, we've released two immensely successful products. This created the very rare opportunity where there's no pressure to boost cash flow by releasing something new. We could easily survive a few months without a single sale. So this is where we thought "now or never" and started to consolidate simply *everything*. Which mostly means bringing old projects up to date, adding fail-safe procedures and automatic tests for things that often go wrong, analysing user feedback and typical cases that need troubleshooting, all that stuff.

So yes, for most parts and most users this whole update thing has no immediate benefit. But for our workflow and for a future-savvy development environment, the last 6 months were wisely spent.

Once this is done, we have an ideal starting base to do new things, pay attention to outstanding promises and finally do some creative work 8)

- Urs

PS: Btw. by "Documents location" we mean any subfolder. You could just have C:\Users\*you*\Documents\VST\*developer*\ - there's no need to clutter the top level Documents directory with all that plugin data. I'm sure it's the same with other developers who have similar requirements

This is why it's good to have your VST plugins folder in the root of the drive.

C:\VST\
C:\VST (x86)\

That's how I have it. No write permission issues - ever!

I have C:\VSTPlugins (x86) and C:\VSTPlugins (x64) but some DAWs have problems with this, so I also have two junction folders C:\VST32 and C:\VST64 ... ;)

EvilDragon wrote:This is why it's good to have your VST plugins folder in the root of the drive.

C:\VST\
C:\VST (x86)\

That's how I have it. No write permission issues - ever!
E:\.wine on my linux partition is also trouble free,
although my main synth .dll folder, and the u-he collection
are only about 3 gig. The nasty installers are usually the
few that won't work on their own in linux. I like Wusik setup best,
everything in one data folder.
Cheers

Urs wrote:Well,

2012 has however been a great year,

So this is where we thought "now or never"

analysing user feedback and typical cases that need troubleshooting,
all that stuff.

pay attention to outstanding promises and finally do some creative work 8)

- Urs
cue the John Wayne voice, track 2, please:

'Well padna, around these parts, feedin the horse ya rode in ta town on,
is about the luckiest thing a good cowboy can do :wink: '.

Thats a wrap! Drinks are on U-he... 8)

Hi,

I just bought the dark zebra yesterday.
I have set up my account @ U-HE registering zebra2.5 and MFM2.
I read at the start of this post that you have to set up "support" account @ U-HE,
done that yesterday.

Think i have done everything right. But i still dont see zebraHZ beta in my support section.

Thanks in advance
BarryK :)

barryk77 wrote:Hi,

I just bought the dark zebra yesterday.
I have set up my account @ U-HE registering zebra2.5 and MFM2.
I read at the start of this post that you have to set up "support" account @ U-HE,
done that yesterday.

Think i have done everything right. But i still dont see zebraHZ beta in my support section.

Thanks in advance
BarryK :)
I forgot where it's written down, but soundbanks don't appear immediately. We manually add them every month.

If you want to accelerate this, you can write to support at u-he dot com, and we'll add it within, say, 24 hours on a weekday, 48 hours on a weekend.

Thanks to the folks @ U-HE support for their fast response.
Zebra2.6 & ZebraHZ2.6 All good on iMac27" OS X 10.8.2. Logic 9.1.8 64bit.

Thanks
BK

:D

Yo Barry,

fast and good support is important to me. There's always room for improvement. Working hard on it to make it happen. :)

is Bazille 1331 the last version for Bazille?

Trancestorm wrote:is Bazille 1331 the last version for Bazille?
Yep

Return to “u-he”