Diva replaces, well, everything...

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Having spent about 8 months with the Diva in the studio and on the run I love it. I have an assortment of analogues and I've come to the conclusion they are simply no longer needed. The tonal range on offer with the Diva is so wide and the sound quality is on par with every analogue I have. I actually even prefer it. Aside from the tempest the Diva can cover the rest. I'm rather pleased with it.

Any of you guys replaced your analogues with the Diva?

I did miss my old Jupiter-6 until I got Diva.

I never look at a new thing as replacing an old thing. Diva merely augments my analog synths. Damn fine synth though...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

For sound design it still doesn't replace LuSH-101 with it's 8 layers. I own both and each have their place.
Cowbells!

dalor wrote:For sound design it still doesn't replace LuSH-101 with it's 8 layers. I own both and each have their place.
I can layer any synths I want in Live and save it as a preset. So any synth has 8 layers if I want it to.

feeltheillinois wrote:Having spent about 8 months with the Diva in the studio and on the run I love it. I have an assortment of analogues and I've come to the conclusion they are simply no longer needed. The tonal range on offer with the Diva is so wide and the sound quality is on par with every analogue I have. I actually even prefer it. Aside from the tempest the Diva can cover the rest. I'm rather pleased with it.

Im broke so I may sell my Moog Source, as on simple patches (which is all source can do anyway) Diva is very close. Its just a shame that with more filter closed sounds - it sounds a bit muted to me. I find with my analogue stuff even when you have the cutoff closed - there is air in the sound. Ive heard a few people say that also.

However I have an OB8 and Diva cannot replace it at all. In fact I am not really liking Diva for polyphonic sounds-because I dont think its Osc are ideal for the type of poly sounds I like (I prefer OB or P5 style for this). Plus I still find the high end a bit strident. I wish Urs would have introduced that muffle parameter he talked about...

Its good tho for sure. Not sure it could be my only 'analogue'...

feeltheillinois wrote:Having spent about 8 months with the Diva in the studio and on the run I love it. I have an assortment of analogues and I've come to the conclusion they are simply no longer needed. The tonal range on offer with the Diva is so wide and the sound quality is on par with every analogue I have. I actually even prefer it. Aside from the tempest the Diva can cover the rest. I'm rather pleased with it.

I had a Tetra and a Mopho at one point. I thought the sound was amazing, but I seriously hate working with hardware synths. No multiple instances unless you actually have more than one, no offline bouncing, keeping track of patches with your project...

I was thrilled when Diva came out and happily sold my hardware synths. The same thing happened for me with my digital hardware synths with Sylenth, although I am using z3ta instead now.

Honestly I think if I were to really narrow things down to two synths, Diva covers all analog sounds and z3ta covers all digital. I like having a few options for different character though. Lush and U-No-LX are really nice too.
You are currently reading my signature.

pdxindy wrote:
dalor wrote:For sound design it still doesn't replace LuSH-101 with it's 8 layers. I own both and each have their place.
I can layer any synths I want in Live and save it as a preset. So any synth has 8 layers if I want it to.
Thats nice that you have a workaround.
Cowbells!

dalor wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
It's not a workaround, it's actually so convenient I usually prefer using it even if a synth itself has layers :P (and I can also layer different synths/effects within the same structure, defining control macros and velocity splits etc, and simply drag the whole thing into my library to be reused somewhere else in an instant, that sort of thing).

Guenon wrote:
dalor wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
It's not a workaround, it's actually so convenient I usually prefer using it even if a synth itself has layers :P (and I can also layer different synths/effects within the same structure, defining control macros and velocity splits etc, and simply drag the whole thing into my library to be reused somewhere else in an instant, that sort of thing).
Exactly...

Diva is next on my "Legit" list.

Sooo FAT and beefy.

Warm full Bass!!
Retired, Bored and ready to WRECK the JOINT... gonna drop some OLD-STEP, ya'll!!

I sure would like to see a good arp in DIVA. Even something like Podolski has would be awesome!
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:I sure would like to see a good arp in DIVA. Even something like Podolski has would be awesome!
We expect a reasonably powerful arpeggiator in April (Musikmesse). We also hope to have some other stuff till then (well, depends on how many issues are still found within the current public beta testing)

V0RT3X wrote:I sure would like to see a good arp in DIVA. Even something like Podolski has would be awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94kc7KLxqUM

pdxindy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94kc7KLxqUM

Thats ACE! *Pun Intended*

I don't normally use arps that much, but I am starting to really like them for modulation sources!

I am going to be re-buying all U-HE stuff back soon enough <3
:borg:

Return to “u-he”