Public Beta 2: Everything u-he

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:Cables changing colour is normal, it happens all the time.

If cables stay invisible then, hmmm, this might be yet another VST3-specific bug...

What do you mean by "mapping"?
Sorry Urs. I meant the mapping generator was reset to defaults. But it was premature to indicate that part as a bug - I forgot that I loaded the init patch again :hihi:

Adrian B wrote:Saw some weird things in ACE (VST3, 32-bit) between closing and opening the interface. Not always.
a) cables disappeared but the routing effect was still audible
b) new cables were visible, old cables invisible
c) cables changed colour
d) invisible cables but could reroute the source with right-mouse-click then they were visible
I've noticed similar things happening when closing Ace's interface then opening it again. This time it's the 32-bit VST2.4 version running in Reaper 4.32 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit. You can see in the gif below :-

When I click on the various inputs it magically makes the cables reappear!
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

Just to add, this appears a GUI bug only, the routing affect of the cables is still present in the patch. At least when I've encountered this bug.

Strange thing that is. Could you please send me a project where that happens? I didn't see that in any host on Mac and Win. Not yet. :wink:

Edit: Ah, it's late here. You wrote it's on W7 and in Reaper. Anyway, a project would be cool as I don't see that here.

Fritze wrote:Strange thing that is. Could you please send me a project where that happens? I didn't see that in any host on Mac and Win. Not yet. :wink:

Edit: Ah, it's late here. You wrote it's on W7 and in Reaper. Anyway, a project would be cool as I don't see that here.
Here's a Reaper project illustrating the problem. There is one instance of ACE, nothing else. The project was saved with ACE's GUI open, so upon loading, ACE's GUI will appear. There is a routing in ACE from 'velocity' to 'vcf1 res'. The cable showing this is *NOT* visible upon loading this project on my machine. 100% repeatable. The same thing is happening with ACE in Renoise 2.8.1 32-bit so it's not exclusive to Reaper! If you simply left-click the 'vcf1 res' input the cable reappears.

Reaper project : http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=340 ... 9922710526

[bump] :help:

Hi Shifrin,

thanx a lot! I can reproduce it now with your project you sent me. :)

Fritze wrote:Hi Shifrin,

thanx a lot! I can reproduce it now with your project you sent me. :)
Glad to hear that, much easier for you guys to bug-hunt if it's showing the same behaviour at your end :)

Absolutely! I never saw that before. And it's fixed already! :o :wink:

Great news!

Any word on when we will get the version with the arp?
You are currently reading my signature.

that's post Musikmesse at least......... I imagine.
rsp
sound sculptist

djanthonyw wrote:Any word on when we will get the version with the arp?
Still trying to meet Musikmesse as a release date for a version of Diva with extra features.

We'll release another public beta in a few days, fixing the ACE cable issue, a notehanger issue (finally!) and hopefully a really strange issue that I'm looking into right now (Zebra ModMatrix #4 forgetness in VST2)

Sounds good, Urs. Looking forward to trying it.
You are currently reading my signature.

Did the betas expire on March first? I was using ACE and Diva today, and though the message says "registered", they suddenly started doing the demo crackling noise.

Also... it would be cool if the tab key moved between fields in the "save preset" dialogue box :)

a

Return to “u-he”