Public Beta 2: Everything u-he

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have found the cause for hanging notes with 99.99% certainty.

We'll schedule a new beta asap (I'm out of town, so I need to skype bugfixes to Clemens... slightly difficult, but should be doable for this one quickly)

Cheers,

Urs

MFXxx wrote:Simple error to fix, downloaded the latest Bazille installer and unzipped. The INSTALL+UPGRADE.pdf file refers to DIVA not Bazille.

Regards

M
Thanx!

Hi Krzysztof,

thanx, let's wait then for the new version with Urs' fixes. :)

I'm wondering about the detailed MIDI mapping in the betas - how complete is this supposed to be? Looking forward to diving in and building some comprehensive maps, but I do understand it's just one of many, many things to juggle :)

In particular, I probably didn't spend more than 15 minutes poking around, but some paging assignment did get a green outline to show up in ACE. I'm assuming the idea is a limited number of hardware knobs dynamically assigned to parameters in the current page, but didn't spot anything along those lines in the mapping menu. Should I explore further, or is this a 'To Be Continued' sort of thing?

xh3rv wrote:I'm wondering about the detailed MIDI mapping in the betas - how complete is this supposed to be? Looking forward to diving in and building some comprehensive maps, but I do understand it's just one of many, many things to juggle :)

In particular, I probably didn't spend more than 15 minutes poking around, but some paging assignment did get a green outline to show up in ACE. I'm assuming the idea is a limited number of hardware knobs dynamically assigned to parameters in the current page, but didn't spot anything along those lines in the mapping menu. Should I explore further, or is this a 'To Be Continued' sort of thing?
You may explore further, but for pages you need to create a "layout" in the MIDI assign file.

Actually, it all waits for me to finish the key input control. That and MIDI will allow you to nearly fully edit our stuff with just a 8-knob MIDI Controller. Even two knobs may be a big step forward once Key Input is done. Unfortuantely I had to interrupt my work on this due to other pressing issues...

Can't say when yet, we're really busy on all ends...

- Urs

Add this to the beginning of your ACE MIDI Assign file:

Code: Select all

Page1:Global, 14, 6, 0, 2
Page2:LFO1, 9, 4, 1, 3
Page3:LFO2, 10, 5, 2, 11
Page4:VCO1, 2, 7, 1, 5
Page5:VCO2, 3, 8, 4, 4
Page6:Mixer, 1, 14, 12, 7
Page7:VCF1, 4, 9, 6, 8
Page8:VCF2, 5, 10, 7, 12
Page9:ENV1, 7, 2, 14, 10
Page10:ENV2, 8, 3, 9, 13
Page11:Multiple1, 13, 12, 3, 1
Page12:Multiple2, 11, 13, 8, 6
Page13:Ramp, 12, 11, 10, 14
Page14:FX, 6, 1, 13, 9
1:112=none, pageLeft, 0, Encoder127, Yes //no parameter
1:113=none, pageRight, 0, Encoder127, Yes //no parameter
1:114=none, pageUp, 0, Encoder127, Yes //no parameter
1:115=none, pageDown, 0, Encoder127, Yes //no parameter
swap 112-115 for your MIDI buttons of choice, best some that are arranged like cursor keys

(this is where in future the keyboard control comes in handy... if one doesn't have MIDI buttons arranged that way)

oh... little explanation: Each Page is lsited with a number, a name and adjacent pages to left, right, top, bottom.

Now, each MIDI-learned parameter needs to look like this:

1:16=LFO1:Tune, integer, 2, Encoder127, Yes //LFO1:Tune

The "Yes" says that it's only active if the page (here: 2) is selected. So you can relearn each knob on each page, but it'll only work on that parameter that's on the active page (but don't ever learn a parameter that isn't on the page...)

If it says "No" then whatever parameter it controls, that page will become selected directly (unless page is 0)

ok... geeky stuff... we will document this at some point, and create an editor for the whole lot :lol:

Thanks for the outline, really appreciate it! A quick cut&paste is working as described, all the critical points are in the post so I'm confident I can :wheee: around the rest. In fact, pretty sure an MRI of my brain would just be a :wheee: bouncing around twiddling ACE knobs.

Maybe I'm doing something dumb here, but Logic is not recording automation data from a MIDI learned control. CC #16 is assigned to filter cutoff frequency. None of touch / latch / write mode are recording to the automation lane. Mouse action on the GUI is being recorded as automation.

The CC data is captured in normal record mode.

Edit: plugin name would be useful :oops:

DIVA rev 1391.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Maybe I'm doing something dumb here, but Logic is not recording automation data from a MIDI learned control. CC #16 is assigned to filter cutoff frequency. None of touch / latch / write mode are recording to the automation lane. Mouse action on the GUI is being recorded as automation.

Edit: plugin name would be useful :oops:

DIVA rev 1391.

Peace,
Andy.
Hmmm... we would have to propagate mouse gesture messages for automation to work. I'm not sure if the DSP part is supposed to do this...

Do other plugins commonly send automation data on MIDI learned parameters? - I always thought that you'd simply record the MIDI instead.

Btw. if my Mum in law pulls through, I'd love to meet up at Beer deLuxe again 8)

Urs wrote:Hmmm... we would have to propagate mouse gesture messages for automation to work. I'm not sure if the DSP part is supposed to do this...

Do other plugins commonly send automation data on MIDI learned parameters? - I always thought that you'd simply record the MIDI instead.
Ah, it's by design - OK!

Some plugins (including the Logic plugins + Alchemy) convert external control data directly to host automation in touch / latch / write mode. This makes real time overdubs a bit more convenient to deal with but MIDI CC is fine now that I know what to expect.
Btw. if my Mum in law pulls through, I'd love to meet up at Beer deLuxe again 8)
That would be great but family comes first, naturally. Let us know - I'm sure a few folks here would enjoy a cold beer or two in this weather :)

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Just wanted to note I got everything going with ACE, all knobs and everything else that seemed sensible browsed by paging. Integer and fine or fineSelected movement for knobs is perfect, and the visual feedback for paging takes so much of the clumsiness out of this relative to Automap or Ableton's device mapping I can't imagine using them again here, ever. Assuming keystrokes (or whatever for paging logic) and an editor, I don't know of anything that does MIDI mapping better.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:I'm sure a few folks here would enjoy a cold beer or two in this weather :)

Peace,
Andy.
Would love to have some of that summertime sadness, too. 1 (ONE!) degree celsius here atm. :wink:

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Maybe I'm doing something dumb here, but Logic is not recording automation data from a MIDI learned control. CC #16 is assigned to filter cutoff frequency. None of touch / latch / write mode are recording to the automation lane. Mouse action on the GUI is being recorded as automation.

I expected what you did. I would like the midi mapped automation to go to automation tracks, not midi cc events in the midi track. Easier to change after recording, I would think. (Diva)

Saw some weird things in ACE (VST3, 32-bit) between closing and opening the interface. Not always.
a) cables disappeared but the routing effect was still audible
b) new cables were visible, old cables invisible
c) cables changed colour
d) invisible cables but could reroute the source with right-mouse-click then they were visible

The error doesn't seem to be tied to the interface size. Is it a known bug? I didn't see the problem before today.

Also, I think ACE "forgot" the mapping I entered.

Cables changing colour is normal, it happens all the time.

If cables stay invisible then, hmmm, this might be yet another VST3-specific bug...

What do you mean by "mapping"?

Return to “u-he”