Public Beta 2: Everything u-he

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not trying to rub it in, but I just went to download -- no issues. Diva, for example, is a meager 17.9MB for Windows, much like I thought. It took a whopping 16 seconds for that one on my crappy Linux uber-outdated browser. Hope whatever it is that's giving trouble is resolved. Cheers!

The Telenator wrote:Not trying to rub it in, but I just went to download -- no issues. Diva, for example, is a meager 17.9MB for Windows, much like I thought. It took a whopping 16 seconds for that one on my crappy Linux uber-outdated browser. Hope whatever it is that's giving trouble is resolved. Cheers!
Yes.. and as I said earlier.. I can download Diva (and Zebra for that matter) without problem from the links provided... and pretty fast too. It's only the ZebraHZ file that has to be downloaded via the Support/Account page.. that seems to exhibit this problem.

[edit]requested and received a new serial number and all is fine now -- apparently v2.6 needs a new registration code[/edit]

A rather "strange" problem:

Every time I load Zebra v2.6 it shows being registered but shows that pop-up screen.

My Zebra data folder is: "D:\VstData\u-he\Zebra2.data"
(using win8-64 Zebra, Zebra v2.54 works fine)

just curious if the 10.5.8 installers fix is a go go go for the mac? (no rush obviously, and still grateful that you considered doing this.)
Why'd you slice off my hand?

gbevin wrote:
cheppner wrote:
gbevin wrote:Some very nice updates, thanks! Now that Diva supports VST3 per-note parameters, is it going to support voice-per-channel MIDI soon?
Uh-Oh. Does Cubase show that Diva has that feature? Because that would be a bug - it doesn't support vst3 per note parameters.
Other than that you have a good point - once we have vst3 per note parameters, we should also have per channel modulations :-)
I hadn't actually checked myself, one of the Eigenharp users said he tried it with the previous beta. I just tried with the latest and there are no VST3 per note expression parameters exposed, so forget I said anything :-)

However, I did play around a bit with using poly pressure for per-note modulations and it seems to work. Wouldn't that mean that a lot of the per-note architecture is in place?
Poly pressure doesn't work per note for me.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:Poly pressure doesn't work per note for me.
Q: How are you generating the poly-pressure? Note: To be recognized, poly-pressure needs to be received before channel pressure.

n6smith wrote:In case this is important, the total download time for the ZebraHZ file would be about 15 minutes... based on the speeds i get from your server... The Zebra file took 9 minutes and downloads successfully each time in Safari. (I tried 3 times to make sure) I have tried to download ZebraHZ roughly 8 times and each times it stops after about 10 minutes...

I should also clarify that the ZebraHZ download doesn't slow down to a stop. It continues to download at a steady 70KB/sec and then suddenly stops.
Hi n6smith,

I had to talk to our server provider to effectively increase the time limit. I can't tell if this fixes the problem though, because my own downloads are too fast.

Does it work for you now? (I increased it to 20 minutes - if that isn't enough we need to think about something else!)

Cheers,
- Clemens

Clemens,

No joy I'm afraid to say...

First try died after 3 minutes
Second try died after 8 minutes
Third try died after 6 minutes

Again, it doesn't seem to slow down to a crawl and then stop.. It just stops in mid flow.

If you would like a copy of my tracert, let me know and I'll PM it to you... but it shows nothing weird or bad about the route from here to your server..

What I don't understand is why your servers are so slow to me here.. They seem to be on a 'per connection' limiter of some kind because if i open up multiple connections to your server I get exactly the same sort of speed to each connection at the same time.. (Usually about 80KB/sec per connection) and I have a 15MB/sec connection here so i have plenty of bandwidth...

I do not have any issues downloading anything else from anywhere else i might add.. I've downloaded several updates and other files from both web and FTP servers over the last week without issue and some of those files have been much larger than yours.. including two 850MB files at 1.5MB/sec from servers in Hamburg and again, no issues at all...

Very puzzling...

I've been giving the latest version of Diva (1391 32-bit) a test in my host Reaper 4.32 32-bit running on Windows 7 64-bit and have discovered an odd bug.

In the patch I've linked to the pitch of the patch changes by an octave depending on the accuracy setting you choose. Draft/Fast are an octave lower than Great/Divine!!!

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 5403627174
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

Shifrin wrote:I've been giving the latest version of Diva (1391 32-bit) a test in my host Reaper 4.32 32-bit running on Windows 7 64-bit and have discovered an odd bug.

In the patch I've linked to the pitch of the patch changes by an octave depending on the accuracy setting you choose. Draft/Fast are an octave lower than Great/Divine!!!

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 5403627174
Noice one! Thanx for reporting. :)

I installed the new Diva beta, and ever since I've been getting a lot of hanging notes. Anyone else seeing this?

I've got 5 instances of Diva in the project, they all hang occasionally, bizarrely some more than others (a mono bassline with really minimal features is the worst offender, oddly enough). The only other factor I can think of is that the project was created with a previous version of Diva. It usually happens when I stop or move the sequence position, it's like it has a "note off" issue.

Diva (v1.2/1391) 32 Bit
Cubase 6 32 Bit
Windows 7 64 Bit

Let me know if you need any other info.

Big up the U-he crew!

Hi Krzysztof,

could you please send me that project? Would make it easier to reproduce this problem. :)

Hi Urs

Simple error to fix, downloaded the latest Bazille installer and unzipped. The INSTALL+UPGRADE.pdf file refers to DIVA not Bazille.

Regards

M

Krzysztof Oktalski wrote:I installed the new Diva beta, and ever since I've been getting a lot of hanging notes. Anyone else seeing this?

I've got 5 instances of Diva in the project, they all hang occasionally, bizarrely some more than others (a mono bassline with really minimal features is the worst offender, oddly enough). The only other factor I can think of is that the project was created with a previous version of Diva. It usually happens when I stop or move the sequence position, it's like it has a "note off" issue.

Diva (v1.2/1391) 32 Bit
Cubase 6 32 Bit
Windows 7 64 Bit

Let me know if you need any other info.

Big up the U-he crew!
I've had the same issue in Cubase. Mentioned it in the first beta thread a few times. I also brought it up in the Cubase forums.

I wasn't really able to pin down the cause. Is it possible you are looping and have some notes quantized past the loop end? I have no idea if this would cause DIVA to miss the MIDI note off, but it occurred to me at some point.

Have you checked the "Reset on Stop" checkbox in prefs under MIDI? That helps a bit.

Hey Fritze,

I just loaded it to try to send you a version and I can't get it to hang now no matter what I do; which is the opposite experience I had to last night. I'll keep trying but it's clearly circumstantial - I must of done something to get the behaviour. Seems solid as a rock now!

Hmmm...so I reverted back to the full project, left it playing whilst typing the above, came back in, nearly every instance had a hanging note. It seems pretty random - I can't get it to happen no matter what I try, but then it sometimes does it for seemingly no reason. I'll pay more attention to what's going on and try and work out how to repro. It's a bulky project and I wonder whether it momentarily maxs the CPU out now and if that's related. When I stripped the project back to nothing but the Diva instances, it certainly didn't happen.

Sorry for the lack of anything concrete.

Bill - I haven't tried that, I'll certainly give it a go - thanks! I did look for hanging midi notes but can't see anything odd.

Return to “u-he”