Public Beta3: Absoluhtely Everything

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:A decision has been made. This build will be released right after Musikmesse. We can't release it before because we'll be out of town for a week.
Sounds good. Take your time to do it right, we'll be here. :)

And knock 'em dead at messe yet again!

Hello

Here's an odd one. Seems that FCPX does not like uHe plugins. They pass validation, but crash the program when selected. Not a big issue as i do not tend to use the uHe plugins (filterscape, zebrify, ) in FCPX, but i though you'd like to know.

regards

Krzysztof

are these beta's supposed to be 64 bit VST for Mac OS? Ace in particular?

Ace doesn't show up in Live 9 64 bit, with the download from the first thread.

dw

dusted william wrote:are these beta's supposed to be 64 bit VST for Mac OS? Ace in particular?

dw
It should. Can you send us a screenshot of a freshly opened ACE 32-bit VST on your machine?

krzys wrote:Hello

Here's an odd one. Seems that FCPX does not like uHe plugins. They pass validation, but crash the program when selected. Not a big issue as i do not tend to use the uHe plugins (filterscape, zebrify, ) in FCPX, but i though you'd like to know.

regards

Krzysztof
I think FCP can't handle our input/output configurations even though they comply with the AU standard. Soundtrack and FCP have been crashing since the very beginning. I think I remember that one of the Apple guys looked into it some time in 2004-2005. Maybe they didn't find it important enough to fix it.

OTOH I'd appreciated the crash log sent to support at u-he dot com. If it's something new on our side then we might be able to fix it.

dusted william wrote:are these beta's supposed to be 64 bit VST for Mac OS? Ace in particular?

dw
Thanks for the pic. Can you get Live to rescan the plugins while holding the alt-key when pressing "rescan"?

It sounds a damn lot like the mysteriously vanishing Uhbik-P, which in the end was always a problem with a plugin blacklist file.

Urs wrote:

dw
Thanks for the pic. Can you get Live to rescan the plugins while holding the alt-key when pressing "rescan"?

It sounds a damn lot like the mysteriously vanishing Uhbik-P, which in the end was always a problem with a plugin blacklist file.
That worked :)

Thanks,

dw

I had a strange behaviour with Zebra using a VCF module (LP Xcite), playing some notes, with a certain level of cutoff, reso and drive.
Now, i don't know if it's a correct behaviour, but with some notes the output level raise until an unpleasant feedback.
Yesterday i was wearing a pair of headphone and i jumped off my couch!
(forgot to place a limiter).

I know fairly well Zebra, maybe i did something wrong, i'm not sure.

Anyway, sent the patch to "anybody" at u-he.

raikard233 wrote:I know fairly well Zebra, maybe i did something wrong, i'm not sure.

Anyway, sent the patch to "anybody" at u-he.
Hmmm.... that's quite annoying, indeed. It's the fast modulation from the LFO with teh low slew rate. If the filter frequency tunes into it, the the resonance explodes.

I haven't seen it do that before, but I guess it must have been possible.

I'll keep an eye on it, and we'll make sure it won't happen in the new filters we're doing. If we can't reproduce it with previous versions then we'll see what's changed.

- Urs

There's one thing I've just noticed using Diva rev 1459 in Reaper 4.32 that is quite weird - when I enable Multicore I actually get HIGHER CPU usage (up to 10-15% more)! Hmmm...

Also, ACE still not supporting switching skins via interface? :(

Sorry, maybe it's already been discussed.
In ACE after a while missing all my favourite preset tags (I've made a few days ago), the cause is not revealed.
Moreover, Now i am trying to put the fav. stars and close\open - host\plugin - marks remain.
Why then my old marks was erased ? (plugin is not reinstalled, any such action is was not doing).

(ps However, yesterday installed Tyrell6, maybe this..)
Last edited by c_voltage on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote:There's one thing I've just noticed using Diva rev 1459 in Reaper 4.32 that is quite weird - when I enable Multicore I actually get HIGHER CPU usage (up to 10-15% more)! Hmmm...

Also, ACE still not supporting switching skins via interface? :(
Multicore option may perform worse on old CPUs. What is your CPU?

i5 M480 2.67 GHz, Toshiba laptop, one year old.

FYI I discovered that you can right click on the registration boxes to paste in Diva and Zebra, but not in Uhbik.
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

So, here's a yet even more final round of final testing:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 28#5336628

Return to “u-he”