Public Beta3: Absoluhtely Everything

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Posted in the Beta forum already.. there seems to be a problem with all vst3 in 64 bit, didn't check 32 bit yet. when i open them in cubase 6.5.3 64bit on win. First when i load the vst on an instrument track and open it, only a small window appears. After closing and reopening it, it opens up in normal size with no problem, when i try to resize it then, it keeps the window size but doubles the GUI. Don't know how to explain better.

I just quickly tested MIDI control of Diva and ACE, and I'm sorry to say that I still find it to be quite a dysfunctional and unusable mess. Neither 7 nor 14 bit continuous controller support seems to work as expected (tried in different hosts, with different versions of the plug-ins). In most cases, the LSB is completely ignored, in some others, various weird things happen.

For example, for the Attack of the first envelope in Diva, the LSB is treated as the MSB, and the MSB is ignored. For another, for the filter cut-off, the LSB seems to work, but the MSB is completely ignored.

With ACE, in some cases the MSB seems to be ignored as well, where the LSB only affects a small part of the parameter range. This is the case for e.g. the Attack of the first envelope, the Decay and Release parameters of the second envelope, and the VCF1 FreqModDepth1 parameter.

Also, the MIDI channel used seems to be completely ignored. Imho this is quite a major problem, because we can only use 32 CC# pairs per MIDI channel in 14 bit mode, while u-he's plug-ins have many more parameters that we may wish to control via MIDI CC#. Thus, we should really be able to use the same CC#s on different MIDI channels for different plug-in parameters.

Hopefully this will be fixed before public release?

Ch00rD wrote:I just quickly tested MIDI control of Diva and ACE, and I'm sorry to say that I still find it to be quite a dysfunctional and unusable mess. Neither 7 nor 14 bit continuous controller support seems to work as expected (tried in different hosts, with different versions of the plug-ins). In most cases, the LSB is completely ignored, in some others, various weird things happen.

For example, for the Attack of the first envelope in Diva, the LSB is treated as the MSB, and the MSB is ignored. For another, for the filter cut-off, the LSB seems to work, but the MSB is completely ignored.

With ACE, in some cases the MSB seems to be ignored as well, where the LSB only affects a small part of the parameter range. This is the case for e.g. the Attack of the first envelope, the Decay and Release parameters of the second envelope, and the VCF1 FreqModDepth1 parameter.
Aaaah, if it works or not depends on what is being sent by the controller first! (MSB or LSB)

This will be fixed in the release.
Ch00rD wrote:Also, the MIDI channel used seems to be completely ignored. Imho this is quite a major problem, because we can only use 32 CC# pairs per MIDI channel in 14 bit mode, while u-he's plug-ins have many more parameters that we may wish to control via MIDI CC#. Thus, we should really be able to use the same CC#s on different MIDI channels for different plug-in parameters.
This is a feature that we're unable to fix in the short time before the release but it's on our list of things we would like to do and will be done in a later version!

Cheers,
- Clemens

Suloo wrote:Posted in the Beta forum already.. there seems to be a problem with all vst3 in 64 bit, didn't check 32 bit yet. when i open them in cubase 6.5.3 64bit on win. First when i load the vst on an instrument track and open it, only a small window appears. After closing and reopening it, it opens up in normal size with no problem, when i try to resize it then, it keeps the window size but doubles the GUI. Don't know how to explain better.
I answered in the beta forum, too (Just repeating it here as you posted it here, too).
I can't reproduce that here. After deleting all Cubase VST2 plugin files Cubase rescanned all plugins and all was fine here.

cheppner wrote:
Ch00rD wrote:[…]
Aaaah, if it works or not depends on what is being sent by the controller first! (MSB or LSB)

This will be fixed in the release.
Ah, good catch. Thanks!
cheppner wrote:
Ch00rD wrote:Also, the MIDI channel used seems to be completely ignored. […]
This is a feature that we're unable to fix in the short time before the release but it's on our list of things we would like to do and will be done in a later version!

Cheers,
- Clemens
Great to hear that as well, Clemens. Cheers! :)

Fritze wrote:
Suloo wrote:Posted in the Beta forum already.. there seems to be a problem with all vst3 in 64 bit, didn't check 32 bit yet. when i open them in cubase 6.5.3 64bit on win. First when i load the vst on an instrument track and open it, only a small window appears. After closing and reopening it, it opens up in normal size with no problem, when i try to resize it then, it keeps the window size but doubles the GUI. Don't know how to explain better.
I answered in the beta forum, too (Just repeating it here as you posted it here, too).
I can't reproduce that here. After deleting all Cubase VST2 plugin files Cubase rescanned all plugins and all was fine here.

hm..unlucky for me then. :cry: :D well, i just don't resize then..

Urs & others,
Because I had trouble with my Dark Zebra/ZebraHZ (which I purchased on February 25th, 2013), Howard e-mailed me the update on March 18, 2013, but that was probably the "Aargh broken" one for a Mac. I'm sure Howard was sincerely trying to help, though that update made things worse, and I have no GUI on the Dark Zebra, and the notes play back in Cubase LE4 in the wrong pitch. So today, I did the update on the regular Zebra to 2.6, and I have GUI on that. So now I'm trying to do the latest update on Dark Zebra/ZebraHZ. I logged on to the u-he.com for the first time ever today; it shows that I have a registered copy of regular Zebra, but the Dark Zebra/ZebraHZ doesn't show up: perhaps because I bought it fairly recently (it does say sound sets are only updated once a month, but don't know if that includes Dark Zebra/ZebraHZ), so I don't see how I can do the latest Dark Zebra/ZebraHZ update there. I tried overwriting the "Aargh broken" version with the original Dark Zebra/ZebraHZ I bought weeks ago, but still no GUI. I didn't do an un-install, I don't know how at this point. I did send a help request to u-he support explaining my latest problem (after logging on to u-he.com) about an hour ago. If I can't update to the latest Dark Zebra/ZebraHZ soon, I want to go back to the original version I had in February.

Aaron, please send an email to support at u-he dot com and we'll add your missing TDZ license.

One of the next big things is adding functionality to also have soundbank purchases in the system straight away...

Hi,

I sent u-he support a couple messages yesterday from my account and haven't heard anything back. After installing zebra 2 I nolonger see zebrahz, and I'm assuming it's because I have to download the new beta for it like all the others, but I do not see it in my account or anywhere else. How do I get zebrahz back???

Thanks

aaron aardvark wrote:Urs & others,
Hi,

sorry for the probs, Sir! I just added the Dark Zebra to your support account. :)

Dnzp wrote:Hi,

I sent u-he support a couple messages yesterday from my account and haven't heard anything back. After installing zebra 2 I nolonger see zebrahz, and I'm assuming it's because I have to download the new beta for it like all the others, but I do not see it in my account or anywhere else. How do I get zebrahz back???

Thanks
Hi Dave,

please concider the different time zone we're living in! Your first email arrived here yesterday at 7:30pm local time Berlin, Germany! :wink:
I added the Dark Zebra to your account and sent you an email with more details.

Thanks Fritze! Sorry to seem impatient, just wanted to speak up in case I got lost in the shuffle!

Important information for owners of The Dark Zebra / ZebraHZ:

Installing Zebra2 v2.6 will overwrite your ZebraHZ 2.5 installation. This means you also need to install the new Dark Zebra beta. ZebraHZ then asks to be registered, using your normal Zebra2 codes. Recommendation: Retrieve your Zebra2 serial and ZebraHZ from our support site first, then install betas. If you do not have an account at u-he, we highly recommend setting one up!

(and if The Dark Zebra isn't listed in your account yet - send mail to support@u-he.com first!)

Thanks for the new betas guys, much appreciated. Hopefully no more hanging notes :)

Thanks for the extras added onto zebra/zebrahz...wasn't expecting that!

I wanted to mention that every time I close/reopen zebra2 or zebrahz in Logic that the GUI does something funky. For a split second after the window opens, modmappers 1-4 can be seen in the modulators pane, laying on top of what is supposed to be there for that patch. In the generators pane, it will show one VCF, and sometimes an OSC that is half cut off (it's high enough up in the pane that you only see the bottom) before all the patch specific modules snap into place.

Like I said, this all takes place in the span of about a second. Definitely not a big deal to me, but it happens every time so I thought it best to mention it.

Return to “u-he”