u-he @ Musikmesse 2013

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:
billcarroll wrote:I can't wait to hear more about this new Digital oscillator module for Diva :)
It's got two oscillators. Each with 8 waveforms. Each waveforms has two "Control" parameters that can be modulated.

Most notably:

- TriangleMod: Does a foldback-distorted triangle wave combined with a symmetry-warp function
- SuperSaw: Does a sawtooth with 6 additional sawtooth mixed in, ad variable detune
- Feedback: Does a sawtooth with distorted feedback at variable (tuned) delay and gain
- Noise: Does noise with adjustable bandpass filtering and cutoff
- PWM: Does PWM with an invented-by-u-he pseudo-resonance control
- plus another sawtooth and triangle waveform

Both oscillators can interact by Ringmodulation, Sync and Crossmodulation.

I guess you'll all easily guess where this is coming from ;-)

Rather impressive set of capabilities there!

IF you guys keep up this impressive show, Sooner or later your gonna have people who get tattoos of the U-he logo on themselves like some Reason users.

Last edited by V0RT3X on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Urs, give us some more info about satin. I'm intrigued. Will it be modeled after a particular machine or be a collection of tape characteristics? Are you going to wait until later to announce pricing?

-Sam

Urs wrote:
billcarroll wrote:I can't wait to hear more about this new Digital oscillator module for Diva :)
It's got two oscillators. Each with 8 waveforms. Each waveforms has two "Control" parameters that can be modulated.

Most notably:

- TriangleMod: Does a foldback-distorted triangle wave combined with a symmetry-warp function
- SuperSaw: Does a sawtooth with 6 additional sawtooth mixed in, ad variable detune
- Feedback: Does a sawtooth with distorted feedback at variable (tuned) delay and gain
- Noise: Does noise with adjustable bandpass filtering and cutoff
- PWM: Does PWM with an invented-by-u-he pseudo-resonance control
- plus another sawtooth and triangle waveform

Both oscillators can interact by Ringmodulation, Sync and Crossmodulation.

I guess you'll all easily guess where this is coming from ;-)
Does anyone else feel they are being spoiled by u-he?

no :|

and I am sure all of this additional stuff is without extra cost to us...

this along with the quality of course, is why u-he stuff is in my short list of developers that I would buy their new stuff immediately.

rsp

V0RT3X wrote:IF you guys keep up this impressive show, Sooner or later your gonna have people who get tattoos of the U-he logo on themselves like some Reason users.

If Urs were to make some U-He stickers I would proudly display it right next to my Moog sticker! (Especially if he made an ACE or Uhbik sticker) :hihi:

Exciting developments with Diva and Bazille. Good luck and wishes from here!
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

masterhiggins wrote:Urs, give us some more info about satin. I'm intrigued. Will it be modeled after a particular machine or be a collection of tape characteristics? Are you going to wait until later to announce pricing?
I'll be sitting down with Sascha today to prepare the final touches of the user interface. Maybe we can have a more or less accurate screenshot then.

Basically... Satin is not just a tape emulation. I'm thinking of it as "all of tape" :shock:

Without being modelled after specific gear like Diva, Satin still has a mix and match approach. There are various pre-equalisation and post-equalisation curves to choose from as well as various noise reduction techniques and a choice of tape speed, plus a few head/gain adjustments. The sound of tape ranges from subtle to drastic. The adjustable noise level is irresistable 8)

On top of that we've added a choice of typical tape applications:
  • as a tape emulation it can glue a mix, and there's easy control for up to 8 groups of Satins that share the same settings
  • as a sound design tool it crunches, compresses, expands, "makes 3D"
  • in delay mode it does for a bloody damn fine tape delay (2 or 4 heads)
  • in flanger mode it lets you "fly in" flanging just like in the olden days
  • as a restauration tool it can "repair" recordings that were made with one machine and digitised from another
In tradition of u-he, Satin is to tape what MFM2 is to delay or what Filterscape is to equalisation. The CPU usage is on par with other tape emulations we've tried. While it doesn't sound exactly like any specific machine, we're confident that Satin behaves very much like those machines would.

Screenshot follows...

- Urs

Great to see this is coming to fruition, Urs. Can hardly wait. The render on page 1 is simply divine :love:

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Thanks Andy :)

Yea awesome Urs and the u-he crew, many thanks for keeping us inspired! Hope i can attend to musikmesse this year, would be my first time. :)

U-He, definitely: :love:

Bazille is one of my favourite synth, because of it i started to building, for fun, my own DIY modular eurorack.
Bazille and ACE are responsible for my fall in love with "spaghetti modulars".
The interface looks really promising!

The new Diva digital modules looks really interesting and will open this amazing synth to new possibilities with her cool filters without mentioning the arpeggiator.
:hyper:

I agree with Debby747, Presswerk is an amazing name for a compressor!

If i'll get my billings be paid by my clients in time, i'll make a call to my uncle and book a flight for Frankfurt! Sure!

Bazille, Satin, Presswerk... I have to start saving money !
Bazille v1 looks stunning, how will it be different from current beta ?

nilhartman wrote:Bazille v1 looks stunning, how will it be different from current beta ?
Mwah-ha-haaaah! ;-)

Howard wrote:
nilhartman wrote:Bazille v1 looks stunning, how will it be different from current beta ?
Mwah-ha-haaaah! ;-)
:cool:
... space is the place ...

Return to “u-he”