tyrell V3 released

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't get from description: Does v3 support v2 gui?
Murderous duck!

As I remember one of the restrictions on the usage of Tyrell 3, is that it can't be distributed as magware, and yet it is included on the Beat DVD#91.

Did they get special permission?

Numanoid wrote:As I remember one of the restrictions on the usage of Tyrell 3, is that it can't be distributed as magware, and yet it is included on the Beat DVD#91.

Did they get special permission?
They asked ;)

I tryed the Tyrell before, but very briefly.

Yesterday I played Tyrell more, and I have to say that it is just amazing synth, with great synthesis possibilities and very very good sound. It also has its own character. I dare to say it is better than many (if not most) commercial synthesizers.

Strong sound. Tasty sound. Lush sound. Definitive sound. I even have the illusion (or not?) that it has more clarity in detuned sounds (detuned oscillators with some unison) than Zebra. In Zebra this type of sounds appears more muddy in my hands.

And, U-he, about old dispute that Sine (and other simple forms) carriers are enough for FM-synthesis in Zebra: Tyrell (and Diva too) shows that advanced carriers are great things. For (one of many) example: Tasmodia - Slicer. PWMed carrier is a nice thing!

trance_lucent wrote:And, U-he, about old dispute that Sine (and other simple forms) carriers are enough for FM-synthesis in Zebra: Tyrell (and Diva too) shows that advanced carriers are great things. For (one of many) example: Tasmodia - Slicer. PWMed carrier is a nice thing!
But that's analogue FM - literally modulating the oscillator frequency. In classic DX-style FM however the phase gets modulated :)

Urs wrote:
trance_lucent wrote:And, U-he, about old dispute that Sine (and other simple forms) carriers are enough for FM-synthesis in Zebra: Tyrell (and Diva too) shows that advanced carriers are great things. For (one of many) example: Tasmodia - Slicer. PWMed carrier is a nice thing!
But that's analogue FM - literally modulating the oscillator frequency. In classic DX-style FM however the phase gets modulated :)
Well, then I want analogue FM in Zebra. :)

trance_lucent wrote:
Urs wrote:
Well, then I want analogue FM in Zebra. :)
On the ToDo list for V3 :oops:

Hi all.

Tyrell is amazing :love:

I have a cuestion about presets.
Presets that have made with Tyrell v3 are backward compatible with v2?

Thanks!

Just a heads up about this nice synthesizer workshop using Tyrell N6, in german, by the guys from Bonedo.de: http://www.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansi ... asics.html Probably already a bit older, but i wasn't at all aware of that. Seems to be pretty comprehensive, and nicely suited for people beginning with synthesis. And who understand german of course. ;)

Is there a way to produce the sound of Tyrell V1 in the latest version? Specifically, the "HS Chordula" preset, which sounds quite different in newer versions, it seems due to the changes in the oscillators.

(Alternatively, is there a way to make V1 and V3 coexist? EDIT: it works if I rename the V1 dll and install V3's data folder to a different location.)

bensw wrote:Is there a way to produce the sound of Tyrell V1 in the latest version?
I really should recreate those few messed up HS presets (including Chordula) for the later versions. I'm having trouble making the VST version of V1 visible to Reaper while V3 is installed as AU... I'll ask the guys.

bensw wrote:Is there a way to produce the sound of Tyrell V1 in the latest version? Specifically, the "HS Chordula" preset, which sounds quite different in newer versions, it seems due to the changes in the oscillators.
In V1 the Stack Voice T-Mod was different.
To fix in V3: Set T-Mod1 and T-Mod2 to half value (3.51 instead of 7.02).

To get the same global tuning you would have set the transpose to 15.5 but this is not possible, only integers are allowed. The Detune knob does not help because it tunes the stacked voices in opposite directions.

EDIT: Attached the fixed patch. (Using a slow Sqr-LFO1 to correct the global tuning)
Turn Chorus off to get the V1 version.

Demo:
Original vs. Fixed version of HS Chordula on Tyrell V3:
http://chris-s.bplaced.net/div/chordula_fix_demo.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Excellent, Chris :-)

Return to “u-he”