Roadmap Changes :-)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, yes, yes... our estimates were wrong (but closer than normal!)

We decided to push AAX support onto the top priority spot while Sascha works on some additional features for Satin. Satin was nearly finished when the public buzz brought up some good points that needed to be thought about.

This moves the roadmap as follows:

AAX support on Mac almost finished, goes beta in June, AAX Windows maybe end of June. We hope for a short beta phase and quick releases (all plugins)

Satin beta in June (while Sascha is on vacation), estimated release mid of July (after AAX is set in stone). We can't release Satin before Sascha's holidays, and he's got the second half of June off.

Diva 1.3 may come late June, early July. It's a good time for Clemens and me to concentrate on Diva while Sascha is gone.

Bazille has a worse standing because it's an "Urs-project" and I always need to support Sascha and Clemens in their projects, it may come in late July or August even.

- Urs

thanks for the update.
rsp
sound sculptist

Just to be clear (the mud round my way is particularly opaque :hihi: ), are you saying the Beta of Satin will be available at some point towards the end of June whilst Sascha is on vacation and the "release" is the proper release and is to happen after Sascha is back from vacation.

Sorry, it just seems a bit weird that you have a Beta out whilst the main Dev is on holiday. Maybe Sascha is so confident that there will be no bugs to speak of during the Beta
8)

Dunc wrote:Sorry, it just seems a bit weird that you have a Beta out whilst the main Dev is on holiday. Maybe Sascha is so confident that there will be no bugs to speak of during the Beta
8)
Well, to me it makes perfect sense.

He releases the beta, goes get some rest. And while he's back, he fixes all the bugs and release it.

Bazille has a worse standing because it's an "Urs-project" and I always need to support Sascha and Clemens in their projects, it may come in late July or August even.

- Urs[/quote]'

gimme the beta and everything is fine..... :D

too bad that it's the the "urs-project" that is by far the most interesting new product to me...
oh, well...

Man Bazille is what I'm most waiting for. Guess I have to wait some more..........I think I can

thanks for the updates Urs.. it's nice to know...

AAX is some necessary evil. so many formats!

i'm excited for satin and bazille.

happy coding to the Uhe crew.

How about Y'all just take your time and get them out when they are ready. U-he products are worth my time waiting for.
AF

Urs or others,
Any new estimate on Zebra 3?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

So...what kinds of changes to Satin?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:So...what kinds of changes to Satin?
Nothing spectacular. The version we had at Frankfurt Messe just wasn't ready yet. It matured in the meantime (got variable crosstalk, works properly at 96k and 192k sample rates), but apart from fixing a couple of issues, we'll still have some stuff to finalize (the analyzer in the 'service' panel, parameter smoothing, latency compensation etc.). And we'll have to implement delay-time sync, as often requested.

While typing this, I have the manual draft open, which is going to be very comprehensive and will explain the concepts of magnetic recording quite profoundly, which I think is essential in order to understand the controls in the 'service' panel and use the 'taping' process to its best.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

aaron aardvark wrote:Urs or others,
Any new estimate on Zebra 3?
Why even ask?

I, too, am excited for a new Zebby. But we know that it won't happen until after AAX, Satin, Diva update, Bazille. So any kind of ETA will be subject to delay, and will leave people "disappointed" as some are now for not getting to try Satin in May.

Enjoy the suspense.

Don't expect a due date for a project that is not even at the top of their list.

(In my humble opinion, of course.)

sascha wrote:...............And we'll have to implement delay-time sync, as often requested.
:-)
very happy now :-)
thanks
rsp

sascha wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:So...what kinds of changes to Satin?
Nothing spectacular. The version we had at Frankfurt Messe just wasn't ready yet. It matured in the meantime (got variable crosstalk, works properly at 96k and 192k sample rates), but apart from fixing a couple of issues, we'll still have some stuff to finalize (the analyzer in the 'service' panel, parameter smoothing, latency compensation etc.). And we'll have to implement delay-time sync, as often requested.

While typing this, I have the manual draft open, which is going to be very comprehensive and will explain the concepts of magnetic recording quite profoundly, which I think is essential in order to understand the controls in the 'service' panel and use the 'taping' process to its best.

It would be nice to see a moving tape like in Slate Tape Machine.
I think it makes a big difference.

Return to “u-he”