Satin rev1973 public beta testing

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Arrested Developer wrote:
Urs wrote:If you have multiple Satin GUIs open, don't use too many with the bottom settings panel visible. The analyser requires a second instance of Satin to run internally, which may almost double CPU usage
Hi Urs,
unfortunately this didn't solve the issue.
What I'm wondering is why the 7th and 8th core aren't adressed at all.
Hmmm... how much RAM do you have? - Maybe there's a point when Logic suddenly needs to page out memory to the harddrive. Are you certain that you're using rev 1973? - We have vastly reduced memory usage in 1973.
In another project i have a CPU-heavy Zebra-Pad with Satin behind it.
It causes the weird situation that one core has an overload while the other ones are near (or at) 0 %
Well, as Zebra and Satin sit on the same channel, Logic can not distribute the processing load without adding latency. Logic can only possibly do this if the track isn't selected and/or if the plug-ins in question sit on different tracks.

Urs wrote: Hmmm... how much RAM do you have? - Maybe there's a point when Logic suddenly needs to page out memory to the harddrive. Are you certain that you're using rev 1973? - We have vastly reduced memory usage in 1973.
I have 16 GB Ram (more is not possible in my MBP) and an internal 250 GB SSD harddisk
Satin is rev 1973
Urs wrote:
In another project i have a CPU-heavy Zebra-Pad with Satin behind it.
It causes the weird situation that one core has an overload while the other ones are near (or at) 0 %
Well, as Zebra and Satin sit on the same channel, Logic can not distribute the processing load without adding latency. Logic can only possibly do this if the track isn't selected and/or if the plug-ins in question sit on different tracks.
To eliminate the problem with the same track i routed the Zebra on a bus and inserted Satin on that bus (instead of inserting it in the instrument). It didn't made any difference.
Also i went down to 1024 latency (which is the max possible with my audio interface) without really having a benefit.

Arrested Developer wrote:To eliminate the problem with the same track i routed the Zebra on a bus and inserted Satin on that bus (instead of inserting it in the instrument). It didn't made any difference.
Also i went down to 1024 latency (which is the max possible with my audio interface) without really having a benefit.
Hmmm, I think this wouldn't make any difference. Satin would always have to be processed after Zebra, hence it can't be distributed to another CPU for parallel processing. Sorry, my description wasn't clear enough.

Hmmm. I'm really curious about this. I can't think of any plausible reason that would cause such a hike in CPU.

Btw. is there a chance you can send us a Logic project file?

I was testing a little more to check the CPU consumption.

Went a little crazy today :

Opened a VSTi (zebra drived by WOK's CLOCKWOrK) and one empty audio file.

One tracked processed, one track didn't.

Armed both with Satin.

Set latency to 64 (I'm on 9550, yes ?... kind of Dinosaur. and not impersonating one...)

Turns out that each instance consumes 8-10% BUT upon opening the interface, CPU goes wild. close the interface, and everything back to normal. it turned out that I can open (in 64 samples latency) 9 intances that way, which is enough for me, for the time being (I tend to precess only stems and the 2bus).

zvenx wrote:out of curiosity why do you need it to run on jbridge?
rsp
The answer to this question is already given by the screenshots.

Installed the 1973 beta today, but it still says build 1900!?
Should it, or may something odd have happened during installation?

Edit - something odd happened, now it's fixed, it says 1973 alright!

But I have this question:
The VST3 version in Wavelab, do I need to re-register to make it work..?
VST2 works fine.

::
Mads

mljung wrote:Installed the 1973 beta today, but it still says build 1900!?
Should it, or may something odd have happened during installation?

Edit - something odd happened, now it's fixed, it says 1973 alright!

But I have this question:
The VST3 version in Wavelab, do I need to re-register to make it work..?
VST2 works fine.

Mads
Something is odd in Wavelab. I fixed something, but not all of it.

We'll post new builds asap (today was a bit of other stuff going on here, so maybe tomorrow)

Urs wrote: Something is odd in Wavelab. I fixed something, but not all of it.

We'll post new builds asap (today was a bit of other stuff going on here, so maybe tomorrow)
Ok Thanks - it's not the first time I heard about oddities in Wavelab, but looking forward to the fix...

Mads

Getting the cutting out bug again, hasn't happened in a while but on the masterbuss with Satin sometimes it is cutting out, after playing around with options.

It seems to be when using the A Type Compander alike before but now simply changing the A Type Compander to something else or off and then bypassing and unbypassing to make it work again, isn't working.. It just goes dead and I have to load another instance.

I've just upgraded from Cubase 5 to 7.

Also even though the load time is much faster, it now seems to take a couple of seconds for Satin to close, only usually the first time you open it though, which isn't too bad, just a point to note.

Also I have a question about Tape in general.. Is the master tape on the same Machine as the Multitrack tape?? Or is it 2 different machines? So would it be Tape> Console> Master Tape?? And then how did it work with Mastering? Master Tape> Processing> Master Tape?

Thanks.

in the last step it is going to the vinyl master, the 'mother matrix' or something called like that.

Hmm, also, with NR in the real world how did it work as in is it applied to individual channels or the masterbuss or both?

mljung wrote:
Urs wrote: Something is odd in Wavelab. I fixed something, but not all of it.

Ok Thanks - it's not the first time I heard about oddities in Wavelab, but looking forward to the fix...

Mads
Was a new beta ever released?

I'm still at rev 1973 and I'm not sure if that's the latest.

rev1973 is the latest.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Sorry, this seems to be a difficult one. Got caught up in meetings today but I managed to plaster the code with debug messages. By tomorrow I hope we'll be able to narrow it down to either a threading problem, or something else. Unless of course printing debug messages hides the threading problem :cry:

Return to “u-he”