Diva 1.3.0b3 (r1973)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

There's definitively something wrong when a project with Diva is saved and then later loaded.

E.g. LFO sync isn't recalled correctly.

Here's the factory patch Lead/HS Prodigal when loaded in a new Diva instance:

And here it is after I re-opened the project:

(click the images to open them)

Note the changed LFO sync values (1s vs 0.1s)

I'm using Reaper 4.54 and the latest Diva version. The same occurs when the plugin is moved/copied from one track to another. Somehow it doesn't persist its state correctly.

And e.g. Polysynth/HS Vocal Clav is one semitone off (low) when recalled - Transpose is -13 instead of -12 (which has been mentioned before, but here's a specific preset).

pdxindy wrote:
Breeze wrote:...BTW: it seems that patches saved with Rev 1959 seem to forget their LFO sync times and default to 0.1s.
Have you tried Rev1973?
Just did. Same thing: patches saved with LFOs set to 1s load in with LFOs at 0.1s.

UPDATE: looks like someone else noticed it too, QED.

this is so sick Uhe. loving the Digi OSC!
and also the uhbie. its play time ont he weekend i guess.
is there a new beta out before the weekend?

i'm wondering what that uncompressed data is int he presets?

in relation to my request of being able to mix the noise of the jupiter6 module, actually I think there is a better way that will benefit all of the dual vcos in diva , including the new digital one.
all the current dual vcos including the digital one force you to waste an oscillator if you want to have some noise in a sound (becoming then single oscillator synths..) ...the only exception is the jupiter6 module which allows to play multiple shapes at once (therefore I thought it was a good idea at least there to have a mix for the noise).
but actually a global noise generator would make things easier and effectively transform them all in 2vcos + noise.
in the global/system noise parameters
-pre filter : noise generator before the filter (for common use)
-post filter: noise generator after the filter (VCA noisefloor)
-pre+post : adds noise both before and after the filter
-white/pink led switch for type of noise (same noise of the moog module will do).
this is the only place i could find some space for it.

olikana wrote:

yes, please...
Padamantium - 100 Pads for Repro-5 available now @ The Patchbay.
Also packs for TAL-UNO-LX, Oddity 2, TAL-Bassline101 https://thepatchbay.co.uk/creator/kimik/

I shouldn't have donloaded this beta, I had to buy the damn thing! :)

olikana wrote:in relation to my request of being able to mix the noise of the jupiter6 module, actually I think there is a better way that will benefit all of the dual vcos in diva , including the new digital one.
all the current dual vcos including the digital one force you to waste an oscillator if you want to have some noise in a sound (becoming then single oscillator synths..) ...the only exception is the jupiter6 module which allows to play multiple shapes at once (therefore I thought it was a good idea at least there to have a mix for the noise).
but actually a global noise generator would make things easier and effectively transform them all in 2vcos + noise.
in the global/system noise parameters
-pre filter : noise generator before the filter (for common use)
-post filter: noise generator after the filter (VCA noisefloor)
-pre+post : adds noise both before and after the filter
-white/pink led switch for type of noise (same noise of the moog module will do).
this is the only place i could find some space for it.

The Triple VCO already has its own noise without using an Osc
So does the DCO
And like you said, the Dual VCO can be combined

I don't like the idea of another entirely separate noise... I'm happy with it as is but just would like more control over the level of noise in the Dual VCO (your original suggestion). I'd just be happy if there were a second noise as a checkbox in the Dual VCO and one can check low, medium, or both to create the current level.

pdxindy wrote:

The Triple VCO already has its own noise without using an Osc
So does the DCO
And like you said, the Dual VCO can be combined

I don't like the idea of another entirely separate noise... I'm happy with it as is but just would like more control over the level of noise in the Dual VCO (your original suggestion). I'd just be happy if there were a second noise as a checkbox in the Dual VCO and one can check low, medium, or both to create the current level.
if I use the triple vco I cannnot use the cool hpf filters.
also what about the new digital oscillator? if you make a patch with pulse + saw and want to mix in some noise...you can't.
same goes for the korg vco.....
a system noise would benefit at least 2 of the dual vcos transforming them effectively into 2vocs+noise.
not to mention the system noise could also act as post filter , therefore as noisefloor (a common FR).
so it really would be the most flexible solution . and btw most of the time noise gnerators are oscillator indipendet (so a separate thing ).
in any case i'm not suggesting to remove the noise waveforms from any of the oscillators....but just a system option to fall back on when needing to mix in some noise without sacrificing an oscillator and also for noisefloor if needed.
and it's there in the back as a modification. so people who don't care for it can carry on as if nothing had changed.
Last edited by olikana on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gotta say, nice call on having the knob labels for the digital osc change based on which wave shape you pick. Much easier to tell what you're doing.

Ingonator wrote: Could confirm that here. A new instance starts with a Transpose setting of -14.

I used my own Init sound for my own patches (the few i did with the new version so far) so i did not notice it there.

Ingo
First instance is -14, next instance(s) is -13. Seems strange...

But, awesome new stuff, anyway.

olikana wrote:
if I use the triple vco I cannnot use the cool hpf filters.
also what about the new digital oscillator? if you make a patch with pulse + saw and want to mix in some noise...you can't.
same goes for the korg vco.....
a system noise would benefit at least 2 of the dual vcos transforming them effectively into 2vocs+noise.
not to mention the system noise could also act as post filter , therefore as noisefloor (a common FR).
so it really would be the most flexible solution . and btw most of the time noise gnerators are oscillator indipendet (so a separate thing ).
in any case i'm not suggesting to remove the noise waveforms from any of the oscillators....but just a system option to fall back on when needing to mix in some noise without sacrificing an oscillator and also for noisefloor if needed.
and it's there in the back as a modification. so people who don't care for it can carry on as if nothing had changed.
Of course you are free to suggest what you wish. I appreciate the limitations in Diva and do not want to over-featurize her. But specifically about this suggestion, I do not like it cause I would have to switch tabs to see it.

a lock button for the arp would be nice, so that when you change presets it stays on and holds settings.
Padamantium - 100 Pads for Repro-5 available now @ The Patchbay.
Also packs for TAL-UNO-LX, Oddity 2, TAL-Bassline101 https://thepatchbay.co.uk/creator/kimik/

A question to the new Digital Oszillator:

Is there a possiblity to reverse the LFO for one of the two oszillators?
E.G. when i route LFO2 for both OSCs to CTRL2, i'd like the Lfo reaching its minimum for OSC1 at the same time
when it hits the maximum for OSC2.

I think this would make sense in many situations!
(sorry if i've overseen something...)

Just one expression: Holy shit. This was one amazing update.

I never listen to trancestyle music and I rarely even attempted but I've been more or less enchanted since installing this beta version of Diva.
I'll probably make tons of similar sounding trance style tunes over the next couple of weeks :-P

Arrested Developer wrote:A question to the new Digital Oszillator:

Is there a possiblity to reverse the LFO for one of the two oszillators?
E.G. when i route LFO2 for both OSCs to CTRL2, i'd like the Lfo reaching its minimum for OSC1 at the same time
when it hits the maximum for OSC2.
That would be very nice! wondered the same thing but with env2 as mod.

So instead a switch, I was thinking of maybe an offset modulation knob.... if set to -100 it would reverse the mod for the 2nd osc.

Hopefully this won't be considered to take away from the osc's intended awesomeness and get implemented! :D

Return to “u-he”