Diva 1.3.0b3 (r1973)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

After installing this beta version I hear a click sound when i open a project and the master channel clips at 666db. When i click at the clip button it clips again and I have to restart my audio device to get it working again. This worked up to now. Now nothing helps :cry:

My setup:

Windows 7 64bit
Studio One 2.6 pro 64bit

Thank you Urs and team for this update! Feels good to have top quality hardware sound in the box :love:

Edit:

This might've been a false alarm. By changing my reverb plugin on my fx channel I now only have to click the clip button to get it working. It's strange because this problem hasn't occurred before.
Last edited by janlonden on Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When the Arp is active it seems to skip the first note randomly at the beginning of a looped Pattern in FLstudio.

Urs wrote:Hehehe, please also check out the other waveforms. Much has been written, said and done about Supersaw, but part of the exercise was to also nail the other waveforms :)
there are other waveforms? :hihi:
ill give the demo a spin this weekend.

The "Dinosaur Impersonating Virtual Analogue Synthesizer" is sounding QUITE good (it always sounded great... it's just even better now)!

Though I still crave the ridiculous (Zebra-like control in Diva, or the Oscs and filters in Z2.6) the facts are, Diva has such lovely OSCs and Filters that it's hard to cling to that dream in the face of such sonic might.

The possibilities are impressive with these new tools in Diva. Which means pure AGONY!

Till now, I've used ACE to fill the "analog" gaps in my Zebra oriented rig... and honestly, it's a wonderful rig with just Zebra alone. My [free] copy of NI Massive can't find room in all the flexibility in Zeebs... it's that powerful!

Diva is a serious threat to my weak-ass processor (2011 Mac Air... 4Gigs ram). I fear for it's life when I summon Diva. I don't like owning too many licenses (no ones paying me to make noise). Even worse... I have yet to pony up for Dark Zebra in preparation for the quite distant-yet-inevitable Z3!

But I'm like a damn MOTH to a FLAME with these new Oscs and filters!!

You're making Diva VERY hard to resist, Urs... very hard INDEED!

:cry: :cry:
Retired, Bored and ready to WRECK the JOINT... gonna drop some OLD-STEP, ya'll!!

TomTwohy wrote:

You're making Diva VERY hard to resist, Urs... very hard INDEED!

:cry: :cry:

Such resistance is pointless... Diva is gonna seduce you sooner or later so why spend the time without her!! :lol:

Stupid question - how do I go about making a supersaw patch? Like on the original jp 8000? How was it made on that synth?

I know how to make a supersaw patch(lots of detuned saws), I just want to make the exact one that the jp 8000 is famous for. From what people have said in this thread I need to use unison on Diva, but then I can't play chords? Doesn't that defeat the point in having this patch?

Supersaw refers to an oscillator mode, to make a supersaw patch you just need to select that mode. Typically it's used for leads in trance but I prefer to use it as a vanilla ingredient for pads and strings. It also works well for bass if you filter it, but typically the supersaw is used bright.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Oooooh man, this is excellent! Thank you for the hard work, Urs & co!

The only "uh oh" is the transpose control, yeah, there's definitely something wonky with it. It seems to detune semi-randomly, but in an oddly coherent fashion. For example: right after I load Diva(x64) in Ableton Live, the transpose is at -14 by default, every time :).

Now, if I proceed to load, say, the patch XS Low Funk from the factory Bass category, transpose is at -12 (which I assume it should be for this patch). After I save the project, without touching anything else, the transpose is always at -13 after reloading.

In any case, I just worked for hours with this beta, inspired, and what can I say... Diva is magnificent. It's a true classic.

I guess there is something wrong with some dropdown menus, as the same thing happens with the LFO rates (a rate of 1s switches to 0.1s after a reload and so on).

Cheers
Dennis

virtualmark wrote:Stupid question - how do I go about making a supersaw patch? Like on the original jp 8000? How was it made on that synth?

I know how to make a supersaw patch(lots of detuned saws), I just want to make the exact one that the jp 8000 is famous for. From what people have said in this thread I need to use unison on Diva, but then I can't play chords? Doesn't that defeat the point in having this patch?
Unison in a super saw synth doesn't prevent you playing chords. The JP-8000 supersaw sounds the way it does because it's Oscillators were designed for the supersaw it could do lots of diferent sounding supersaws as well as other sounds. DIVA 1.3 has those Oscillators so as long as you have Digital OSc module enabled in DIVA you have the JP-8000 sound.
For a typical JP-8000 Antham trance supersaw:-

Make sure you got the latest version of DIVA 1.3 beta so that you get the dynamic knob labels.

Open the preset Initialize
Select the modules Digital OSC, UHBIE Filer, analogue for ADSR 1 and 2.
Select multisaws for both Oscillators
Enable Sync
Turn up both multi knobs to half way at least and more to your liking.
Crank up the Res knob in UHBIE filter
Turn up the feedback
Adjust ADSR 1 to your liking
Turn both detune knobs to about 60 and to taste.
Add Chorus effect
Delay effect
Shed loads of Plate Reverb although some EDM producers use no reverb on the supersaw lead.
Some like to use an EQ plugin to boost the highs.

If you use the same and use the cutoff knob so it sounds very soft turn up R atleast halfway on the ADSR 1 and add Phaser effect you get an amazing Phazer supersaw pad. With the above you can use the other knobs in DIVA to get something more interesting.
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:46 am, edited 10 times in total.

EvilDragon wrote:
Markus808 wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Use sustain pedal?
That's one solution, but keeping my foot on the pedal for minutes is a bit tiresome, isn't it?! :wink:
No, it isn't. It's what a real player does pretty much all the time :D

Some people don't have a sustain pedal. Likewise, my Push and laptop fit nice in my backpack and my sustain pedal makes it clunky.

Most importantly, for me, it is not about holding the sustain pedal a long time as switching in precise timing over repeated chords. Playing an arp is not like playing notes. Playing notes a slight timing issue with the sustain pedal means nothing. Playing an arp though, miss the timing slightly and the arp is messed up noticeably... not good for live performance.

I'm pretty decent with the sustain pedal but when playing an arp and quickly switching chords, it is easy to miss just enough to mess up the flow of the arp...

The hold button never misses.

It is a trivial addition that takes up almost no space and has an important benefit for realtime performance. In fact, for me, for live performance, it is essential.

Is anyone having an issue with this build where the GUI flickers every few seconds? I'm on Win 7 64bit, and was running the x64 bit VST3 plugin in Studio One 2.6.

paterpeter wrote:There's definitively something wrong when a project with Diva is saved and then later loaded.
I can verify a problem on reload with rev 1973

from outputdebugstring looks like an 'assert was hit'....

( inModifiers & AM_ctrl && ports[ 1 ].ParamInfo != NULL && ports[ 2 ].ParamInfo != NULL ) false
real lowest 58 highest 65
lowest 58 highest 58
real lowest 58 highest 58
lowest 58 highest 58
real lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 58 highest 58
lowest 150 highest 0
real lowest 68 highest 68
lowest 68 highest 68
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 58 highest 58
lowest 150 highest 0
real lowest 62 highest 62
lowest 62 highest 62
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 62 highest 62
real lowest 62 highest 65
lowest 62 highest 62
real lowest 65 highest 65
lowest 65 highest 65
HIERISTES!!!
AM_ParaMan::setStateInfo mode 0
value < params_Info[ id ].minValue Revision 646.00 < 1973.00
GETING CALLBACK FOR FILTER 0
Updating tuning tables for qlty 2 OS 4
PARAMAN PRESETFILE HS 2-Pole Torus.h2p
doneLoad
AM_View_Interface::storeViewState
AM_View_Interface::storeViewState Path: 'Local/1 BASS'

AM_View_Interface::storeViewState File: 'HS Two-Pole Torus.h2p'

AM_AudioMan::getParameterValueComplex MetaA - 'Howrd Scarr'
AM_AudioMan::getParameterValueComplex MetaD - 'Try turning VCO3 up...'
AM_AudioMan::getParameterValueComplex MetaH - 'mod wheel = cutoff
pressure = vibrato
breath = resonance'
/doneLoad
lowest 150 highest 0
AM_AudioMan::getParameterValueComplex PatchFolder - 'Local/1 BASS'
AM_AudioMan::getParameterValueComplex PatchFileName - 'HS Two-Pole Torus.h2p'
AM_AudioMan::getParameterValueComplex GUI FileName - ''
AM_AudioMan::getParameterValueComplex MetaA - 'Howrd Scarr'
AM_AudioMan::getParameterValueComplex MetaD - 'Try turning VCO3 up...'
AM_AudioMan::getParameterValueComplex MetaH - 'mod wheel = cutoff
pressure = vibrato
breath = resonance'
AM_AudioMan::getParameterValueComplex Tuning - ''
lowest 68 highest 68
radioStates 0, numBits 3, value 0.00
lowest 150 highest 0
real lowest 63 highest 63
lowest 63 highest 63
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 63 highest 63
lowest 63 highest 63
lowest 63 highest 63
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 63 highest 63
lowest 150 highest 0
real lowest 67 highest 67
lowest 67 highest 67
lowest 150 highest 0
real lowest 67 highest 67
lowest 67 highest 67
lowest 150 highest 0
real lowest 70 highest 70
lowest 70 highest 70
lowest 150 highest 0
real lowest 72 highest 72
lowest 72 highest 72
real lowest 55 highest 72
lowest 55 highest 55
real lowest 55 highest 55
lowest 55 highest 55
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 55 highest 55
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 55 highest 55
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 55 highest 55
lowest 150 highest 0
real lowest 59 highest 59
lowest 59 highest 59
lowest 150 highest 0
real lowest 59 highest 59
lowest 59 highest 59
Updating tuning tables for qlty 2 OS 4
real lowest 59 highest 62
lowest 59 highest 59
lowest 62 highest 62
lowest 150 highest 0
real lowest 70 highest 70
lowest 70 highest 70
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 55 highest 55
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 55 highest 55
lowest 150 highest 0
real lowest 60 highest 60
lowest 60 highest 60
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 60 highest 60
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 62 highest 62
lowest 150 highest 0
real lowest 48 highest 48
lowest 48 highest 48
real lowest 48 highest 60
lowest 48 highest 48
lowest 60 highest 60
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 48 highest 48
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 48 highest 48
lowest 150 highest 0
real lowest 51 highest 51
lowest 51 highest 51
lowest 150 highest 0
real lowest 51 highest 51
lowest 51 highest 51
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 55 highest 55
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 63 highest 63
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 68 highest 68
lowest 150 highest 0
lowest 68 highest 68
MouseUp Without Tracking

SaganTech wrote:
paterpeter wrote:There's definitively something wrong when a project with Diva is saved and then later loaded.
I can verify a problem on reload with rev 1973

from outputdebugstring looks like an 'assert was hit'....
No assert there, just plain debug logging of some stuff...

We'll look into this. Unfortunately we couldn't yet replicate any issues with those menu-based parameters.

Kaboom75 wrote:
virtualmark wrote:Stupid question - how do I go about making a supersaw patch? Like on the original jp 8000? How was it made on that synth?

Unison in a super saw synth doesn't prevent you playing chords. The JP-8000 supersaw sounds the way it does because it's Oscillators were designed for the supersaw it could do lots of diferent sounding supersaws as well as other sounds. DIVA 1.3 has those Oscillators so as long as you have Digital OSc module enabled in DIVA you have the JP-8000 sound.
For a typical JP-8000 Antham trance supersaw:-

Make sure you got the latest version of DIVA 1.3 beta so that you get the dynamic knob labels.

I hope there will be some official presets that demonstrate these new added features. Because MANY users will be asking the same question as the OP.

Return to “u-he”